Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leuluai denied permission to play for Hunslet this weekend

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

An international, world club challenge winner and 2 times super league grand final winner playing at the SLS just might yes

it might had you actually signed him
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#22 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

There's always next week ;)
Hawkeye
Posted Image

#23 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

It seems Garys not happy http://www.therhinos...hp#.URUsmB3mI9p :o

Awwww. There's a simple answer to Gazza's problem, don't recruit overseas players who aren't good enough to get in your 1st team.

#24 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

intheshed , are you a salford fan? if so, the amount of s h i t e youve brought across over the years beggers belief
Posted Image

#25 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

intheshed , are you a salford fan? if so, the amount of s h i t e youve brought across over the years beggers belief

Nah, Fev. Which I understand is likely to make me even less popular on here at the moment ;). And, yes we've had our share of poop over the years too but of all the feelings I have over this DR business, sympathy for Leeds aint prominent amongst them.

#26 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

I notice all the snipes about 'Baby Rhinos' and 'Rhinos Feeder Club' are no longer being bombarded on the York site ? its a great quote that "what goes around comes around"
The ultimate Leeds haters having their puppet strings pulled by Hetherington....... :D

We call them baby codheads now and you lot Batley Bigheads (Refering to the Giants Mascot head) ;)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#27 Penola

Penola
  • 610 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

I notice all the snipes about 'Baby Rhinos' and 'Rhinos Feeder Club' are no longer being bombarded on the York site ? its a great quote that "what goes around comes around"
The ultimate Leeds haters having their puppet strings pulled by Hetherington....... :D

Welcome back Bulldoggy. Who dug you up? :D

#28 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

It's staggering to think that Hetherington isn't aware of the Border Agency rules. He signs enough overseas' players at Leeds!

#29 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

It's staggering to think that Hetherington isn't aware of the Border Agency rules. He signs enough overseas' players at Leeds!

are you really having a dig at Leeds, who have one of the biggest 'home grown players' squads in the league, for signing overseas players?

#30 ProBono

ProBono
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

No, he's having a dig at Hetherington who should be aware of UKBA regulations. Wigan are aware of the regulations and didn't DR their visa holders.

#31 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

No, he's having a dig at Hetherington who should be aware of UKBA regulations. Wigan are aware of the regulations and didn't DR their visa holders.

Either way it gave Hunslet great exposure on national media, including TV and radio, and has seemed to rattle a few clubs and the RFL so we might see some changes put in place that will revamp dual reg in 2014!

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#32 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Wigan haven't DR'd anyone. (Yet.)
Posted Image

#33 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Thank you. I'm well aware that Leeds have a fantastic youth set up, but they still sign enough overseas' players to be aware of the regulations.

#34 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

I'm just glad this has come out early and been cleared up before we played him!

#35 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

It seems Garys not happy http://www.therhinos...hp#.URUsmB3mI9p :o

It's Gary now is it Gav, next it'll yes sir, certainly sir :-D

#36 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

This is about Leeds who boast having the best home grown set up but only play with English players, yet they have an overseas player sat in reserve waiting for a opportunity to step in. Rather than a local up & coming player

#37 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

You got undersoil heating at the new stadium AlanE? If so we might need it turned on for sunday..
Posted Image

#38 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

Come on mate at least get my name right! ;)

#39 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

How many dual reg reg players did you pikeys play last week shadow?
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#40 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

How many dual reg reg players did you pikeys play last week shadow?

More than Huns I think is the answer you're looking for!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users