Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

There's a bit of a row brewing at the KC Stadium...

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,992 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Hull FC memorabilia removed, Hull City's remains in place. Is this simply a case of a misunderstanding or are Hull City's owners and Stadium Management Comittee runners, the Allams, having a petulant swipe at Adam Pearson?

http://www.thisishul...l#axzz2KZbpFzjX

Time will tell, I suppose.

FWIW, I think it's about time the SMC was run by a neutral body with no members having any vested interest in either club.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#2 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

Bad form that, and an insult to the city as a whole

As a Rovers fan i find it deplorable what they have done to John Whiteley, fans of all 3 clubs should unite and show their anger over this

#3 kioli

kioli
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

How ludicrously childish.

#4 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

Its about time the council get involved and stop all this nonsens, after all the SMC are working for them. This will be a blessing in disguise I think because this could be the last straw for the council.

#5 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,921 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hull City are paying a modest fee... To themselves! Hull City own SMC. They are bloody paying themselves. It's an insult to the fans to try and pretend otherwise. Hull City apparently recently trained on the pitch. This situation is an absolute joke.

Won't be long before the Allams do a Duffen and start saying there isn't time for international RL at the KC. "We want to invest in sport in this city..." Yeah right. Taking down memorabilia of one of Hull's sporting legends in a suite named after him shows that's boll*cks. You should be honoured to have it up.

Posted Image

#6 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,263 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

And people still say we can be friends with soccer.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#7 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

FWIW, I think it's about time the SMC was run by a neutral body with no members having any vested interest in either club.

Which is how it should have been from day one.

rldfsignature.jpg

#8 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Exactly. Said as much myself when I heard what was going on. Petulant in the extreme and how is it possible for it not to be a conflict of interest if the SMC is effectively owned by the football club. And how exactly does the payment of a "modest fee" do anything to rectify the alleged £880kpa loss that the SMC is apparently suddenly making. I've struggled to even find any reference to who is on the SMC, which is a worry in itself. Maybe a freedom of information request would help. The KC was supposed to be a stadium for the community, not a football club's plaything. It was gifted to the city by the council following the sale of Kingston Communications to the people in an act akin to Victorian philanthropy. The SMC seem to have conveniently forgotten this and its head henchman "Dr" Allam is well on his way to becoming the most vilified administrator in local sport since David Lloyd.

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#9 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,992 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

Blunderside's "Sportstalk" programme was entertaining last night. This saga seems to have a long way to run and has now fuelled a very bitter debate between football and RL in Hull.

It's worth going back to the original link I posted and reading the comments on there, now totalling 180 odd. Some of the City fans are unbelievable in what they put to print although, I might add, one or two Rovers fans have joined in the fun. Not unexpected I suppose. :rolleyes:

It's rather odd that the Allams have told the Council they will move Hull City out of the KC and build their own stadium if they get promoted, yet are now treating the KC as if they own the place.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#10 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

Empty threats from them i am afraid, the football team would be relegated again by the time anything was built

kick them out and let both RL teams share

#11 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,921 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

It's worth going back to the original link I posted and reading the comments on there, now totalling 180 odd. Some of the City fans are unbelievable in what they put to print although, I might add, one or two Rovers fans have joined in the fun. Not unexpected I suppose. :rolleyes:

Some of the ###### written on there is unbelievable.
Posted Image

#12 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,992 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

Some of the ###### written on there is unbelievable.

Sadly, they live in the same fantasy world as the owners of their club.

#13 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Hull City will be much more cash rich than FC and therefore able to pay exorbitant fees for displaying their history around the stadium. Anyway what does it matter how high the fee is because it's an Allam company paying an Allam company, basically he's just moving money from one of his bank accounts into another of his bank accounts.

Without a shadow of a doubt this is a devisive move to claim the stadium for Hull City at least as far as appearances go. The statements made by Mr Allam in the article above are almost insulting because of their transparency yet he seems to think we're all too thick to realise what's really going on.

Bad form

Edited by OMEGA, 12 February 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#14 Grebo Guru

Grebo Guru
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

A very sad state of affairs. To insult Johnny Whiteely in this way is to insult all the people of Hull.

Were it not for Hull City Council and Hull RLFC, Hull City would be stuck in anonymity in a dilapidated stadium on an estate on the edge of town. The KC Stadium has offered them publicity, credibility and status they didn't have before. Much of this has been funded by Hull City Council (directly or indirectly), when the majority of City's support seems to love outside the city boundary. It's sad that so many of their supporters won't seem to recognise this.

#15 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

I've never trusted AA. There has clearly been an incident that occured between Pearson and Allam, which led to Pearson's dismissal and now this, which is very petty.

Hull have the right to visual representation at the stadium just as much as City does, regardless of who owns the company tasked with running the stadium.

Edited by HKR AWAY DAYS, 12 February 2013 - 04:52 PM.

#16 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Call for a public inquest

Interestingly the views of Huddersfield Town fans aren't overly different to those of Hull City fans regarding the rugby club, those same soccer fans conveniently forget their own recent history

Fortunately Ken Davey indirectly owns 60% of the stadium

#17 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,992 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Johnny Whiteley has his say.

#18 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,527 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

Hull City will be much more cash rich than FC and therefore able to pay exorbitant fees for displaying their history around the stadium. Anyway what does it matter how high the fee is because it's an Allam company paying an Allam company, basically he's just moving money from one of his bank accounts into another of his bank accounts.

Without a shadow of a doubt this is a devisive move to claim the stadium for Hull City at least as far as appearances go. The statements made by Mr Allam in the article above are almost insulting because of their transparency yet he seems to think we're all too thick to realise what's really going on.

Bad form

One of the presenters on Radio Humberside's Sportstalk programme last night was trying to point out to a Hull City fan that the Allams are essentially paying themselves. The caller either could not or would not take on board what was a very simple concept. It's a shame so many of City's fans have adopted such a knee-jerk defensive stance. Our quarrel isn't with City or their fans. It's with the stadium management company.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#19 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,527 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Johnny Whiteley has his say.

Typically dignified response of the kind you would expect from the man.

I think the Allams have dropped a huge clanger. They could have gone on quietly trying to marginalise our club but removing the Johnny Whiteley memorabilia from the suite that bears his name has provoked a furious response. The man is held in such high regard in the city he loves that it's difficult to see the Allams coming out of this well.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#20 GezH

GezH
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Another sad example of the arrogance of foozeball, matched only by union.
Continuing to fly the RL flag and introduce more and more folk to the greatest game in North Lincs
Posted Image