Get the League Express Yearbook 2013/14, The Forbidden Game, All Blacks to All Golds and many more great Rugby League books at knock down prices in our Easter Sale on now at www.totalrl.com/shop but hurry, all offers end Sunday 27th April.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leuluai denied permission to play for Hunslet this weekend

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

How many dual reg reg players did you pikeys play last week shadow?

York played 5 dual reg last week, we played 2, Sunday we will play 2 York will play 5, that's a 10 to 4 in their favour, York have played more dual reg in two weeks than Hunslet has in its history, which to be honest I havnt got a problem with that, each to their own, but no way can York even think to start criticising us over dual reg! How your media manager had cheek to call us a feeder team on twitter was beyond me ;)

If York and Hunslet finish in the playoffs this season I wil be well happy!

Edited by Blackpool Hawk, 09 February 2013 - 01:14 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#42 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

it might had you actually signed him

You ever heard of an exhibition match, a one off where people go to watch?

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#43 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

You got undersoil heating at the new stadium AlanE? If so we might need it turned on for sunday..

Yes, we're lucky to have under soil heating. Amazingly, when we played Swinton in the friendly, after a week of heavy frost, we didn't need the heating, as the snow had kept the pitch soft. Anyway, we can't afford to pay for it!

The forecast dioesn't seem as bad now so, if you're coming over, have a safe journey.

Pity they didn't instal under seat heating when they built the LSV! ;)

Edited by AlanE, 09 February 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#44 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

York played 5 dual reg last week, we played 2, Sunday we will play 2 York will play 5, that's a 10 to 4 in their favour, York have played more dual reg in two weeks than Hunslet has in its history, which to be honest I havnt got a problem with that, each to their own, but no way can York even think to start criticising us over dual reg! How your media manager had cheek to call us a feeder team on twitter was beyond me ;)

If York and Hunslet finish in the playoffs this season I wil be well happy!

We've got Joe Arundel tomorrow cos he was ###### against Leeds so we're being used as the naughty step.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights & Hunslet Hawks RLFC.

Official Player Sponsor of Danny Nicklas Ben Johnston for the 2013 season
alldesignandprint.co.uk

Linkedin

Twitter

#45 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

We've got Joe Arundel tomorrow cos he was ###### against Leeds so we're being used as the naughty step.

So is that Gentle's motivation to the players, do the business or your going to York? Seems daft to say but it's not far off the mark for all super league coaches! Perform or go in dual reg!

#46 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

So is that Gentle's motivation to the players, do the business or your going to York? Seems daft to say but it's not far off the mark for all super league coaches! Perform or go in dual reg!

I don't know if that's actually the case, I was taking the mick. Although Gentle did say he was off the pace last week so it would do him good to play for us. I'll accept it as Arundel is still a kid really and Thornton has said it will be a different matter if we get offered say Rich Horne or Danny Tickle, but we'll see.

Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights & Hunslet Hawks RLFC.

alldesignandprint.co.uk

Linkedin

Twitter

#47 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

so if Hunslet were offered Kallum Watkins (he's the same age) not leuluai it would have been fine...

#48 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

so if Hunslet were offered Kallum Watkins (he's the same age) not leuluai it would have been fine...

If he's under 23 I think it's an acceptable enough use of how we were told DR would work. Anyway, I just want York and Hunslet to stay in this division, and if that means using other teams players then so be it, I'll worry about the morals of it all when I've got no club to support.

Edited by Simon Hall, 09 February 2013 - 01:02 PM.

alldesignandprint.co.uk

Linkedin

Twitter

#49 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

If he's under 23 I think it's an acceptable enough use of how we were told DR would work. Anyway, I just want York and Hunslet to stay in this division, and if that means using other teams players then so be it, I'll worry about the morals of it all when I've got no club to support.

Well said nate

#50 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

told by who? the rules were clear from the start

and even if it was under 23, hardaker, watkins, mcshane, ward & clarkson could all turn out for hunslet at the same time, do you think it would have got a different reaction to moore & leuluia? I doubt it!

#51 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

told by who? the rules were clear from the start

and even if it was under 23, hardaker, watkins, mcshane, ward & clarkson could all turn out for hunslet at the same time, do you think it would have got a different reaction to moore & leuluia? I doubt it!

Past caring what other clubs supporters think now to be honest. They couldn't care less about the likes of York or Hunslet as long as we don't trouble them or have the cheek to try and compete and survive on a pittance. God forbid we try something different to put decent players on the pitch instead if spunking a rich blokes cash on a player who'll only leave once he gets a better offer anyway.

alldesignandprint.co.uk

Linkedin

Twitter

#52 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

This thread makes me sad.
Posted Image

#53 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

This whole DR system makes me sad gav. I find the whoke system abhorrent and totally compromises long term development for short-termism.
Can't say I've ever felt as depressed about the state of the game as I do now gav.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#54 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

This whole DR system makes me sad gav. I find the whoke system abhorrent and totally compromises long term development for short-termism.
Can't say I've ever felt as depressed about the state of the game as I do now gav.

personally i think you've got it the wrong way round. for mine it's a short term answer to help the long term of the sport, without saving been made on the whole sport (or a sudden massive increase in money) then the long term of the sport is in major jeopardy.

#55 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

personally i think you've got it the wrong way round. for mine it's a short term answer to help the long term of the sport, without saving been made on the whole sport (or a sudden massive increase in money) then the long term of the sport is in major jeopardy.

then we disagree. C'est la vie

#56 Mycoe For Knighthood

Mycoe For Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Help the long term of the sport or just the long term of superleague clubs with teams outside sl becoming glorified A teams??

#57 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

Help the long term of the sport or just the long term of superleague clubs with teams outside sl becoming glorified A teams??

aye! Like I said.... very sad

#58 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

if super league went #### up, do you think there'd be a Hunslet? Where do you think the money for the central funds come from in the sport? Do premier sport give enough to provide for every club? I doubt it!

Edited by noname6, 09 February 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#59 Pride & Heritage

Pride & Heritage
  • Coach
  • 464 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Do you not think that the SL clubs are paying too much for there squad of players, it seems to me they all have these players, who they know won't be playing most weeks, so why have them at all? Surely it is criminal to have your better players not playing 1st team rugby regularly?

Surely, what would be better is to have no dual reg at all. That way SL clubs would only sign the number of players they are likely to play regularly given some squad rotation and to cover injuries, throughout a season.

This would leave a good pool of SL squad players available for the Championship clubs to sign. Lets not forget here if the likes of Wigan and Leeds didn't snap up every bit of promising talent from school age players might do what they did years ago, by signing for their local sides to prove they could make it in the big time, at places like Featherstone, York and Hunslet. Surely that would be a far better solution?

Although a bit off the wall, maybe as a reward for developing this talent, the clubs in the lower division could be compensated by a monetary sum by the SL if they want to sign there player, call it a transfer prize. I know the Bosman (SP?) ruling stopped transfer fees in most cases, but maybe the RFL could get round this by allocating a percentage of Sky money as a monetary prize available only for clubs in the CH's, paid out to CH clubs who develop talent which could be paid out at regular intervals based on number of SL appearances once the players have signed in SL. Maybe some more money to the CH club could be paid as a bonus, if the player turns out internationally for his country? This would help to strengthen the CH and share the funding a bit, and help to bridge the gap between the have's and have not's. Just a thought!

But the issue is the greedy self interested beggars in charge of the game have no interest in the game, only the clubs in SL with the money!

Edited by Pride & Heritage, 09 February 2013 - 05:00 PM.

#60 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

How many dual reg reg players did you pikeys play last week shadow?

You know the answer Maccca-6 ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users