TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

2 divisions in 1

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Can already see that Championship format now as created two division in one.Only good thing is there will be matches we think we can win instead of knowing we are gonna get hammered every week.At least 8 teams in this league should be in a lower league.
Coupled with all this dual registration ###### i think rugby outside of super league will be destroyed shortly.People will not keep paying to see this farce

#2 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Always going to be tough without Grimmer today, also Helliwell that's our starting 2 halfbacks from last week missing, then we lose Marchy after 5 mins for the game, then Kainy for a full 45 mins, so we ended up with Clayton at fullback and 15 players for 45 mins always going to be a big ask, anyway lets not all be down, bonus point was all we could expect today, Dewsbury is a massive game Sunday!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#3 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 695 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

O dear did u lose ?????? Want saying this last week was ya

#4 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Can already see that Championship format now as created two division in one.

Been saying that for three seasons, Puds.

#5 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

At least this season us and york should be able to see victories every now and then,hopefully enough for both of us to survive

#6 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Just one positive out of that turgid 80 mins today-Richard Moore
Posted Image

#7 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Days like today won't decide whether we stay up or not, can't say I'm too disappointed, although it was woeful to watch at times

Next week is another story, hopefully the lads can put today's game to bed quickly and move on

#8 Penola

Penola
  • 610 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

No because we won last week

#9 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

He had a very good game. However, the problem is - how often will he be available?

#10 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

getting cocky cos you beat the bulls? You wernt saying that last Friday were you?

#11 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

agreed, Richard Moore took some stopping, made a great break, that should have ended in a try. But we found it really difficult to stop him 'offloading' in the tackle, pity he's at Leeds, because at a lot of other SL clubs, he'd be in the starting line up.

#12 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

getting cocky cos you beat the bulls? You wernt saying that last Friday were you?

Whilst I don't approve of the way D/C's are being used this season, I've noticed a distinctly arrogant attitude of SL club supporters towards what is going on in the Championships. It's maybe worth some of them realising that, but for the 'rules' being changed, there would be a couple of SL teams plying their trade in Championship One this season! (obviously I do not refer to Hull FC)

#13 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 933 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Two words to sum up today; you might remember them from last year ... ERRORS and INJURIES.

ERRORS undoubtedly gave Leigh 18 points today - whether it was dropping the ball five yards from our own line, missing a simple tackle or failing to deal with a fairly innocuous kick. You don't make errors at places like Leigh and get anything from the game.

INJURIES: Already starting without Grimshaw and Helliwell at half-back, Marchy lasted about five minutes before coming off, Kain around half-an-hour. Add to the fact that we had a bench of front-rowers, so we played the second half with a prop at second row, another prop at loose forward, two hookers at 6 and 7, two second rowers in the centres and a centre at full back !! Despite the errors it's fair to say it wouldn't have been 40-0 without those injuries.

... and finally, despite all the noise on here over the last few days, on this evidence Moore looks a decent acquisition for the club, and was probably the best player in a Hunslet shirt today.

#14 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Whilst I don't approve of the way D/C's are being used this season, I've noticed a distinctly arrogant attitude of SL club supporters towards what is going on in the Championships. It's maybe worth some of them realising that, but for the 'rules' being changed, there would be a couple of SL teams plying their trade in Championship One this season! (obviously I do not refer to Hull FC)

they are in with York so it's not as though they are hollier than thou

#15 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

by the way i would worry more about Pearson pulling the plug on you lot when he puts his cash into lufc than worrying about a championship club. Never mind you could ask hull kr for dual reg players

#16 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

by the way i would worry more about Pearson pulling the plug on you lot when he puts his cash into lufc than worrying about a championship club. Never mind you could ask hull kr for dual reg players

yep rumours are going round about pearson led consortium for leeds controlling share.

#17 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

He said himself he is up for it bye bye hull fc

#18 MiBoy

MiBoy
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Think that is a little unfair agree Moore had a decent game. Some of the Hunslet lads worked their backsides off in defence and tried taking us forward when they did get the ball. Fact is you will never win a game if you don't have the ball. We coughed up possession time and time again so we were always defending and always on the back foot!!! It was hard work out there today and a few of the lads worked really hard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users