Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

RFL statement on Kylie Leuluai

RFL media release

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

The RFL has been informed by the UK Border Agency that under the terms of his visa, Kylie Leuluai of Leeds Rhinos is unable to play for Hunslet Hawks as a dual-registered player.

The RFL has recently lobbied the UKBA for a change to the rules which prevent players on Tier 2 visas playing for a second club on a short-term arrangement. This follows on from changes to the Super League Academy structure, which from 2013 is an exclusively under-19s competition, an arrangement that means open-age overseas Tier 2 visa players returning from injury cannot gain match fitness on short-term loans or dual registrations.

Dialogue with the UKBA continues but the UKBA have confirmed that until any change in circumstance is agreed, under existing provisions no player on a Tier 2 visa can be dual registered.
-ends-

John Ledger
Communications Manager

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

Better hope no overseas players get injuries cos they'll have nowhere to play to get back to fitness, it'll be SL or nothing. Shame that.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#3 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 4,020 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

What a shame for Hunslet. All that planning for the weekend just gone up in smoke.

#4 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,219 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Doh. :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

Better hope no overseas players get injuries cos they'll have nowhere to play to get back to fitness, it'll be SL or nothing. Shame that.

The Bulls are trying to organise a loan deal for Purtell to Dewsbury.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

I was disappointed it wasn't;

RFL statement on Kylie Leuluai

Kylie is a girls' name.

John Ledger
Communications Manager

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

i agree as part of widnes deal with workington, none of our over seas players can go on dual reg apart from magraff leuleuai because he was born in wakefield...
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#8 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,326 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

What a shame for Hunslet. All that planning for the weekend just gone up in smoke.

Just wait on before you crow.

Hetherington may be putting through a full takeover through companies house as we speak.

Kylie may yet get to play for "his club" Sunday.

#9 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Just wait on before you crow.

Hetherington may be putting through a full takeover through companies house as we speak.

Kylie may yet get to play for "his club" Sunday.

Wouldn't matter, the visa states they can only work for a specific sponsoring employer. Hunslet are not his employer, he has no contract with them.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#10 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

With Gary Heatherington controlling Leeds, Hunslet, the RFL and Westminster, you would have thought that he could have got around this :rolleyes:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#11 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Match off, horses head found in the in-goal area. The rest was in lasagne.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#12 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,326 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

Hunslet are not his employer, he has no contract with them.

My little joke about Leeds buying up Hunslet fell a bit flat then :(

#13 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Big hint that the RFL feel the DR system is a dogs breakfast if they have to release a statement that "a player can't turnout this weekend".

#14 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Big hint that the RFL feel the DR system is a dogs breakfast if they have to release a statement that "a player can't turnout this weekend".

Not sure I'd agree with that view, to be honest. It seems to me to suggest that they are entirely comfortable with how DR is being used. Contrary to the view that using Wood, Mccarthy, Leuluai, Moore, Gardner etc... is against the spirit of the DR system and not what it was intended for, the fact the the RFL has been lobbying UKBA to allow quota players to be involved suggests to me that this is exactly what those who designed and implemented it wanted and envisaged.

#15 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

What was wrong with the old A-Team system?
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#16 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Heh. I ain't getting on no plane.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#17 Tonka

Tonka
  • Coach
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

In a statement, an RFL spokesman said: "The UKBA have confirmed that until any change in circumstance is agreed, under existing provisions no player on a Tier 2 visa can be dual registered."

"Can our Kylie play for Hunslet?"

"Yes, that's fine."

Job done.

#18 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Not sure I'd agree with that view, to be honest. It seems to me to suggest that they are entirely comfortable with how DR is being used. Contrary to the view that using Wood, Mccarthy, Leuluai, Moore, Gardner etc... is against the spirit of the DR system and not what it was intended for, the fact the the RFL has been lobbying UKBA to allow quota players to be involved suggests to me that this is exactly what those who designed and implemented it wanted and envisaged.

You're spot on there.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#19 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,433 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Perhaps I'm slow on the uptake, but

- Kylie Leuluai is a Leeds-registered player and his paid a wage by the Leeds Rhinos.
- Why can't he play for Hunslet as an unpaid player?
- If he has a right to be in the country, how can anyone stop him playing amateur sport?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#20 Tonka

Tonka
  • Coach
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Nothing. You can stick anyone you like in it.