Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow v Doncaster Teams

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#81 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

This is a forum and everyone has a right for there own opinion ;)

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#82 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

I think that it's a reasonable assumption that should the gates drop it is going to affect our cash flow. When I asked if the gates were predicted for less than 900 (remembering we have 350 season ticket holders) I was lambasted, however I am now very concerned that I maybe right. If I am where is the shortfall going to come from?
I really hope I'm wrong but history states differently.

Before you have a go BM you can not have an opinion unless it is expressed.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#83 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

my opinion is once we start getting better weather the crowds will pick up, i did not go on sunday as i always take my kids, and as 2 are under ten i deemed it too cold for them to stand for 2 hours in the wind and rain...

#84 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

This is a forum and everyone has a right for there own opinion ;)

With quotes like yours it's no wonder fans are staying away.

You are pure poison.

Edited by Blue moon, 12 February 2013 - 09:31 AM.

#85 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

Your a fine one to speak Mr Moon :lol: the number of times you have been kicked off this forum and come back with a diffrent name :lol:

I wasn't gunna use this one but why not eh.

A bit like your company Neil sometimes you needs name change to get round the rules. :lol: :lol:

Over and Out. I will not post anymore. I can't be bothered with all the tripe. dwb can you ban my name please.

Edited by Blue moon, 12 February 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#86 The Vet

The Vet
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

Doubt it, for some reason Holt wants to train on it even tho he's been offered else where.

Which alternative training facility would this be then?

Posted Image

This My Friend Is A Broom-Handled Mouser

#87 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Phil maybe its Holker Street :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and Blue Moon has done a runner from here so you wont get an answer :wacko:

All the best mate

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#88 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

I think that it's a reasonable assumption that should the gates drop it is going to affect our cash flow. When I asked if the gates were predicted for less than 900 (remembering we have 350 season ticket holders) I was lambasted, however I am now very concerned that I maybe right. If I am where is the shortfall going to come from?
I really hope I'm wrong but history states differently.

Before you have a go BM you can not have an opinion unless it is expressed.

I honestly think the weather had a major effect Mike on Sunday. My 79 year old dad stayed at home (though he is a season ticket holder so in effect had paid) as did my daughter and 18 month old grandson. I think the weather put a lot off (I certainly hope so) and we will hit the 1,000 plus average over the year.
I do take on board what you say though - it is a worry but I have faith in the Barrow public :).

Posted Image

#89 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

I agree,Keith. I know quite a few who didn't go for different reasons but mainly the weather. My wife and myself were sat without any of our usual cronies with us. I feel sure the gates will increase but nevertheless to attract the 'fair day' supporter we must be able to produce good results.

Posted Image

#90 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Do we know the cost of tying up with a SL club per player or per game? I was told Doncaster had 3 SL players against Barrow on sunday.

#91 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

I do keith and i hope your right. I will still be there...lol

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#92 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

Neil. Donny had Clare on loan from Cas and duel reg from Wakefield Cowling,Goulding and Kay.

Posted Image

#93 beachy01

beachy01
  • Players
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Haha I can't believe all this. 2 lost games!! Yeah that's it 2 and its started already, gossiping and asking for the coaches head. What a joke! 2 games in!!!

#94 beachy01

beachy01
  • Players
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Double post sorry

Edited by beachy01, 12 February 2013 - 05:51 PM.

#95 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

theres only a couple of idiots calling for Holty's head mate !

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#96 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Agreed Beachy

Posted Image

#97 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Neil. Donny had Clare on loan from Cas and duel reg from Wakefield Cowling,Goulding and Kay.

So they can float beetween clubs on loan and just duel reg from the clubs there tied up with ?

#98 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

theres only a couple of idiots calling for Holty's head mate !

Darren proved his worth last year end of story

#99 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 392 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Yes in a league that was ###### and Walney could have got out of. Stuffed by Hunslet (who got tonked 40-0 at weekend) beat by Doncaster, Barla outplayed them. If this was when Des was involved Holt would be the first one on here having a gripe.

#100 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 862 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Really wanted to stay off this thread but here goes..........
I think there was only one call for Holty's head. Thats his opinion. Not everyones though!!!!!!
What Beachy said is correct. 2 games in. C'mon some people.
My interpretation of the game is...... 1st half. Played gallantly in the conditions. 4-0 up. To me, the defence was great. Second half. A few decisions went against us but still think they weren't better than us.
The weather has been against the club from new year. I know a few people who didn't come this week because it was too cold.
To me the crowds stats are well out the window at the moment.
For the floodlights to come into this, its the wrong thread. But now its been mentioned.
I just hope the people who are on about raising the funds for the floodlights have took a couple of books to their businesses to sell.

Aren't the lights about 50 years old. Surely there has to be an health and safety aspect with them.
What I'm trying to say is, the lights would have had to be replaced anyway. doesn't matter what league we are in.
In hind sight, you can't blame the current board. This should have been looked at years ago. Even before the last board.
What we need to concentrate on is staying up ths season. If we get relegated, were b u g g e r e d.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users