Posted Image

#22 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,263 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

Classy.

aye, but on this one I think gaz hits tge target dead centre!!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#23 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

I meant no disrespect to Fev. As a 2nd tier club, they are one of the best. But they are still 2nd tier, like the Qld cup (which is referred to as 'Park Footy' in Aus - sorry if the term caused offence).

But the UK's best talent should be playing in the top-tier comp. how was he not picked up by a club like Salford? IMO, he should be still playing SL

You obviously have the miss-conception that the 14 teams in super league are in fact super, they are not. Most dont own there own grounds, there nearly all almost going bust, cant even afford to run a reserve team, and Rovers are probably paying more money

#24 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

aye, but on this one I think gaz hits tge target dead centre!!!

The OP asked a perfectly valid question, which was also answered in a reasonable manner as to why he was at Fev.

The OP also clarified he meant no offence by how he worded his question.

So I'm not so sure Gaz did hit any target. There's no need for personal insults, there's far too much of it on here these days too.
Posted Image

#25 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,263 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Well yes gav, I tend to agree. But I did find the OP deeply patronising and disrespectful regardless of his last sentence.

#26 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Well yes gav, I tend to agree. But I did find the OP deeply patronising and disrespectful regardless of his last sentence.

Aye maybe, still no need for the insults though.

Ellis is a SuperLeague quality player, Fev are not a SuperLeague club, but they probably soon will be and Ellis probably wants to be a part of that.

I think that just about sums it up. :)
Posted Image

#27 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,223 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Gav, sod off for christs sake, there was every need for the insult, the OP insulted every single fan of every single Championship club knowingly or not

Edited by Gary Coyle, 11 February 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#28 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Gav, sod off for christs sake, there was every need for the insult, the OP insulted every single fan of every single Championship club knowingly or not

Lovely stuff.
Posted Image

#29 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,223 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Lovely stuff.

Agreed.

#30 Tre Cool

Tre Cool
  • Coach
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Park footy means semi-pro or amateur RL. Dont be so sensitive. Its a semi pro league which is nothing to be ashamed of. Its a shame so few of the older semi pro clubs in the north are positive and happy about their status.

Edited by Tre Cool, 11 February 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#31 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

love it!!!! a championship club paying higher wages than super league clubs and all with a cap of £300,000......................the dessie johnson model of club management springs to mind.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#32 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

love it!!!! a championship club paying higher wages than super league clubs and all with a cap of £300,000......................the dessie johnson model of club management springs to mind.

Nothing remotely like. Our club is run better than some SL clubs.We have payed the full salary cap this season for the first time since the champ leagues began. It wasn't just about the money he likes our ambitions and where our club is heading and he wanted to be part of it instead of a bottom of the table SL club. I personally would of done the same. As we're on the up and some SL clubs are on there way down it makes sense.

#33 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

Park footy means semi-pro or amateur RL. Dont be so sensitive. Its a semi pro league which is nothing to be ashamed of. Its a shame so few of the older semi pro clubs in the north are positive and happy about their status.

Agree entirely, also with thundergaz' post also.

#34 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

When some super league clubs are offering only 10k i dont think you would get near the cap by beating them, there on there ass son

#35 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,223 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

Thats not always the case though is it, Ellis prefers to be at Fev, isn't it also the case that there are quite a few excellent amateurs who simply dont want to play pro/semi pro, there are quite a few players in the NCL and pennine leagues who simply play for the pleasure, money isnt always everything.

#36 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,263 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

Thats not always the case though is it, Ellis prefers to be at Fev, isn't it also the case that there are quite a few excellent amateurs who simply dont want to play pro/semi pro, there are quite a few players in the NCL and pennine leagues who simply play for the pleasure, money isnt always everything.

on target once again gaz!

#37 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,263 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

daft post.

#38 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,571 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

Park footy means semi-pro or amateur RL.

No it doesn't. Park footy means footy played on a park. HTH.

#39 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

daft post.

for daft people..............
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#40 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,263 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

for daft people..............

eee lad... your at it again..... you do make me laugh at times :D :D :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users