Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

FLOODLIGHT APPEAL GRAND RAFFLE

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 John Spoor

John Spoor
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

This Sunday's match sees the official launch of the Floodlight Appeal Grand Raffle with the first prize being 2 weeks free accommodation in a Florida Gulf Coast Villa with private pool, kindly donated by lifelong supporters Howard & Pauline, plus 2 flights.
This is the biggest single fundraising event of all those planned, and if successful, will raise approximately £37K, just over a third of our £100K target.
Tickets are £1 each and each book contains 20 tickets. We are hoping that if every supporter buys one book for themselves and sells another, then we will comfortably reach our target.
The draw is not made until the last match of the season on 1st September, so people could buy just one ticket per week for the next 20 weeks.
Both myself and the directors hope that Howard & Pauline's generous donation is rewarded by everybody doing their bit for this event.
Season ticket holders have already been delivered one book and the early signs are very encouraging with several bringing in 20 sold tickets and leaving with more books to sell.
Chairman David Sharpe will address the crowd this Sunday and books of tickets will be available from the ground souvenir shop by the main turnstile. I will be manning the shop from 2.00pm onwards and I will be available to distribute tickets before, during, half time and after the game until 5.00pm, so please make sure that I am very busy!
Further selling events are planned throughout the year with Dalton Road, supermarkets etc being targeted. I will also be attending a meeting of the Barrow & District Amateur RL in March to sound out their interest.
At the moment the other prizes are as follows:-
2nd Prize - 2014 Barrow Raiders Season Ticket, plus one matchday hospitality box; 3rd Prize - Bottle of House of Commons Whisky(kindly donated by John Woodcock MP); 4th Prize - Signed Michael Jackson album with authentication letter(kindly donated by Paul Ballantyne); 5th Prize - Revise and Updated copy of "Willie" by Mike Gardner(donated by John Spoor).
Any other donated prizes would be most welcome and can be handed at the ground shop or the Rugby Shop in 78 Scott Street.
If anybody has further ideas for distribution, then please e-mail barrowrugbyshop@btconnect.com or ring me on 824454 9.00am to 3.30pm Mon - Fri as I do not always check this forum on a daily basis.
Many thanks for all your support and
see you Sunday!

John Spoor
Barrow Rugby Shop

Posted Image

#2 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Good luck with it John I will take a couple of books from you on Sunday.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#3 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

I've taken 100 books off John and volunteered to be the main agent within Bae Systems, I've distributed nearly half of the books to various people within the yard to sell on my behalf but I'am looking for more people to sells these books, if you work in an office or workshop and think you can help please pm me or email me at work.

Edited by richie keay, 08 February 2013 - 08:23 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Well done Richard we could do with a few more like you

#5 John Spoor

John Spoor
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

I am unashamedly bringing this topic back to the top of the board simply to remind all supporters that I will in the Ground Souvenir Shop today from 2.00pm to 5.00pm to distribute Floodlight Appeal raffle tickets to supporters.
Together we can achieve our target and make Howard and Pauline's generous gesture well worth it.

I am sincerely obliged to local author and athletics coach Ray Hewson who yesterday donated a copy of his book "On The Wing - from Stawell to Powderhall" - the story of professional athletics in Britain, as a further prize.

Many thanks in advance to you all and see you this afternoon!

John Spoor
Barrow Rugby Shop

Posted Image

#6 John Spoor

John Spoor
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

I am bringing this topic back to the top of the message board to firstly, remind everybody about the raffle tickets and secondly, to inform supporters of the arrangements for this Thursday's match. For those supporters wishing to take tickets or return sold books, the Ground Souvenir Shop by the main turnstiles will be manned from approx 7.00pm. I will be situated in the Raiders Bar from 7.00pm until kick off, half time and until approx 9.30pm after the game.
Please make sure that I am run off my feet!
See you there.

John Spoor
Barrow Rugby Shop

Posted Image

#7 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Are these raffle ticket books available in the shop in town ?

#8 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Yes the are Mick

#9 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

Cheers Bob.