Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Andy Ellis

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

thawot? canst thee not spake proper english eld by
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#42 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

love it!!!! a championship club paying higher wages than super league clubs and all with a cap of £300,000......................the dessie johnson model of club management springs to mind.

Wondered how long it would be before you posted about your favourite subject; us.

Cummins Out.

#43 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

sorry old chap featherstone rovers come between watching grass grow and having toothache in my order of priorities............
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#44 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#45 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

sorry old chap featherstone rovers come between watching grass grow and having toothache in my order of priorities............

Aye alright then. Obsessed with us.

Cummins Out.

#46 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

Buy a lawn-mower.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#47 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Gav, sod off for christs sake, there was every need for the insult, the OP insulted every single fan of every single Championship club knowingly or not

I support a Championship club and I didn't feel insulted.

I might have been more irate if I was from Featherstone though.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#48 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Aye maybe, still no need for the insults though.

Ellis is a SuperLeague quality player, Fev are not a SuperLeague club, but they probably soon will be and Ellis probably wants to be a part of that.

I think that just about sums it up. :)

F****ke*****r!!!!

Just felt the urge to comply with the general tone of this thread. Sorry Gav.

#49 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

I am a fan of a championship club but I understand why the OP called Fev (and others) a Park footy team as the level is roughly the same as what you would call the Queensland Cup, NSW league etc which is the next level below NRL. I dont think the OP aimed to make a bad mark against fev. maybe people need to understand the way other comps are viewed in their native land and have a bit of understanding why somebody from Australia/Europe may use a certain phrase when describing a comp.

#50 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

I am a fan of a championship club but I understand why the OP called Fev (and others) a Park footy team as the level is roughly the same as what you would call the Queensland Cup, NSW league etc which is the next level below NRL. I dont think the OP aimed to make a bad mark against fev. maybe people need to understand the way other comps are viewed in their native land and have a bit of understanding why somebody from Australia/Europe may use a certain phrase when describing a comp.

I'm a Fev fan, and I wasn't insulted in the slightest. People in different places have different slang, and sometimes this causes confusion. No need to get so upset about it.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#51 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

I'm a Fev fan, and I wasn't insulted in the slightest. People in different places have different slang, and sometimes this causes confusion. No need to get so upset about it.

Exactly.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users