Kid Free Flights

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,743 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Its not easy mate, as you will probably know one day. ;) When you are losing your rag the last thing you need is someone tut-tutting at you and pointing out your parental shortcomings. Perhaps some of the stress comes from knowing your kids are annoying others?

And it is only a minority that regard their kids as little angels who can do no wrong, most realise they can be a pain.

I'm unlikely to become a parent but if I do my children will be perfect and behave impeccably. ;)
Fides invicta triumphat

#42 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

Kids have a semi-reasonable excuse. The inconsiderate turds who fling their seat backwards before taxiing, really wind me up.

#43 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,743 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Kids have a semi-reasonable excuse. The inconsiderate turds who fling their seat backwards before taxiing, really wind me up.

Oh yes. BTW what is the etiquette with reclining the seat on a plane? I tend to wait for the person in front to so it before I do. I once had someone have a go at me for daring to recline even though the passenger in front had.
Fides invicta triumphat

#44 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,519 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

I have no problem sharing a flight with kids, as long as their seats are on the wing.

Kids aren't the problem, its the parents who can't/won't control them.

Spot on. I was on a flight once when a couple sat in one row of seating an sat their brat of a toddler in the row in front of them next to me! They had a nice peaceful fight while I had to contend with sitting next to a fidgety four year old. I'd opt for kid free sections if they were available, not only on planes but all public transport and especially in pubs. Parents, if you must bring your kids into the pub for a meal keep the brats under control, don't just switch off swilling back the booze and let them run amok.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#45 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Oh yes. BTW what is the etiquette with reclining the seat on a plane? I tend to wait for the person in front to so it before I do. I once had someone have a go at me for daring to recline even though the passenger in front had.

Personally, it is my humble reclining should only be allowed on overnight flights. I am over six feet tall, far from svelte and have never felt the need to put my seat back. The legroom afforded on today's planes doesn't require it.

The only time I have flown on an upgraded seat, an octogenarian midget did exactly what I stated in my previous post. To say it peed me off would be an understatement.

As you have probably deduced, I am vehemently anti-recline!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users