Latest scores

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

looking at their team before KO i suspected their intensity levels with and without the ball would be an issue and it was. they played the game faster than anything we saw last season and they will be up at the top end of the league.very good effort from us and a good learning curve though.

#42 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Any word on the attendance?

#43 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

1020 i heard.

#44 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 344 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Was nice to see the stadium in good nick, had lads with us that haven't been there for while and they said they'd come back next time.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#45 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 841 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

I personally thought Lupton was man of the match and as much as I'd take a point from the performance I think with matty there we would have ripped them apart from quick play of the balls!! We need a half back partnership for keeps now to get the forwards to play off! Coyle looks like he needs to get a few more games but that will come I hope!! Onwards and upwards lads can be proud from what they achieved today!

#46 Townvic

Townvic
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

STILL Keeping the Faith in more ways than one...though others may fall away.... Oh yes I am

Posted Image

#47 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

I think the Championship is Grant Gores level and won't get a chance at Widnes.Glad they did ok for your team

#48 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Acton will be back next week .

#49 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 265 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Good to see the ground in good nic, and a good performance, Halifax just that bit better today, good learning and looks good for the rest of the season.

#50 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

I think the Championship is Grant Gores level and won't get a chance at Widnes.Glad they did ok for your team

how do you know that ???hes a young lad who hasn't had a chance yet and been very unlucky with injuries - last week you thought lulu was ###### and surprise surprise he has two belting games. He will get his chance once clarke moves into the training staff , that's why they kept him on

#51 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,789 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

how do you know that ???hes a young lad who hasn't had a chance yet and been very unlucky with injuries - last week you thought lulu was ###### and surprise surprise he has two belting games. He will get his chance once clarke moves into the training staff , that's why they kept him on

I think the lad did alright for his first appearance in an important position and he can throw a good long pass from the base of the scrums as well. Give the lad a chance.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#52 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

He was dummying n scooting prematch and you can tell he'll be seen to full effect off quick plays. He's gonna be a good un , as is Hulme .

Edited by DavidM, 10 February 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#53 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,789 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

I remember last year on Premier Sports when Fev beat Fax how Harrison was complaining about the Fev wrestling style in the tackles. Well he has certainly learned the way to do it as they had 3 and 4 players in each tackle and took forever getting off. Something we should maybe learn how to perfect!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#54 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

Leuluai has a big heart but Hock and Allen are better Secondrowers still.I hope Gore does well like all players.Glad Declan is doing good,and I want to watch Workington when Widnes are not playing at the same time or day.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 10 February 2013 - 11:21 PM.

#55 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

good effort but just not good enough at 6,7 and 9. town not creative enough when in good field position. we matched them in the forwards but their allround intensity levels with and without the ball were better. still a good effort and slightly misleading scoreline is was closer than 8-20 suggests

Agree with all that, we had a lot of pressure on their line and while their defence was phenomenal I would have expected the line to have been broken in that second half. First time I'd seen our new six and as has already been said, too early to form a solid opinion.

Well done to Carl Forber though for a good performance and landing that BP kick, I think we need to see more of the half break and off-load from him though ? Thought Brett looked dangerous and Hulme looks a good player and Patrick had a strong game. What has happened to Shacks ?

We tired a little toward the end, not surprising, and Fax didn't which was the difference. I was probably a little optimistic in thinking we might win it but we're not far off at all.

#56 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

shacks is out with a shoulder injury. 3-4 weeks.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#57 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

shacks is out with a shoulder injury. 3-4 weeks.

Shame, on form he does have a knack of finding the line.

#58 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

I'd like to give a word to Calders to . Looked our most potent weapon out wide and was a threat with every involvement. It's still a shame he has to involve himself rather than get good quick ball to strut his stuff off , but well done Calders.

#59 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 649 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

Our field is too narrow to swing it out wide though. We tried 2 or 3 times yesterday and got tackled into touch.

#60 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Well there you go , I really thought our game against the second best team may have been worthy of a bit more attention this week in the RLE but yet again not so ... The massive Keighley v Haven game gets the main bit with pic and full quotes and we again get the bottom bit with just a description of events again . Can that guy never get a word with Charlo ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users