- - - - -

York City Knings 34 - 12 Swinton Lions

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Great win lads, how many dual reg? sorry to ask but haven't a clue who is who these days.

None. There was 17 lads in a York shirt who played their hearts out and that's all I'm bothered about.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#22 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

good call simon

#23 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,815 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Thought Tom Carr had a great game caught some great kicks and returned the ball well.

#24 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Great win lads, how many dual reg? sorry to ask but haven't a clue who is who these days.

Tell me about it. :D :D

Edited by andyacko, 11 February 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#25 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

None. There was 17 lads in a York shirt who played their hearts out and that's all I'm bothered about.

Great answer mate, it dosnt matter who they are, where they come from, their representing your club colors, putting their body's on the line. Thats all that matters, and i will be taking the same stance when i am cheering on Leuluai at the SLS next week!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#26 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

532 attendance I think wasn't it? Very poor that, lower than the friendlies and probably more to do with losing at Haven than the weather or price of entry.

After we beat Batley at the LoveRugbyLeague.com mountain, that'll double for the Fax game - which we'll also win.

#27 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

it will andy cos fax should bring 500plus

#28 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

I can not improve on any of the above comments made, and give credit where credits due it was an superb team performance by every one and was glad to see Thornton had the sense to include Jonny Presley in the sqaud, could not see how he could have justified leaving a quality experienced player out of the side, his utilitly value alone is worth his place in the team 6-7-9 even played centre under woods reign, although it was a fantastict team performance
our pack was out standing in every department attack and defence and took it to the Swinton 6, had Nicholson as mom but as most have said could have been half a dozen or more, poser now for the Batley game if King is fit to play would you play him and if so who will miss out ,in my view King has to play.
if available.

ala

#29 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Press report
http://www.yorkpress...inton_Lions_12/

#30 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,815 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Tom Lineham was selected for the Premier Sports team of the week and James Ford won the Premier Sports try of the week award, well done both.

#31 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

By the way, did any of you read my programme notes today? What did you think?

Nobody? Pah, philistines...
Posted Image

#32 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Nobody? Pah, philistines...

What you need is a retro cover Gav ;)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#33 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

''poser now for the Batley game if King is fit to play would you play him and if so who will miss out ,in my view King has to play.
if available''

Possibly, but 2 things - 1 - we need to actually see Kingy & 2 - he needs to be tuned in & have a positive head on.

For me, if there need to be any changes on Sunday, Luke Stenchion (if fit) would be straight in.

#34 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

Shades understand your thinking but i would throw caution to the wind and include Kingy in the squad along with either Stenchion or Bowden if available ? can't change a winning team to any great extent so again depending on who is avaiable would have to stick with last Sundays starting 13 and with no detriment to either player but would rest Ball and Smith to accomerdate King, Stenchions or Bowden, (going for experience) think its time we gave the dogs a taste of there own medicine, expect a real forward tussle at the mount so would take as many forwards as possible, so subject to availability would go with -
Carr
Lineham
Ford
Arundel
Brisco
Brown
Nicklas
Nicholson
Lee
Aldus
Scott
Golden
Hadley
Subs.
Presley
King
Sully
Stenchion/Bowden

ala

#35 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,815 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

I would play Elliott if Fordy's injured and if were going to make any changes in the forwards I would prefer to bring Stenchion in.

#36 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

''but i would throw caution to the wind and include Kingy in the squad''

Don't hold your breath mate on the above....

#37 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

:D :D

#38 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

Then its Bowden and Stenchions and Haynes in for Fordy

ala

#39 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Great answer to a question that is becoming boring.

No matter who the player is or where he is from as long as he has the clubs shirt on and gives 100% in an effort to win, as your lads did against us, you can't argue with that.

Some of the hollier than thou on these forums forget that clubs like York and Swinton have survived by picking up journeymen players or youth players who the parent clubs no longer want.

I agree that clubs shouldn't be allowed to bring wholesale player who are established first teamer in there should be a criteria for the players that will be dual reg adhere to and that is upto the RL to sort out, instead of the constant snipes from other better off clubs.

Good luck this weekend and for the rest of the season York.

#40 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users