Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Widnes match day info

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Just found out I'm free on Sunday and was planning on taking in the widnes v saints game, could anybody tell me which end the saints fans will be in and can I pay at the gate?

#2 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Normally away fans are in the West end but I think there's work going on in that end this weekend so it will most likely be the East end......you can't pay at the gate as such, you have to walk round to the south stand ticket office, buy a ticket then walk to the away end and present that ticket at the gate (ball-ache, I know!!!!)

#3 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Normally away fans are in the West end but I think there's work going on in that end this weekend so it will most likely be the East end......you can't pay at the gate as such, you have to walk round to the south stand ticket office, buy a ticket then walk to the away end and present that ticket at the gate (ball-ache, I know!!!!)

Thanks, I forgot to ask about parking i.e nearest carpark to stadium, as I've heard there's limited spaces at the stadium carpark.

#4 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

That's true.....there is a free car park though near the town hall, about 2 mins walk away off Caldwell Rd

#5 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

That's true.....there is a free car park though near the town hall, about 2 mins walk away off Caldwell Rd

Free carpark, sounds good. Thanks again.

#6 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Again, limited spaces though.....but if it's full just do what everyone else does and take your chances parking in the "aves"..... :ph34r:

#7 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

away fans will be using the east stand for the time being, parking is at a premium i usually park on the sports ground in lowerhouse lane,
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#8 Wanderer

Wanderer
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

What they doing to West Stand?

Apparently not many tickets left, hoping to get mine lunch time today

#9 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

• They are hoping for a 10,000 ish crowd - if so,a good effort.

#10 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

Is it worth me travelling down from Cumbria without a ticket, with it being a near sellout?

#11 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

It is yes, they've opened the West and there are plenty left in the East.

There's actually only been 7,700 odd sold if you work out the math. Hopefully there are still a lot of Widnes fans who are used to paying on the day. Also a shame Saints aren't likely to bring their usual 2,500-3,000 otherwise we'd have potentially been pushing the 10k barrier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users