TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Leuluai denied permission to play for Hunslet this weekend

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 HunsletHawks

HunsletHawks
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

RFL Statement

#2 HunsletJosh6

HunsletJosh6
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

That really doesn't strike me as something that would hit anyone in the face. Whilst I don't have the most in depth knowledge of the systems and processes involved in player registration it would seem to me that someone at Red Hall has obvioulsy unearthed every last bit of the rulebook to prevent this hapening.

Dual Reg and wether it's wrong or right aside it's players like Kylie Leuluai in a Hunslet shirt that will bring people through the turnstiles and all in all this at face value is disappointing
Posted Image

#3 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

I'd better check Mark Holme's visa to see if he can play for the Old Boys this w/end then , what with him being from Belle isle and cuming across the borders into Hunslet........Pheeeew :mellow:

#4 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Luckily we won't have this problem with Sam Tomkins turning out for us on Sunday! ;) (part of our unofficial arrangement with W***n)

#5 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

I wonder what wouldve happened if he had played and subsequently found ineligable ? points deductions all round ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#6 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

That really doesn't strike me as something that would hit anyone in the face. Whilst I don't have the most in depth knowledge of the systems and processes involved in player registration it would seem to me that someone at Red Hall has obvioulsy unearthed every last bit of the rulebook to prevent this hapening.

Hardly. It was the first thing I thought of when it was announced.

And its the UK Border Agency that said no, the RFL were actively lobbying them to let him play.
Posted Image

#7 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

I wonder what wouldve happened if he had played and subsequently found ineligable ? points deductions all round ?

Deportation?
Posted Image

#8 Russ

Russ
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Him not playing is gonna cost us the game on sunday now :wacko: <_<

#9 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

ah the vaguaries of the DR system....
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#10 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

I wonder who is going to come in to replace him? :o

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#11 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

I wonder who is going to come in to replace him? :o

The poor Hunslet prop who thought he'd be going out sunday with his girlfriend/wife , kids , because he did'nt think he was needed........

#12 HunsletJosh6

HunsletJosh6
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Hardly. It was the first thing I thought of when it was announced.

And its the UK Border Agency that said no, the RFL were actively lobbying them to let him play.

I'm about as convinced that it was 'the first thing you thought of' as I am that the UK Border Agency actively scrutinise the registrations of semi professional rugby league players.
Posted Image

#13 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

I'm about as convinced that it was 'the first thing you thought of' as I am that the UK Border Agency actively scrutinise the registrations of semi professional rugby league players.

When Widnes announced they were registering their squad with Workington they specifically stated that it excluded overseas players due to visa restrictions. So some clubs have been aware of it for a while.

#14 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Tweeted at 3.03pm on Wednesday, about 90 seconds after the press release landed in my inbox. The UKBA scrutinise it enough to block this move.
Posted Image

#15 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Tweeted at 3.03pm on Wednesday, about 90 seconds after the press release landed in my inbox. The UKBA scrutinise it enough to block this move.

No tweet to back it up as evidence, but you weren't the only one that thought that before the announcement Gav. ;)

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#16 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

When Widnes announced they were registering their squad with Workington they specifically stated that it excluded overseas players due to visa restrictions. So some clubs have been aware of it for a while.

Yes, that was my thought when it was announced and I looked to see when he came here to see if he now qualified on residency. He first came in 2007.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#17 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Dual Reg and wether it's wrong or right aside it's players like Kylie Leuluai in a Hunslet shirt that will bring people through the turnstiles and all in all this at face value is disappointing

An aging and retiring prop is what will get your turnstiles spinning?

Cummins Out.

#18 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

The phrase in the statement "an arrangement that means open-age overseas tier-two visa players returning from injury cannot gain match fitness on short-term loans or dual registrations" says everything about the real puporse of DR to the RFL and SL clubs.

#19 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

An aging and retiring prop is what will get your turnstiles spinning?

An international, world club challenge winner and 2 times super league grand final winner playing at the SLS just might yes

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#20 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

It seems Garys not happy http://www.therhinos...hp#.URUsmB3mI9p :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users