Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Grimshaw out as Moore is set to make Hawks debut

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 HunsletHawks

HunsletHawks
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Danny Grimshaw will miss Sundays trip to Leigh after injuring his Knee in our opening day victory against Barrow Raiders. The standoff who limped off but returned in the second half to score a superb individual try is set to return the following week against Dewsbury Rams. Luke Helliwell who suffered concussion in the same game is in contention but will undergo further tests over the weekend to ensure he has fully recovered. Leeds Rhinos Prop Richard Moore who joined the club this week on dual registration is set to make his debut, but visa issues mean Kylie Leuluai will not feature for the Hawks this week.

Barry Eaton said "Its disappointing not to have Danny fit for the game, as he showed some real glimpses of class last week, he’s about 80% in terms of his fitness, but we felt at such an early stage in the season we could not take a risk on him this weekend. We look forward to having him back fully fit next week. We will monitor Luke tomorrow and Sunday morning, but we are hopeful he will be ok. On a more positive note i am pleased to welcome Richard Moore to the squad, he will be a good acquisition to the squad and I’m sure he will make an immediate impact Sunday.”

#2 HawkhillHawk

HawkhillHawk
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Amazing that news about one of our own players being ruled out generates less interest than news that another clubs player that's never played for us isn't going to play for us!

#3 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Amazing that news about one of our own players being ruled out generates less interest than news that another clubs player that's never played for us isn't going to play for us!

You should know by now that everything preserved as negative on here will always get loads of comments, and always comments from other clubs fans or people who don't support the club but like to have moan, team news about Sunday, nothing!!

I for one am glad Grimmer has not been risked, the lads a class act and id prefer to rest him for one game so he's 100% for the Dewsbury game, Col may be able to tell us more? but knowing Grimmer he will have been pushing to play Sunday! I'm looking forward to see how Nathaniel responds to coming back in, i wonder who will play 6? Maybe Helliwell with Hughes or Ansell ?

Either way hope we can get a bonus point!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#4 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Makes sense, Dewsbury at home is far more important for us than this Sunday, no use risking him, having Grimmer out all season again is the last thing we want

#5 HawkhillHawk

HawkhillHawk
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Absolutely agree that it's not worth risking Grimmer. Just airing my frustration that something relevant to a key player is overlooked.

#6 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Yeah it's a shame but I can't see this dual reg hoo-hah dying down anytime soon!

#7 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Yeah it's a shame but I can't see this dual reg hoo-hah dying down anytime soon!

It probably won't but its not a Hunslet issue it's a rugbyleague issue, we are just a small part of a big problem

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#8 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

It probably won't but its not a Hunslet issue it's a rugbyleague issue, we are just a small part of a big problem

Yeah I don't particularly agree with the system but it's there to be used, we have to look out for number one and if it helps us stay up then so be it

#9 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

Yeah I don't particularly agree with the system but it's there to be used, we have to look out for number one and if it helps us stay up then so be it

Exaclty, i would rather have Lueluai & Moore with us than against us, and they are the simple facts

#10 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

You should know by now that everything preserved as negative on here will always get loads of comments, and always comments from other clubs fans or people who don't support the club but like to have moan, team news about Sunday, nothing!!

I for one am glad Grimmer has not been risked, the lads a class act and id prefer to rest him for one game so he's 100% for the Dewsbury game, Col may be able to tell us more? but knowing Grimmer he will have been pushing to play Sunday! I'm looking forward to see how Nathaniel responds to coming back in, i wonder who will play 6? Maybe Helliwell with Hughes or Ansell ?

Either way hope we can get a bonus point!

Barry Eatons quote was spot on guys should be 100% for rams game.
chappy

#11 HunsletJosh6

HunsletJosh6
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

It's frightening how weak we look in the halves without Grimmer. It'd have to be Marchy in at 6 for me
Posted Image

#12 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Danny Grimshaw will miss Sundays trip to Leigh after injuring his Knee in our opening day victory against Barrow Raiders. The standoff who limped off but returned in the second half to score a superb individual try is set to return the following week against Dewsbury Rams. Luke Helliwell who suffered concussion in the same game is in contention but will undergo further tests over the weekend to ensure he has fully recovered. Leeds Rhinos Prop Richard Moore who joined the club this week on dual registration is set to make his debut, but visa issues mean Kylie Leuluai will not feature for the Hawks this week.

Barry Eaton said "Its disappointing not to have Danny fit for the game, as he showed some real glimpses of class last week, he’s about 80% in terms of his fitness, but we felt at such an early stage in the season we could not take a risk on him this weekend. We look forward to having him back fully fit next week. We will monitor Luke tomorrow and Sunday morning, but we are hopeful he will be ok. On a more positive note i am pleased to welcome Richard Moore to the squad, he will be a good acquisition to the squad and I’m sure he will make an immediate impact Sunday.”

now richard moore is to me what dual reg is for. a player not currently in contention at his parent club so sent out to get a chance to prove a point. i have no problem with this as it's likely he will be with us for a while.

#13 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 750 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Is it the same old injury or is it totally seperate?
It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#14 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Is it the same old injury or is it totally seperate?

