Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Another link up

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

It's been announced today that Castleford are to link up with Keighley and Keighley are looking for 2 or 3 Cas players for this weekends match with Haven.

There's not many left free now. Leigh are thinking of using one or two players from Wigan.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Thats Keighley bricking it when they see Wood, Moore and Leuluai being quoted in squads. Its made them think, they don't want to be relegated. They had a squad that was skewed towards being filled by lads from the Keighley area. All that could go out of the window. Their young lads could get p!s$ed off and move away from the game or back to amateur. We are a week into the season and the situation has the potential to be worse than the most pessimistic posters ever typed on totalrl.com

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Ade Gardner training with haven ahead of Sundays game ...And another bod I've not heard of.

Edited by DavidM, 07 February 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#4 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Ade Gardner training with haven ahead of Sundays game ...

Got told him and paul clough maybe gary wheeler and last week we had the option of nathan ashe aswell think dave woods done right to say no last week but were missing calvert and doran this week 2 of our better players ideally ackerley and barker would slip right in but lets wait and see

#5 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

dont get me wrong its not right whats happening but i think if you lot borrow a couple of widnes forwards to compliment what youve got you may surprise fax big time and beat em well

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Wonder lads if we'll hear from our righteous haven friend after all he's had to say ????

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Wonder lads if we'll hear from our righteous haven friend after all he's had to say ????

Especially as Ade Gardner is 30 years old!!!!!!! Obviously his coach doesn't agree with his age limit proposal.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

What a step down from Calvert ...

#9 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

Especially as Ade Gardner is 30 years old!!!!!!! Obviously his coach doesn't agree with his age limit proposal.

maybe his days at saints are coming to an end wouldn,t mind himon loan for the season mind

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Only two weeks in and it's anything goes in this system for sure ! Boy there's gonna be fun n games to come at this rate .

#11 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Been told Haven are being forced to play a saints player on Sunday and they have no choice in the matter!!!
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#12 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

Keighley have Jake Emmitt and Charlie Martin (forwards) from Cas playing under their new link up.

#13 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Its getten a ####ing joke fair enough bring the young fringe players trew the dr bt for ####0sake give the players who have been at the club for a bit a chance to shine

#14 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

If you mean me then I suggest you read all my posts on this subject.Have said all along its wrong ,just because haven are using it doesn't change that.As for being forced to take them ,Otto if that's the case then what happened last week?.Haven were offered 4 players this week 2 will train with them.So just for the record Dave yes this system is wrong no matter who uses it. is that clear enough for you.Keith the age limit proposal and limiting the amount of players you can register on DR(like we had last year).Would stop most of this stupid bending of the rules that is going on .

Edited by haven4ever, 08 February 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#15 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

I really do hope that I am wrong when I say this but this will end up as a massive disaster for teams below Super League level if it carries on for too long.

Paul Wood, Ade Gardner, the Rhinos props playing in our league plus many others has to be so wrong.

I don't know how Charlo and Woods are going to be able to look their home grown players in the eye when they have to tell them that they aren't playing and therefore picking up much needed pay packets to make way for a player that has no feeling for a team from our county

I am really worried for our sport, long term. We now have the drugs thing going on in Aus. Won't be long before the Northern hemisphere is dragged in to this.

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#16 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

If I was Workington I would play Kavanagh and Davies from Widnes.They are upset not to be picked in the squad, and will be hungry to perform.Halfbacks and forwards seem to be our strong postions.Would not mind Callum Philips though.

#17 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

I really do hope that I am wrong when I say this but this will end up as a massive disaster for teams below Super League level if it carries on for too long.

Paul Wood, Ade Gardner, the Rhinos props playing in our league plus many others has to be so wrong.

I don't know how Charlo and Woods are going to be able to look their home grown players in the eye when they have to tell them that they aren't playing and therefore picking up much needed pay packets to make way for a player that has no feeling for a team from our county

I am really worried for our sport, long term. We now have the drugs thing going on in Aus. Won't be long before the Northern hemisphere is dragged in to this.

I fully agree......it's a recipe for disaster.

#18 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

I fully agree......it's a recipe for disaster.

most fans you speak to feel the same.The only people who dont are the RFL and they are suprised that established first team players are been used on DR,like that ws never going to happen was it!!!!!!

#19 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

I guess the RFL might argue it will raise the level of RL in the championship and give the opportunity to see known SL players which will increase the fan base ? I think Town look to be handling it well though and it will be all about rotation and handling injury problems, but I'd still strengthen the bench on sunday with a Widnes second rower.

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

well big kylie cant play for hunslet because of problems wigh his visa
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users