Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Theo Fages stopped breathing on the pitch after being concussed by Julian Bousquet.

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

According to Sean Long and shocking if true, Wonder how long will Julian Bousquet be suspended for?

http://www.bbc.co.uk..._medium=twitter

#2 Walter Ego

Walter Ego
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

That's grim. He's been charged with a D.

#3 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Reminded me of Mason on Long in Sydney
There's no dignity in plastic seats

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,982 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

Best wishes to a speedy recovery.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

Not seen the incident but if it's akin to the Mason on Long assault then let's make a statement of intent and hit him with 8 or more games.

Like I've said numerous times on here before, our sport is potentially life changing through injury as it is without any deliberate illegal stuff thrown in.

I also concur with hindle, let's hope for a quick recovery with no long term damage.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#6 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 575 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

Cowardly challenge. Plenty of opportunities to stamp your authoriry with fair but strong tackles. No need to resort to this kind of thing.

#7 ParraEelsNRL

ParraEelsNRL
  • Coach
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

http://www.rugbyforu...=54156&start=60

Not nice looking.

#8 ParraEelsNRL

ParraEelsNRL
  • Coach
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

http://www.lindepend...ord,1726749.php

Shows the hit about 50 seconds in.

#9 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Absolutely disgraceful challenge,a cowardly act.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#10 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

Long described as worse than the "Tezzer one" on him.

Fages wasn't cleared to fly back with the team on Sunday, he stayed with his family. His 5 year old brother witnessed the incident and was distressed.

We need to make sure the very late and high incidents are adequately punished.I seem to remember Costin getting a long ban for a tackle, don't remember what the "tezzer" one got

Edited by Red Willow, 12 February 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#11 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,808 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

Long described as worse than the "Tezzer one" on him.

Fages wasn't cleared to fly back with the team on Sunday, he stayed with his family. His 5 year old brother witnessed the incident and was distressed.

We need to make sure the very late and high incidents are adequately punished.I seem to remember Costin getting a long ban for a tackle, don't remember what the "tezzer" one got

Newton got 10 games initially then lost an appeal and the ban was set at 7 months.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#12 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

That came long after the ball had gone. Shocking hit to the head.

#13 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

http://www.reds.co.u...-life-and-death

Dramatic headline but the description of what happened is worth reading

#14 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

That is an awful read.
It makes the "Grade D" look very inadequate.
Surely it cannot be compared to Mason's hit on Long. That one was late and off the ball but Longy recovered to play on.
He started the 2nd half with a bandaged head and went on to win Man of the Match award.
Mason's was a bad one, this one though is dreadful and he should get far more than the 3-5 matches that's suggested.

#15 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

only got 4 games, bet if he had hit a "star" from a big team it would have been longer.

#16 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

That is an awful read.
Surely it cannot be compared to Mason's hit on Long. That one was late and off the ball but Longy recovered to play on.
He started the 2nd half with a bandaged head and went on to win Man of the Match award.
Mason's was a bad one, this one though is dreadful and he should get far more than the 3-5 matches that's suggested.

He's got 4 games.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#17 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

That is an awful read.

Bit of a lottery on the injury front, surely it's the nature of the tackle- if you can call it that- that should be looked at.
There's no dignity in plastic seats

#18 Walter Ego

Walter Ego
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

Probably would've gotten away with it being so late if he didn't purposefully raise his arms up to hit him in the chops and curved his momentum a bit. Deserves more than five for that shot regardless of its timing.

Edit: Also wishing a speedy recovery, game's harsh enough on players without this ######.

Edited by Walter Ego, 12 February 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#19 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

well I was not too far from the incident which looked nasty but not having the benefit of a video replay couldn't really decide just HOW bad the challenge was

now, i've met Julian a few times and he is a nice kid and I spoke with him after the game - it's not a case of trying to defend him but when he spoke he was remorseful and he knew he had done wrong and was ready for the punishment - he was 'frightened' of what he had done and very shaky, almost tearful

the very least we can hope for is that Julian has learned a lesson the hard way and such a cowardly act isn't repeated and that Theo makes a full recovery - i'm sure Julian would have been one of the first visitors at the hospital to see his mate.

just a word about the officiating at the game - well done Mr Thaler, Ian Smith & the linos for an excellent display - one day maybe all games will be officiated this way (go on Salford fans, shoot me down...)

#20 oiseau

oiseau
  • Coach
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

Just a quick one do you remember his father Pascal excellent player who was on the french tour to Oz in 1990 ex Pia.CM

blimey CM that's going back a bit - I arrived in '89 so probably would have seen him play but to be honest I wouldn't be able to say I recall him - was he a big burger too ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users