No Gabby it was different caused when he made a tackle but it will be fine just needed rest to heal properly he should be raring to go next week touch wood lol
chappy

#15 Philius T Wilderbeest

Philius T Wilderbeest
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

Your club has spent the last 12 or so years battling fantastically against the odds and managed to survive - however many brushes with the grim reaper you've had. Now, you're being basically forced by your bitterest rivals to include members of their playing squad in your side - just to keep them fit. You're in danger of losing all the dignity and pride that you've built over the years as one of RL's greatest names. Leeds are Hunslet's greatest rivals for Gawds sake, and even in recent years anti-Rhinos sentiment has been clearly visible on this forum. Now you're all standing by with accepting half-smiles and spouting false positives whilst they use you as a reserve team. If you don't stop this, you'll end up playing at Headingley within a few years - as was the case with Bramley. We all know what happened there.

#16 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Your club has spent the last 12 or so years battling fantastically against the odds and managed to survive - however many brushes with the grim reaper you've had. Now, you're being basically forced by your bitterest rivals to include members of their playing squad in your side - just to keep them fit. You're in danger of losing all the dignity and pride that you've built over the years as one of RL's greatest names. Leeds are Hunslet's greatest rivals for Gawds sake, and even in recent years anti-Rhinos sentiment has been clearly visible on this forum. Now you're all standing by with accepting half-smiles and spouting false positives whilst they use you as a reserve team. If you don't stop this, you'll end up playing at Headingley within a few years - as was the case with Bramley. We all know what happened there.

Thanks for your concern

#17 Philius T Wilderbeest

Philius T Wilderbeest
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Thanks for your concern

So, as someone who has spent a good deal of time on this forum spouting bile against the 'Whinos', you're not concerned - or even appalled, by this development? Are you really going to cheer for the players who belong to a club that you've mocked and abused for years? I'm afraid there isn't any positive spin whatsoever that a Hunslet fan could put on this scenario. Brian McDermott's interview yesterday on Radio Leeds, where he more or less threw the dummy out of the pram in saying "Where is Kylie Leuluai going to get match fit if he can't play in the Championship?", only served to highlight the fact that SL clubs see our division as a reserve league to be used for keeping first team squad members on their toes. Is that what you really want your club to be involved with? There is no positive side to what's happening at the moment.

#18 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

So, as someone who has spent a good deal of time on this forum spouting bile against the 'Whinos', you're not concerned - or even appalled, by this development? Are you really going to cheer for the players who belong to a club that you've mocked and abused for years? I'm afraid there isn't any positive spin whatsoever that a Hunslet fan could put on this scenario. Brian McDermott's interview yesterday on Radio Leeds, where he more or less threw the dummy out of the pram in saying "Where is Kylie Leuluai going to get match fit if he can't play in the Championship?", only served to highlight the fact that SL clubs see our division as a reserve league to be used for keeping first team squad members on their toes. Is that what you really want your club to be involved with? There is no positive side to what's happening at the moment.

Thanks for your further concern

#19 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

other than the odd exception players show little to no loyalty to clubs, so in this day n age players don't make a club. so even the biggest rhinos hater should have no issue cheering on moore this weekend; if another super league club offered moore 5k more a year, he'd jump ship without thinking about it, heck in moore case, where he's not getting in the team that much, he'd probably jump ship for 5k less.

There plenty of positives to the partnership deals, some people are just to short sighted to see them....you've got to remember that this isn't a long term strategy, it's a plan to help the sport in the short term; clubs going bust doesn't help anyone & neither does having massively one sided games/leagues.
Do you think that any of the super league clubs are really that happy at having their players play else where? don't you think they'd prefer to have a reserve side that was strong enough to mean keeping all their players in house.
As for the championship clubs,
do hunslet/york/dewsbury/etc every have a chance of getting someone like leuluai? no.
do hunslet/york/dewsbury/etc have a chance of winning the league when fev/leigh/fax/etc have squads that cost 2/3/4 times as much and made up of plenty of full time players? no.
will having access to keinhorst/hood/moore/leuluai/etc mean hunslet have a better chance of competing? yes.
will this lead to a more even league and increase interest both in clubs & the league/sport in general? that's yet to be decided, but doing nothing certainly wouldn't have.
will this increase the money that goes into the sport? again yet to be decided, but again doing nothing wouldn't.

i think most people would love to have 5/10/20 thousand turning up every week to watch hunslet, but this going to happen without major changes in the interest of the sport. so while the rfl may have done some stupid things in the past do nothing now would just kill the sport off. without sky or someone else suddenly deciding to massively increase the money they put in, the sport needs to make savings. personally i'd of started by getting rid of the current RFL staff years ago and replaced them with better administrators so we wouldn't have been in the position we're in now (which i still think needs to happen)! and then got rid of club owners & chairman that can't count, thankfully plenty of these are now out of the sport but saddly have left a big mess behind them.

Edited by noname6, 09 February 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#20 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

No that's not what we want to be involved in. We want to be riding high in Super League bank rolled by a local lad who won the Euro millions. However, until that happens we will do what is required to keep our great club alive.

I find it funny how many fans are up in arms about a couple of Leeds players turning out for us. I can't remember this amount of outrage when we were denied entry to SL in 99. Where was the Rugby League family then?

As for positives - well the 2 d/r who played against Barrow were a joy to watch and brought the best out of the other lads. It was great to see entertaining rugby being played at SLS and even better to see us win. A few more performances like that and we should see a few hundred more on the gate. It is that scenario which will ensure the name of Hunslet stays in rugby league.

Another positive is that I still like to see them get beat, but for the moment I "dislike" them rather than hate.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users