Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

todays times and star

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Well i thought we may have been able to get a few more column inches in our weekly rag .
Obviously not ,a massive game for Town ,and look at what we got,very poor compared to the jameaters journal who were waxing lyrically about the good ship shaven 2010
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#2 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Yes it was once again a very poor effort by our own local paper. The NW Evening Mail had a 16 page pull-out covering Barrow Raiders.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#3 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

I thought it was very poor,pathetic in fact.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#4 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

Do we honestly expect anything else ?......Nice to see nothing has changed in the jam fanzine also,What have we got to do to get a back paqe headline ? We completed half a million pounds worth of ground improvements but still played second fiddle to the amazing scoop that an haven player (3rd choice at that) has got himself a job with the police :o :o :o Mind you at least it was more interesting than one of their players getting a haircut :rolleyes:
Martin Morgan should be in the Haven hall of fame. He's done more for that club than any player will ever do. :angry:

UP THE TOWN (and B*****s to Morgan and the rest of his CN jam loving cronies)

#5 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#6 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

i at least thought we may have managed a 2 page spread.alas i should know better. :rolleyes:

Edited by bomber is god, 08 February 2013 - 10:32 PM.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!