League Express Digital-Only Easter Edition Out Now!

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Super League - Championship link ups - Will they be good for us?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Hasn't leigh got some understanding with Wigan? I know its not a link up as such. Also the eagles are linked with a French club so in theory there is only 3. Us ,fax and barrow.Also I'm very proud of our club for not becoming a feeder team I'm sure we will benefit from it more than the link up clubs do in the future.c@s will be our feeder club in 2015

Gaz, Leigh has no official link up with any SL club. Our connections with Wigan are focussing mainly on our Foundation and theirs pooling resources. We currently have one loan player from Wigan, but we are not restricted to using them to loan players from.

Richard Moore had a very good game for Hunslet today, but how often will they get to use him? In my opinion, D/C should only be used to give young SL players a chance to progress. It was as recently as the off season that we were told that, as SL teams were jettisoning their U-23's, there would be a raft of young players out of a job - yeh right, youngsters like Paul Wood, Tyrone Mccarthy, Richard Moore, Kylie Leuluai, Ade Gardner, etc. etc. etc.

We're up at Whitehaven on Thursday (what a place to spend Valentine's evening!) and fully expect to encounter 3 or 4 of Saints first team squad!

#22 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

The Sporting life website results page says that Hunslet got 4,919 for their match against Barrow last Sunday! Was this an error or was it true? If it's true, what was the reason? It could only be something to do with the partnership with the Rhinos, which you wouldn't get with most other partnerships, some over 50 miles apart.

#23 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

The Sporting life website results page says that Hunslet got 4,919 for their match against Barrow last Sunday! Was this an error or was it true? If it's true, what was the reason? It could only be something to do with the partnership with the Rhinos, which you wouldn't get with most other partnerships, some over 50 miles apart.

It's an error Steve they got 4 hundred and something attendance.

#24 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Gaz, Leigh has no official link up with any SL club. Our connections with Wigan are focussing mainly on our Foundation and theirs pooling resources. We currently have one loan player from Wigan, but we are not restricted to using them to loan players from.

Richard Moore had a very good game for Hunslet today, but how often will they get to use him? In my opinion, D/C should only be used to give young SL players a chance to progress. It was as recently as the off season that we were told that, as SL teams were jettisoning their U-23's, there would be a raft of young players out of a job - yeh right, youngsters like Paul Wood, Tyrone Mccarthy, Richard Moore, Kylie Leuluai, Ade Gardner, etc. etc. etc.

We're up at Whitehaven on Thursday (what a place to spend Valentine's evening!) and fully expect to encounter 3 or 4 of Saints first team squad!

Ok Alan I stand corrected. I just thought you had some kind of understanding with Wigan that's all.

#25 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

It's an error Steve they got 4 hundred and something attendance.

Thought as much, otherwise we'd have never heard the end of it. But I would have thought they would have got a few Rhinos fans. Maybe they need to fix a special price for their season ticket holders?

#26 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,464 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

Yes, someone stuck an extra 9 on the end of the 491 attendance.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#27 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

They surely can't survive for long on attendances like that and I fear they will only get worse whilst they are Rhinos A team
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users