Photo
- - - - -

Dual reg/ Twinning

Who is for or against?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Poll: Dual reg/Twinning (131 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is for and who is against?

1. For (19 votes [14.50%])

Percentage of vote: 14.50%

2. Voted Against (112 votes [85.50%])

Percentage of vote: 85.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 getting2old

getting2old
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

I am in general sick of SL taking no notice what’s going off in Rugby league back garden. Not listing to the fans I can only see another Huddersfield revolt only difference being we can’t use the George hotel gone bust along we super league. I Seen a banner somewhere Fevreverulation when let’s make a championship revolution and say no more nonsense from super league lets stand up and be counted every rugby league fan should do this no matter which club they support we need to save the game now! Before it go’s down the plug hole.

#22 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Its obviously a joke. It ruins the intergrity of the Championship for starters, its not who has the best team anymore its 'who has the best partnership club first teamers who needs fitness.'

Then it creates an obvious disadvantage for independent clubs with this 'value' system. A player on 100k+ is on a 'value' of 1.5k a game under the Championship salary cap. So if a partnership club has a 100k+ SL player every game like an independant club would then this will cost 39k a season. How on earth is that fair? So essentially clubs with a core base of around 1100 like ourselves are unable to compete with a core base of around 350 (if that) as we can't get the likes of Leuleuai, Keinhorst, Moore and Hood under the salary cap. That is just blatantly unfair, there isn't any other way too describe it. The RFL are basically punishing clubs for not accepting defeat to the money grabbers in SL. The reserve teams should have to pay exactly what the player is getting paid to play RL. If a player is on 130k a year then this should have a value of 5k, so its totally legitimate for every club and not create a clear unfair advantage.

Apparantly this move saves each SL club 100k. Which saves SL 1.4m a year, in the RFL eyes it is totally worth it at the expense of the Championship.

#23 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

if Fev ever do get in superleague, i hope we don't adopt the myopic view of some superleague supporters on here.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#24 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Its obviously a joke. It ruins the intergrity of the Championship for starters, its not who has the best team anymore its 'who has the best partnership club first teamers who needs fitness.'

Then it creates an obvious disadvantage for independent clubs with this 'value' system. A player on 100k+ is on a 'value' of 1.5k a game under the Championship salary cap. So if a partnership club has a 100k+ SL player every game like an independant club would then this will cost 39k a season. How on earth is that fair? So essentially clubs with a core base of around 1100 like ourselves are unable to compete with a core base of around 350 (if that) as we can't get the likes of Leuleuai, Keinhorst, Moore and Hood under the salary cap. That is just blatantly unfair, there isn't any other way too describe it. The RFL are basically punishing clubs for not accepting defeat to the money grabbers in SL. The reserve teams should have to pay exactly what the player is getting paid to play RL. If a player is on 130k a year then this should have a value of 5k, so its totally legitimate for every club and not create a clear unfair advantage.

Apparantly this move saves each SL club 100k. Which saves SL 1.4m a year, in the RFL eyes it is totally worth it at the expense of the Championship.

good post!

#25 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,724 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

if Fev ever do get in superleague, i hope we don't adopt the myopic view of some superleague supporters on here.

who are thes superleague supporters you refer to. ive never met one.

#26 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

There are clear benefits for both divisions. Whilst it is positioned by many as a cost-cutting exercise for SL clubs, they ignore the fact that the Championship club will be getting financial benefits by hiring a smaller squad themselves.

How do they hire fewer players when they don't know when they will have the rehabs.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#27 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

How do they hire fewer players when they don't know when they will have the rehabs.

Or the position they will play.

"We need a centre and a hooker this week please".

"We'll we've two props that need some game time that you can have"

This is why I think that if things continue along the routte of Championship sides offering rehab to SL players, they will begin to come unstuck as the season progresses.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#28 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,724 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

maybe not fewer players then but fewer top end players.

TBF they could hire 25 players and get 10 injured and have the same problem - theyd work through it.

#29 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,724 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

Or the position they will play.

"We need a centre and a hooker this week please".

"We'll we've two props that need some game time that you can have"

This is why I think that if things continue along the routte of Championship sides offering rehab to SL players, they will begin to come unstuck as the season progresses.

not much of an issue. If you simply used your own squad of 25 you could have your two hookers out unjured.
Players would simply play out of position - not that unusual nowadays.

