Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Widnes Players Available For Halifax Game

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Quote this afternoon from the Widnes main site." ..our partner club Workington are set to benefit from the services of Vikings first team squad members Declan Hulme and Grant Gore this weekend. Both are likely to feature for Town in their Championship game versus Halifax at Derwent Park."
Grant is a 21 year old Scrum Half/Stand Off. Blessed with the combination of a good kicking game and strong defence. Made his Super league debut against Leeds August 2012.

Edited by Supporter, 08 February 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#2 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

ive heard very good things about gore. i wonder if this means lupton will go to 13 with gore and forber at halfs with coyle on the bench.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#3 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Would give us two kickers to match the two used by Halifax. I also think it opens up the chance for Lupton to move to the Loose Forward position.

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Excellent news . Heard good things about him to , and from what my bro told me Coyle looked way off the pace . Forber filling that bench role will give a stronger look . I wouldn't change anything around , it wasn't broke .

Edited by DavidM, 08 February 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#5 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Jason Mossop who was brilliant in defence last week, is injured and John Patrick will probably come into the team. I wonder if Gary will move Declan into his natural position at Centre?

#6 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Grant Gore is a good player and can play hooker too.But with Widnes blessed with halfbacks,he is behind Hanbury,Craven,Mellor,Brown,and possibly Tom Gilmore.I hope he does well for you,and looks like Ben Davies and Kavanagh are not in our squad again.They need some game time soon.

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

Grant Gore is a player I have been wanting to see playing for Town. If him and Declan Hulme play then once again we are using this system correctly as both these lads are 21 and 20 years of age respectively. It looks like we have this system for this season definitely and we have more games to play this year than in other seasons so lets use the players available and not end up with tired players at the end of the season.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

Grant Gore is a player I have been wanting to see playing for Town. If him and Declan Hulme play then once again we are using this system correctly as both these lads are 21 and 20 years of age respectively. It looks like we have this system for this season definitely and we have more games to play this year than in other seasons so lets use the players available and not end up with tired players at the end of the season.

Keith didn't you say it didn't matter that there was no age restrictions anymore.?

#9 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

Keith didn't you say it didn't matter that there was no age restrictions anymore.?

Stirring the Sh** again H4E , after a few decent posts you are back to sniping. You just can't help it can you ??
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#10 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

Not at all.just seems keith's opinions on this DR debacle seem to change to suit what ever workington are doing at the time.Only the other day he was saying removing the age Limit wasn't an issue and he didn't see a problem with wood etc playing for swinton.Now it's playing u21 or u23 is the way it is supposed to be used.So just interested which it is ,no doubt once it's announced Gardner is in our squad then playing older established players will be an issue again.For the record I don't think Gardner should be playing for us,for me this is not what DR is about

#11 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

Well I agree with you H4E, but I don't see Keith as the type of bloke to be so petty just because Haven are doing it. And just because he may not agree with you doesn't make him wrong. Not that he needs me to stick up for him, I'm sure his reply will appear soon.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#12 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

H4e, it was you that has been on just about every forum saying the same thing, i.e. about the age limit is supposed to be why we have this system. So, that you couldn't come back and say Town are doing this or that, I pointed out that we were doing it as the system is supposed to work. Your definition.

Why do you persist in calling Town Widenes Reserves on Haven's forum? Are You not Saints reserves?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users