Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Spotland Pubs Latest

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

For my sins I know a few BIFFOs & I work in ST Helens, can anyone give the latest situation with where to get a pint before next weeks game? I take it the Church is still shut, ate the club making access to the main bar simple? Or is the Radcliffe open, the reason being is that I am bring asked where's best by Biffs & curious Saints fans
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#2 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 772 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

sure the church reopened and with the radcliffe being managed by Dale whos to know someone did tell me about a workingmens club nearby anyone can use but for the life of me can't remember what it was called
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#3 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

The Church must of re opened in the last month.. The working mens club is Spotland Reform, surely we can attract fans to the main bar? Gives money to the stadium co? An old argument I suspect? A sign in the car park could help. Lets at least major away fans welcome!
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#4 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Sorry make away fans welcome,
Phil Bull.

#5 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 772 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

I have always directed away fans to the main bar but access is only via the door inside the stadium unless you have a box etc it would make sense to give us normal fans access but even then the club makes nothing out of it
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#6 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 489 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

sure the church reopened and with the radcliffe being managed by Dale whos to know someone did tell me about a workingmens club nearby anyone can use but for the life of me can't remember what it was called

I think some one on the Dale board, said he was charged £6 for two pints in the Radcliffe. Not a drinker myself, but it seems a bit steep.

( Well the od VAT in the Winchester )
A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#7 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Spoken to Sue and she says she is willing to open the bar from 12.30
As the only entrance for spectators is from inside the ground it will depend on what time the club will open the turnstiles.

#8 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

That's 2pm then!
Phil Bull.

#9 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

There's always the Cemetery Hotel, only a 5 or 10 min walk to the ground. There's also the Dog and Partridge which isn't much further away.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users