#30 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

Exactly as injuries and unavailability kick-in in both tiers as the season goes on I can see some almighty conflicts of interest.
The true understanding of the arrangements will start to come to the fore, and clubs will then begin to exploit further loopholes, as you can bet there will be some other 'arrangements' that will surface that we've not thought of yet.
The RFL at present seem to be spending thier time co-ercing with UKBA tp allow players like Leuluai to take 'advantage' rather than sorting out a proper, limited DR system.

#31 TheObserver

TheObserver
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Curious that posters think loan arrangements will kill off the ambitions of clubs and players. What do people think of the Australian second tier here?

NSW Cup
* 7 of 13 clubs (e.g. Newtown Jets, North Sydney Bears) act as feeder clubs for an NRL club of a different name.
* 5 were promoted from lower Grade RL - Wentworthville, Windsor, Mounties, Wyong Roos, Auckland Vulcans.
* Grand Final is played at the Olympic Stadium as a curtain raiser to NRL Grand Final, broadcast on FTA TV.

QLD Cup
* Broadcast on FTA TV on Sunday at 2pm.
* All 12 clubs act as feeder clubs to the 3 Queensland NRL clubs.

In Australia, the second tier gives emerging talent and experienced players a quality competition to develop into NRL players. Clubs like North Sydney Bears, Ipswich Jets and Central QLD have applied for NRL franchises while being based in the NSW/QLD Cup.

Allowing SL players to play in open-age, lower-tier competitions will increase the standards of play. However, where logistically practical, it might satisfy the aspirations of fans of Championship clubs if SL clubs formed loan arrangements more with Championship 1 clubs, rather than Championship clubs.

#32 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

horse - cart - bolted ...oh and we will of course review
http://www.therfl.co...ation-timelines

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#33 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Just to make it clear, if only to stop o/h in my ear, I DO NOT BLAME THE RFL - the clubs agreed to this

#34 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

Just to make it clear, if only to stop o/h in my ear, I DO NOT BLAME THE RFL - the clubs agreed to this

Not all of them.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#35 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

Not all of them.

true

#36 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,497 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Dual reg/Twinning, What ever you want to call it!

who is for?

And who is against?

For or against what?

A system to the complete advantage of both clubs?

Or a creep towards turning the Championship into an "A" team league??

Until we know the results are irrelevent and a sample of ambiguous responses to an ambiguous question coloured by a feeling of vote no or your club will never again be in the top tier, or why bother voting if your club already is in SL.

#37 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,880 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

or why bother voting if your club already is in SL.

My club is in SL but I don't believe the way the DR system is being administered is either good for the game as a whole or even consistent. It's a make it up as we go along policy which may or may not be to the complete advantage of both clubs concerned.

rldfsignature.jpg

#38 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

For or against what?

A system to the complete advantage of both clubs?

Or a creep towards turning the Championship into an "A" team league??

Until we know the results are irrelevent and a sample of ambiguous responses to an ambiguous question coloured by a feeling of vote no or your club will never again be in the top tier, or why bother voting if your club already is in SL.

Ah, I see. Ignoring this poll, but your 'sample' of 20 posters on another thread was deemed to be gospel.
Granted, this poll isn't scientific, and could have more questions added, but its a guide to the feeling on this board, which is 90% against (as I type this), so its a strong message.
However, my own poll is 100% sure that you won't accept these results as such.

#39 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

horse - cart - bolted ...oh and we will of course review
http://www.therfl.co...ation-timelines

“The new systems have been implemented following full consultation with the Super League and Championships clubs and I am sure that, after a ‘bedding in’ period, will start to deliver results"

Were all clubs consulted and were all rules and regulations explained in full?
The comments of coaches I've heard recently wouldn't support that

#40 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,724 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

“The new systems have been implemented following full consultation with the Super League and Championships clubs and I am sure that, after a ‘bedding in’ period, will start to deliver results"

Were all clubs consulted and were all rules and regulations explained in full?
The comments of coaches I've heard recently wouldn't support that

how many have been critical? The only two I have seen were from clubs who arent DR'd and presumably dont support, or like, it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users