Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

playing within the 'spirit' of RL

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

Personally i think playing within the spirit of the rules thing that people have been spouting is nonsense. rules are there and as long as they are not broken i dont see a problem. For people to interpret and give their spin on it seems very old fashioned.

the world has changed no longer can taking the moral high ground be an acceptable excuse for failure.

look at the greatest leaders throughout history! Churchill, Bismark, Stalin, Napoleon, Thatcher, as well as military theorists such as Jomini and Clausewitz. do you think they would have achieved their goals by being soft and playing within this so called spirit. No.

its about time we all woke up to 2013 and reality.

only losers play within the spirit. winners play to win.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#2 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

I was with you until Thatcher

Nonetheless very amusing!

#3 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 759 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

Take your blinkers off Barnie, just look how often sides that were actually "cheating" got out of Ch1 just in the recent history of the game.

For some time now the rules of the game both on the park and to do with advancement of teams and the code of RL itself, (particularly regarding expansion) are as predictable as an english summer.

when winners and losers are not ultimately decided on the field, but at RFL headquaters via criteria change, (year on year) you may think this is all tikkety boo...I dont though and im not alone!

#4 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

Well BARNIE you could also say how about all these MP,S millionaires and the big firms that are cheating the tax man but all say its within the rules????

#5 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Well BARNIE you could also say how about all these MP,S millionaires and the big firms that are cheating the tax man but all say its within the rules????

i'll second that abu, as for thatcher barnie don't make me laugh too much.

#6 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Take your blinkers off Barnie, just look how often sides that were actually "cheating" got out of Ch1 just in the recent history of the game.

For some time now the rules of the game both on the park and to do with advancement of teams and the code of RL itself, (particularly regarding expansion) are as predictable as an english summer.

when winners and losers are not ultimately decided on the field, but at RFL headquaters via criteria change, (year on year) you may think this is all tikkety boo...I dont though and im not alone!

usually criteria changes only benefit the superleague clubs in my opinion, as for expansion imo they should concentrate on the heartland clubs first before trying to expand elsewhere it's hardly been a success in london or crusaders in wales.

Edited by juliancaine, 11 February 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#7 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

You can express your opinion here.

http://www.totalrl.c...-feb-thrillers/
Posted Image

#8 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

Judging by the poll most people want dr changing imo ASAP.

#9 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Nice to see all the left wing commies bashing Thatcher and anyone who finds loop holes in the tax system. Interesting.

Posted Image

#10 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Calm down barnie your "tory central office" won't want you highlighting all their tax dodging.

#11 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Nice to see all the left wing commies bashing Thatcher and anyone who finds loop holes in the tax system. Interesting.

Power to the people!!
Swinton Popular Front

#12 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Calm down barnie your "tory central office" won't want you highlighting all their tax dodging.

who said i voted Tory?

Posted Image

#13 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Power to the people!!
Swinton Popular Front

Like that one mark.

#14 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Because you are a wee bit like DAVID CAMERON and avoid the question.HA HA

#15 Christophe

Christophe
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Thatcher won't need coal where she's going Barnie.. It'll be hot enough
he's not the messiah..he's a very naughty boy

#16 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Didn't Wigan or other get docked points for not acting in the "spirit of the salary cap" several years ago?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#17 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Because you are a wee bit like DAVID CAMERON and avoid the question.HA HA

all politicians are the same abu.

#18 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Didn't Wigan or other get docked points for not acting in the "spirit of the salary cap" several years ago?

Bang on keith at least you get what I mean when I stated that we're not "in the spirit" of the laughable dr system. A link for you all to refresh your memories of the incident, see wording half way down the article.

http://news.bbc.co.u...gue/6896583.stm

#19 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 759 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

We want a level playing field julian. (and so do the Roughyeds!).
"ringers" grafted in at the sharp end of the season will "blow the credibility" of the competition...and there could be a lot at stake couldnt there!

#20 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

Ringers like byron ford and simon morton....