New players Wanted

Wigan St Cuthberts

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

This topic is the latest in the many that have been diverted to discussion about the relative strengths of the various leagues. I am sure we have heard the same boasts from the same people ad nauseum. Shall we try and stick on topic, it would make a refreshing change?

I think a reminder that this is the NCL Forum should be taken as a guide to subject matter.
I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#22 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

played in both myself and over all i totally agree the standard is higher in the NCL, no argument there , but it still doesnt change black and white facts,

the top regionals sides CURRENTLY are better than the top NCL sides its there in black and white, i would love to be proven wrong, but what does it say in the paper?

The only way it could be proven is if all the top regional sides play the top NCL teams over a full season and thats never going to happen,iv played in both and trust me its far easier to raise your game in a cup than having to be at that level week in week out in the league,dont get me wrong the top regional sides are very good but until they play at that level for 26 or more games instead of about 12 we'll never know and thats why over a full season the top NCL clubs will say the're better because during holidays or injuries they usually have more players to choose from so over the full season the're stronger

#23 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

The only way it could be proven is if all the top regional sides play the top NCL teams over a full season and thats never going to happen,iv played in both and trust me its far easier to raise your game in a cup than having to be at that level week in week out in the league,dont get me wrong the top regional sides are very good but until they play at that level for 26 or more games instead of about 12 we'll never know and thats why over a full season the top NCL clubs will say the're better because during holidays or injuries they usually have more players to choose from so over the full season the're stronger

Hypothetically speaking
The NCL is a league that affectively runs along side the others not above them, on what evidence are grounds do you base the standard is better? if the NCL had won 5 out the last six national cups would you not refer me to that?
all we can do is surmise what if,
I know overall you will get a better standard of rugby playing in the NCL league,
All I'm saying if somebody impartial was brought in to investigate who currently has the highest standard,
All they could base there opinion on is when the top regionals and the top NCL sides have met over the last few years What do you thing they would say ?

#24 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

This topic is the latest in the many that have been diverted to discussion about the relative strengths of the various leagues. I am sure we have heard the same boasts from the same people ad nauseum. Shall we try and stick on topic, it would make a refreshing change?

I think a reminder that this is the NCL Forum should be taken as a guide to subject matter.

it would be a boring thread if we were still talking about players needed at Cuthbert's two pages in don’t you think, as long we are not being abusive what harm are we doing,

#25 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

I find it boring when the Regional Leagues are continually used to turn the threads into 'my dad is bigger than your dad' threads.

#26 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

I'm from an NCL club, I'm just pointing out how well the regionals are doing
just thought someone might have an opinion why they seam to have over took the top NCL sides,
Kaykie seams to think we play to many games, what do you think?

#27 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

You are missing the point, if I was at all interested in how most regional teams are doing I would look in the right place; which isn't on this particular forum.

#28 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Well that’s easily resolved, don’t look at this particular thread now you know we have gone of the original subject,

we are discussing regionals and NCL,

and we may move on to corination street and emerdale next, who knows!!!

#29 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

....... and if you do the thread will be either locked or moved to the correct Forum, now jog on and stop being a prat.

#30 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Well that’s easily resolved, don’t look at this particular thread now you know we have gone of the original subject,

we are discussing regionals and NCL,

and we may move on to corination street and emerdale next, who knows!!!

Why don't you just start your own thread (instead of hijacking someone elses) - and those that might be remotely interested in the regional league situation could follow you. Incidently, start your own thread (about regional league rugby) on a regional league site please.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#31 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

....... and if you do the thread will be either locked or moved to the correct Forum, now jog on and stop being a prat.

Here here!!!

#32 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Why don't you just start your own thread (instead of hijacking someone elses) - and those that might be remotely interested in the regional league situation could follow you. Incidently, start your own thread (about regional league rugby) on a regional league site please.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This topic isn't about regional leagues, its about playing standards so were do you want me to post it?

#33 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

just looked up the word prat

It's a British term. It refers to your backside. If you call someone a prat, you are calling them an ass or an idiot.,

please apologise are I will report you to a moderator for using offensive insults :rolleyes:

im a 21 stone prop forward i dont jog anywhere, i strut :D :D

#34 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

I found it a lot easier to play in the top divisions during my day, the game was a lot cleaner, the guys seemed smaller and the tackling was also cleaner.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#35 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

This topic isn't about regional leagues, its about playing standards so were do you want me to post it?

The actual topic was PLAYERS WANTED for a NCL club nothing to do with the playing standards. However I do agree with Marauder the Games in the top divisions are a lot cleaner But not in the Regional Leagues having watched a game recently involving 2 of the so called top sides in the Pennine league play against eachother the discipline was awful. The discipline is of a much higher standard in the NCL This is also due to the fact that the referees are generally of a higher standard and the penalties for indiscipline are greater in the NCL The way that some of the Regional side play the game they would not be able to field a team after a few weeks if they were in the NCL due to all their players been on long suspensions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users