Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NRC final moving to Halifax

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

Did any Super League clubs bid for the final?

I don't think they had a say matt. I think it was just the RFL and champ clubs that had the meeting and only the champ clubs voted I think. But I would like to know what our club voted for.

#82 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

I don't think they had a say matt. I think it was just the RFL and champ clubs that had the meeting and only the champ clubs voted I think. But I would like to know what our club voted for.

You'd have hoped for an open bidding process!

Cummins Out.

#83 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

I've voiced my concerns in an earlier post, but it's done now, so lets make the most of it!
Halifax is fairly central, and a nice town, so let's maximise the day! I don't go to RL internationals because they stink too much of Super League, but I got a cracking deal on the World Cup Final. I got 4 tickets, 1 concession and 3 kids, for £20, plus we all got a free beanie hat each. At those prices it seemed mean not to take my grandkids. It seems the RFL are trying to fill the ground to advertise the game.
Instead of bumping up the prices, the Championship Clubs ought to concentrate on trying to fill the ground. If they made ticket prices attractive, especially to neutral supporters, many would come, new deals could be struck with the caterers in view of the extra customers, and a full house would look great on TV. Empty seats being shown on TV is a bad advert for any sport.
Let's play the final on a Saturday or Sunday tea time and re-arrange all other clashing fixtures other than those in the afternoon where neutrals could still get to the Shay. Let's make the ticket prices very tempting, sell the majority of seats to neutrals, and save the standing areas behind both sets of goals for the finalists! Beside advertising the game, it would give all Championship fans a good day out without costing them the earth!
It would also be a good idea for Calderdale Council to put special afternoon events on in the town at places like the Piece Hall. Eureka, etc.

Edited by Steve Slater, 16 February 2013 - 09:12 AM.

#84 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,463 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

Nah... a final is one game! Thats what almost every fan wants!

Whilst I don't agree with some club being at hom e in the final, I have to say that I'd prefer playing away to a two leg affair.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users