Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Who needs the shoulder charge?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

Wow,there have been some nasty collisions over this weekend already!

Lincoln's looked a total accident but has probably turned out to be the worst?
Amor's,well not really sure,like to think he just got his head in the wrong place?
The Catalan prop was unfashionably late?
The toughest team sport in the world!

#2 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 464 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

On this is only week two ! They earn every penny these lads; best, toughest sport in the world !

#3 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

just seen kyle amor get tattoo'ed......gggeeezzz

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

Is it a target on his chin?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

It was nice to see him smiling on the bench afterwards though,apparently he started warming up ready to go back on at one point.
The medical staff had to reign him back in!
Tough Cumbrian forward!

#6 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,779 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Lincoln Withers in fancy dress (as a baseball):
pic.twitter.com/bDzZw2y4

Edited by Wellsy4HullFC, 10 February 2013 - 10:45 AM.

Posted Image

#7 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

Posted Image

OLDHAM RLFC

#8 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

Nice stitching job,that's one to tell the Grandchildren? :o

#9 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

thats a car crash injury....

OLDHAM RLFC

#10 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

Was this a result of poore accidently stamping on him

#11 brooza

brooza
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Did that happen or is it a guess? (Honestly don't know)
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#12 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 980 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

I think it is what happened. Poore ran over 3 people, Withers came worst off and went to ground and Poore carried in going. Nothing wrong with it. Just unfortunate.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#13 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

I saw his foot come over and thought he looked to have moved it forward, extended his step, in order to not step on his head. Shame that he must have caught him.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#14 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Did anyone see the All Stars game? George Rose was penalised for a tackle that was absolutely fine (in my book), made no contact to the head and did no damage to the attacker whatsoever. The Aussies have gone way too far the other way.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#15 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 980 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

Did anyone see the All Stars game? George Rose was penalised for a tackle that was absolutely fine (in my book), made no contact to the head and did no damage to the attacker whatsoever. The Aussies have gone way too far the other way.

I think Gus' comments just after the hit summed it up perfectly. They have taken a great part of our game out of it over there. Anyone watching the Cas/Leeds game yesterday who likes the big hits and shoulder charges would have been in heaven. If that would have been the NRL though there would have been penalty's galore!

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#16 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,979 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

I have to admit i thought he caught him as he carried on running. Not implying it was anything other than a accident.

#17 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,381 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

I think Gus' comments just after the hit summed it up perfectly. They have taken a great part of our game out of it over there. Anyone watching the Cas/Leeds game yesterday who likes the big hits and shoulder charges would have been in heaven. If that would have been the NRL though there would have been penalty's galore!

So, come the RWC, will we get penalised for shoulder charges or not?

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#18 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Whinging Aussies with an Aussie ref? We'll get done for offside, high shot and dissent all at the same time.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#19 brooza

brooza
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

It makes sense for it to have been an accidental standing-on. At the time I'd not noticed it and thoguht it was just a head clash, but seeing the injury, there must have been something else happen
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#20 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

If you get it wrong and commit an offence in doing so then you get penalised, where's the confusion?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users