Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Luke Hardbottle

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 steve56

steve56
  • Coach
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

Bit of a blow here,Radio York reporting this morning that Luke Hardbottle is now staying in Aus and won't be joining us this season.

Edited by steve56, 08 February 2013 - 08:28 AM.

#2 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

Can't say i blame him who the hell would want to come back to england as things stand, big loss for the Knights

ala

#3 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

Notice that Ryan Esders has left Batley. I'd have him back and play him at Loose Forward.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#4 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

Notice that Ryan Esders has left Batley. I'd have him back and play him at Loose Forward.

Left under a cloud, but would be worth trial at loose if he was wiiling to come back.

ala

#5 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Get Esders back, but never, ever, ever play him at centre, get him in at loose forward

#6 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

I'd rather play Tyler Craig if I'm honest.

Fair play to Luke though, and good luck to him!
Posted Image

#7 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

Yes get ryan back, big powerfull and knows where the try line is. Hatrick against swinton last time he played for us.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

Can't we send young Tyler out on DR to a SL club like Fev to gain experience?

#9 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

:D
Posted Image

#10 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

Can't we send young Tyler out on DR to a SL club like Fev to gain experience?

You should have linked up with us😄😄😄. But on a serious note I doubt their is anything stopping York linking up with a champ one team. Also I don't know why keighley have linked up with c@s they would have got better players off you guys 😄😄😄

#11 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

You should have linked up with us. But on a serious note I doubt their is anything stopping York linking up with a champ one team. Also I don't know why keighley have linked up with c@s they would have got better players off you guys

Thats a bit harsh, Gaz. Now let me think of the guys we had from Cas on DR who really gave it a go, er, er, wait a minute, er, ah, oh yes, I knew there was one - John Davies. :rolleyes:

#12 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Big Ezo fan but I'd rather see us bring Ty Craig on, personally..

Edited by andyacko, 08 February 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#13 KNIGHTS2009

KNIGHTS2009
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

Hardbottle will be a massive loss but yeah cannot blame him staying in Australia instead of coming to England.
TOUCH THE MAGIC OF THE YORK CITY KNIGHTS

Posted Image

Posted Image

YORK CITY KNIGHTS CHAMPIONSHIP 1 PLAY OFF FINAL WINNERS 2010

#14 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Heard a few weeks back he was staying in Aus , think his other half got a job too good to turn down , shame really them kids a decent player but we will survive !!!!!!!!
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#15 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Thats a bit harsh, Gaz. Now let me think of the guys we had from Cas on DR who really gave it a go, er, er, wait a minute, er, ah, oh yes, I knew there was one - John Davies. :rolleyes:

It wasn't meant in any bad way mate just a bit of fun. Like the post i replied it to.

#16 HunsletJosh6

HunsletJosh6
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

I've played with and against Tyler plenty of times but to even compare him, at this stage in his career to potentially one of the best loose forwards in the division is ridiculous.
Posted Image

#17 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

I've played with and against Tyler plenty of times but to even compare him, at this stage in his career to potentially one of the best loose forwards in the division is ridiculous.

Where did I compare him to Ryan Esders?

Thats twice you've snapped at me today, Chill out bro! ;)
Posted Image

#18 HunsletJosh6

HunsletJosh6
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Where did I compare him to Ryan Esders?

Thats twice you've snapped at me today, Chill out bro! ;)

Bit sensitive there mate.....no snapping intended. :ph34r:

You said you'd rather play Tyler than Esders no? There's some level of comparison in there by default surely?

Seriously though the best deal for Tyler is a season of consistency in the 21's. The Hardaker route is a perfect model for anyone that joins the pro scene a little later on in their junior careers
Posted Image

#19 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Bit sensitive there mate.....no snapping intended. :ph34r:

You said you'd rather play Tyler than Esders no? There's some level of comparison in there by default surely?

Seriously though the best deal for Tyler is a season of consistency in the 21's. The Hardaker route is a perfect model for anyone that joins the pro scene a little later on in their junior careers

Ah he'll be reet!

Money is tight is more my point, I would rather play a back-row three of Scott, Golden & Craig rather than spend money on a very temperamental (although very good) player.

Just my opinion though!
Posted Image

#20 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 615 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

You get 2 loose forwards for the price of one with Esders.