Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Melbourne storm....

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

Give over, you seriously expect no-one to ask questions? Talk about taking your bat and ball home.

Its ok for you to constantly trash the UK game but not to respond to these drug allegations - which are nothing to do with us?

Seriously?
The drug allegations have been beaten up beyond belief, it has tarnished everyone involved in the game without any evidence put forward.
No doubt there are Drug cheats in the NRL, all top line sports have this issue and power/strength sports are more likely to have problems.
Cycling has major issues World wide, Many of the Olympic sports have issues.
Its a World wide issue.
My Comments were aimed at the Roughyheadspud, I think he meant cheats for what the Storm did with the salary cap more than Drugs.
If you think England has a good drug testing system and no one is taking supplements then I think you may be naive.
Its across the World in many Sports, every player or team wants an edge.
I am only replying to your post and not having a go at you Mate, I do realise you have posted many things that I agree with since this came out.

#42 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Give over, you seriously expect no-one to ask questions? Talk about taking your bat and ball home.

Its ok for you to constantly trash the UK game but not to respond to these drug allegations - which are nothing to do with us?

Its already been widely reported that the Storm do not have any case to answer.

#43 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

When I have a whinge about SL Teams it is more from disappointment than anything else.

I would love a competitive Test series.

I would love a bigger neutral WCC series (if it was competitive)
Would I care if England won the World Cup? I would love it if it was on the field and they played better, it would be great for the game.
I worry that the English game domestically is in big trouble, that is not good for Rugby League in general.
Soft options with importing Aussie mediocrity that has at times have players that looked like star players that worries me even more.
I loved the Kangaroo tours of old (I know they will not ever come back) I saw the English teams in a different light (I was young) Castleford sounded like a challenging team as did Hull, Wigan was the "fourth Test".
No point living in the past but those days are gone and if things do not change Rugby League will become like Squash or Ten Pin Bowling in the UK if you are like Oz, sports that have withered on the Vine and the fans and participants have moved on.

Edited by AndyCapp, 12 February 2013 - 12:48 PM.

#44 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

I may be thin skinned but my response is to this.

(1) simple question really....

are UKAD drug testers allowed to pee & blood test the Melbourne storm players when they arrive in the country??

(2) loads of them where necking E's during the 2000 world cup

(3) im going to the WCC.....and shall be starting a "cheats,cheats,cheats" chant

Why would you bother for a pre season game that if you win nobody at home even knows you have played it besides your family members and if you lose you are ###### and some team that came fifth in their local League can have bragging rights over you for the knobs that believe it.?

Edited by AndyCapp, 12 February 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#45 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,611 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Why will nobody at home know about it though?
Do you think if AFL had a similar game, they wouldn't be milking it to the max?

Acting as though no-one gives a toss about the game is not only disrespectful to us, its hardly a smart move for showing the game has other things to offer.
I hope we get no snide comments towards the storm because they are the finest rugby side around.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#46 1jordy

1jordy
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

I may be thin skinned but my response is to this.

(1) simple question really....

are UKAD drug testers allowed to pee & blood test the Melbourne storm players when they arrive in the country??

(2) loads of them where necking E's during the 2000 world cup

(3) im going to the WCC.....and shall be starting a "cheats,cheats,cheats" chant

Why would you bother for a pre season game that if you win nobody at home even knows you have played it besides your family members and if you lose you are ###### and some team that came fifth in their local League can have bragging rights over you for the knobs that believe it.?

I suggest you read up and get your facts straight on this story, until the complete details are revealed it's all speculation at this point as to how many players are using performance enhancing drugs so far a reserve grader who I've never heard of is the only player to be announced, other than the 11 NRL teams including the Storm being cleared of any doping barely any info has been released, it could be a whole team doping or it could end up being just a reserve grader, we don't know at this point, they're keeping it very quiet and I've heard it could be even months before we get a conclusion, to label all NRL players drug cheats is quite ignorant in my opinion, you can start a cheat, cheat chant all you want, the Melbourne Storm are more than used to it, they received that chant for about 2 seasons straight for the last couple of seasons after the whole cheating the salary cap thing, i'm pretty sure I even chanted it when they played my team, so I don't think it will bother them, I would save your breath and focus more on your Beer & Chips to be honest.

I would be stunned if Australian players whether Internationally or at Club level didn't get tested when they played in England, so maybe they will have to give a Urine Test, they surely will for the World Cup this year, they've been doing that for years in the NRL and it's hard to think of many cases, former Australian international Reni Maitua is the one that springs to mind and a few positive tests of Cocaine.

Sharks, Cowboys, Panthers, Raiders and the Knights are the clubs still in trouble, 2 of those 5 teams didn't make the finals last year and those clubs don't produce a whole lot of International players either.

http://www.foxsports...75#.URnjY6V3a9Y - if you want to read the article on this topic.

Edited by 1jordy, 12 February 2013 - 03:01 PM.

St George Illawarra Dragons fan with a Soft Spot for Wigan in the Super League.

#47 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,546 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

11 NRL teams including the Storm being cleared of any doping

Not accused != cleared.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#48 1jordy

1jordy
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Not accused != cleared.

I don't completely get your point, are you saying the clubs haven't been cleared yet of wrong doing because the headline doing the rounds at the moment reads "Manly Sea Eagles cleared by the Australian Anti-Doping Authority" the other 10 clubs have also been cleared of wrong doing.

Read for yourself: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/david-perry-claims-manly-sea-eagles-have-been-cleared-by-the-australian-anti-doping-authority/story-fn2mcuj6-1226576423239#.URpm8aV3a9Y

#49 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

I don't completely get your point, are you saying the clubs haven't been cleared yet of wrong doing because the headline doing the rounds at the moment reads "Manly Sea Eagles cleared by the Australian Anti-Doping Authority" the other 10 clubs have also been cleared of wrong doing.

Read for yourself: http://www.foxsports...39#.URpm8aV3a9Y

Melbourne were very good at covering up salary cap breaches,could be the same with doping.
Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#50 1jordy

1jordy
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Melbourne were very good at covering up salary cap breaches,could be the same with doping.

If they were good at covering up Salary Cap Breaches they wouldn't of been caught would they?

#51 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

If they were good at covering up Salary Cap Breaches they wouldn't of been caught would they?

They didn't get caught for a while.
Founder of the convent pontoon team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users