Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Grimshaw out as Moore is set to make Hawks debut

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

No that's not what we want to be involved in. We want to be riding high in Super League bank rolled by a local lad who won the Euro millions. However, until that happens we will do what is required to keep our great club alive.

I find it funny how many fans are up in arms about a couple of Leeds players turning out for us. I can't remember this amount of outrage when we were denied entry to SL in 99. Where was the Rugby League family then?

As for positives - well the 2 d/r who played against Barrow were a joy to watch and brought the best out of the other lads. It was great to see entertaining rugby being played at SLS and even better to see us win. A few more performances like that and we should see a few hundred more on the gate. It is that scenario which will ensure the name of Hunslet stays in rugby league.

Another positive is that I still like to see them get beat, but for the moment I "dislike" them rather than hate.

#22 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Castleford hawk. Spot on it's hillarius how clubs think what we are doing is worse than what most clubs have done in the past. I don't want players coming for a week at a time it should be set at a minimum time scale ie a month but as has been said before we would be foolish not to accept this opportunity.

#23 HawkhillHawk

HawkhillHawk
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

Maybe Blackpool Hawk or Hawkeye could answer this. As part of the partnership as well as the small matter of DR players do we get any help with rehabilitation of our own players eg Grimmer?

I've said it before, I'm not against teaming up with Leeds. I'd rather we got the benefit than one of our closer rivals. I did think maybe naively that we were getting 4 players and that all 4 would be DR all season. Not as comfortable with the players returning from injury scenario.

Only time will tell if its a success but after last week I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season.

#24 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Maybe Blackpool Hawk or Hawkeye could answer this. As part of the partnership as well as the small matter of DR players do we get any help with rehabilitation of our own players eg Grimmer?

I've said it before, I'm not against teaming up with Leeds. I'd rather we got the benefit than one of our closer rivals. I did think maybe naively that we were getting 4 players and that all 4 would be DR all season. Not as comfortable with the players returning from injury scenario.

Only time will tell if its a success but after last week I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season.

We are getting a lot of other benefits from Leeds other than just the dual reg players from both and on and off field perspective, we have had thier conditioner throughout pre season and is still working with the players now, we have usage of their 3G training pitch which has been great with all the snow, we have use of their facilities up at Kirkstill, from a rehab point of view we have got Nigel who is a top Physio and is seeing the lads during his private practice as well as on training nights, so the club is really been run professionally on the pitch by Barry and his staff, and that had been reflected in the positive comments from the lads who have come here and the fact Leeds want to send more players.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#25 fozzy3

fozzy3
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

No disrespect but there bound to say positive things and want to send more players because at the end of the day they no longer have a reserve team to give the players a chance to get back to match fitness so if championship teams don't give them a runout super league clubs would be knackered.

#26 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

I think it's time we all started enjoying the rugby now, there's nowt we can change by moaning on here. Here's to a decent season of sport on the pitch!

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#27 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

I think it's time we all started enjoying the rugby now, there's nowt we can change by moaning on here. Here's to a decent season of sport on the pitch!

that is the point simon, it is no longer sport
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#28 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

that is the point simon, it is no longer sport

Well don't watch it if its so bad!!!! There's always darts
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#29 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

i am not going to abandon something i love, but will nurse it till it gets better, unless of course it's terminal
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users