Your top 3 performers versus Dewsbury

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 480 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

Well done to all 34 players on show in terrible conditions,i didn't have the best of views thanks to Premier sports scaffolding ! based on what i could see i will go with.....
1.Jack Bussey
2.Steve Crossley
3.Andy Bostock

#2 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,973 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Bussey
Lamont
Crossley
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#3 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Lamont
Lockwood
Bussey

Hard to pick 3 really in what was horrendous conditions and a forwards influenced game.

Edited by thundergaz, 10 February 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#4 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Fitness pulled us through, again. Played as if we did not want to be there.Credit to the Rams, they exploited the conditions and were out-muscling us down the middle.
Lamont okay in attack, but lacks defensive nous at times.
Locky put in a solid performance.
Good conditions would have resulted in a more comfortable margin IMO.

#5 Michael Bates

Michael Bates
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

1. Bussey
2. Lamont
3. Crossley

Our kicking game, at times, is embarrassing!

Edited by Michael Bates, 10 February 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#6 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Agree about our kicking game it is very ordinary at times. But Briggs as got to get the stand off shirt for me he's not a loose forward no where near.

#7 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

Well done to all the players on the field tonight but for me

Bussey
Lamont
Lockwood

Though there no8 was outstanding and the best on the field

#8 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

Tom lillycrop was their number 8 DR or a loan fromwakey i think 1 to watch for the future

#9 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Lillycrop isn't a loan or DR but we did sign him from Wakefield.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#10 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

Lillycrop isn't a loan or DR but we did sign him from Wakefield.

After watching him yesterday he might be in a Fev shirt next season( only kidding 😄😄😄 but he did have a cracking game and looks a very good signing for you guys) He looks to wear his heart on his sleeve and runs in powerfully every time. Looks a cracking prospect.

#11 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

got to agree there number 8 was outstanding reminded me a bit like tonky when he was with us ???

#12 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,460 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

All the players deserve credit for their efforts in those conditions, but among some hard working forwards Kaye, Bryan, Crossley etc I thought Bostock stood out. He's really upped his work-rate.

A Fev Blog

#13 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Bossy
Locky
Bussey
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#14 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

All the players deserve credit for their efforts in those conditions, but among some hard working forwards Kaye, Bryan, Crossley etc I thought Bostock stood out. He's really upped his work-rate.

I have got to say I like Benny Kayes enthusiasm, but for me he no longer cuts it in this league, his distribution is average, and he runs like he is tredding water. But my biggest gripe with him is lack of ability and guile near the oppo line. I think in all comps he has scored 5 tries in around 3 years and to my knowledge 3 of them were handed to him by others! He should stop going for the barge over the line cos its never going to happen for him. Having said all that if everybody had the same heart as him. Tough one but I see Bussey taking his shirt this year.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#15 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

For me Finn dragged us out of the ###### in the final quarter assisted by Bussy, Lockwood and Lamont. He got us back into it with his first try and after good work from, Jack and lamont he put in a peach of a cut out pass to Locky who obliged by getting away a brilliant offload to Briggs.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#16 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,460 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

I have got to say I like Benny Kayes enthusiasm, but for me he no longer cuts it in this league, his distribution is average, and he runs like he is tredding water. But my biggest gripe with him is lack of ability and guile near the oppo line. I think in all comps he has scored 5 tries in around 3 years and to my knowledge 3 of them were handed to him by others! He should stop going for the barge over the line cos its never going to happen for him. Having said all that if everybody had the same heart as him. Tough one but I see Bussey taking his shirt this year.

Every team needs its subtle blend of grafters and crafters. Kaye gets through a lot of work on defence.

A Fev Blog

#17 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

I get see that but we have better allrounders who will work and create. When you consider that much of our attack is built on a lot width which means quick hands, he is a week link. Sometimes sport is tuff the guy has done great for us since he came but for me now there are better players at the club. I suspect the conditions felt he was the right choice for yesterday and was right and he worked hard, just think in the long run its an area to strengthen. Nowt to do with me mind DP will call it how he sees it, thats what he gets the brass for.

Bussy
Lamont
Finn

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#18 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Going against the trend a bit. Finn, Ellis, Briggs. Where was Hodson?

#19 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Going against the trend a bit. Finn, Ellis, Briggs. Where was Hodson?

Injured I think col with ingy, spears and Haley.

#20 feaverpitch

feaverpitch
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Tom hodson had a slight strain of his hamstring as a result of Tuesdays training.So DP decided not to risk him.hopefully we will have him back for Sunday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users