Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NRC final moving to Halifax

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,956 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

The game yet again has been made a total laughing stock in the sporting world

Finals have to be NEUTRAL venues

Are they totally stupid or just inept

How are they getting away with so many pathetic decisions. Would Wigan fans allow a final being played at Warrington against The Wire? no they would nt

bill. I will slate the rfl when I reckon tgey have made dosey decisions. But the champ cluubs debated, suggested and voted on this!!! Not the rfl
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#62 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

Next year in Featherstone!!!!

Cummins Out.

#63 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,429 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Next year in Featherstone!!!!

Which, let's face it, would be as c rap as holding it in Haliafx. What an awful decision this is. Saving brass is one thing, but it's just so .....boring.

A Fev Blog

#64 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

We don't know who is gong to be in the final so wouldn't it make sense to have a two leg system home and away of the two clubs? we used it in the old days why not now?

#65 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

It doesn't matter fax won't be in the NR final and Leigh are woeful when it comes to the play offs. So I doubt they will be in the GF either so it doesn't really matter. Fev and eagles both finals😛

#66 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

We don't know who is gong to be in the final so wouldn't it make sense to have a two leg system home and away of the two clubs? we used it in the old days why not now?

Complaints about too many matches.

Cummins Out.

#67 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

It doesn't matter fax won't be in the NR final and Leigh are woeful when it comes to the play offs. So I doubt they will be in the GF either so it doesn't really matter. Fev and eagles both finals

:lol: We might have a full squad this season when the playoffs come round. -_-

#68 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Ah - that'll be why we've tagged four more on this year. :lol:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#69 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

:lol: We might have a full squad this season when the playoffs come round. -_-

Got to agree frank I think the play offs is a lottery to be honest. I think it comes down to who as the least injuries come play off time. Even more so this season with the silly play offs we have in place. You could enter the play offs this season with a fully fit injury free squad and get to the final with half a squad with the extra game/s in the play offs. Also we all know who ever wins the league is going to pick the lowest team in the table to play so why have this system? Also even more so why make the league leaders pick? Just give them the lowest ranking team.

Edited by thundergaz, 14 February 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#70 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Got to agree frank I think the play offs is a lottery to be honest. I think it comes down to who as the least injuries come play off time. Even more so this season with the silly play offs we have in place. You could enter the play offs this season with a fully fit injury free squad and get to the final with half a squad with the extra game/s in the play offs. Also we all know who ever wins the league is going to pick the lowest team in the table to play so why have this system? Also even more so why make the league leaders pick? Just give them the lowest ranking team.

The Championship don't have club call. The teams voted against it.

#71 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

The Championship don't have club call. The teams voted against it.

Thanks for that. But I thought that was the system this season? Or as it been reversed in the last month or so? No my fault I got it wrong. With the winner playing fourth place etc i thought it was club call. So now the top 2 don't play off to see who goes to the final that's wrong IMO. But I guess the club that reaches the final wont only have 2 games in a month now which is good I guess.

Edited by thundergaz, 14 February 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#72 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

It doesn't matter fax won't be in the NR final and Leigh are woeful when it comes to the play offs. So I doubt they will be in the GF either so it doesn't really matter. Fev and eagles both finals

Fax wont be in the final and Leigh are Woeful !!!! From the Final Chockers this is a classic !!!

Seriously though, this year really could be a mix depending on how the Dual reg is used, IE how many times a player must play to qualify to play in the NRC games/ Semis/ final etc.

#73 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

Fax wont be in the final and Leigh are Woeful !!!! From the Final Chockers this is a classic !!!

Seriously though, this year really could be a mix depending on how the Dual reg is used, IE how many times a player must play to qualify to play in the NRC games/ Semis/ final etc.

It was just a bit of fun. IE with the faces at the bottom. But yes true about the DR system especially if they can bring in the likes of sinfield etc just for the special games.

#74 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

Thanks for that. But I thought that was the system this season? Or as it been reversed in the last month or so? No my fault I got it wrong.

Yep - afraid it is. There was a big fuss made about Div 2 clubs making their own mark or summat when the 8 team play-off was announced.

"Traditional" was the word used. Traditional to me would be 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5 but, obviously these club reps have shorter memories than me.

#75 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Just one?

#76 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Just one?

Or blank weeks.

You've got two clubs playing in a two legged final whilst the rest are sat twiddling their thumbs.

#77 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

No its the final. One week at one club the other week at the other club. Surely that could be fitted in without too much grief, on the suggest scheme and it's Halifax all the set up will have to be changed anyway. How many neutrals go anyway, most could play if they wanted to..

#78 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,956 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

Nah... a final is one game! Thats what almost every fan wants!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#79 johnh

johnh
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Agreed, a final is a final is a final! Two legs are boring!

What the clubs have done by these votes re the finals is to stick two fingers up at the fans and say s0d you lot, we care more about our profits than we do about you.
Matt - send us some players from Tonga

#80 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Did any Super League clubs bid for the final?

Cummins Out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users