League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone V Barrow.Sun17th Feb 3pm K.O.

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. Voted Featherstone To Win (27 votes [81.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

2. Barrow To Win (5 votes [15.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

3. Draw (1 votes [3.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

This week we welcome back our friends from Barrow, its been a while but they have always given us a very good game. They are currently bottom of the Championship but that as we know means nothing in this league so early on in the season.

I think we will be chomping at the bit on Sunday and on the Big Fellas pitch we shall see a totally different game than last week at Dewsbury.

Featherstone 32-12 Barrow

First try - Hardman

M.O.M - The Mighty Finn

Attendance - 2,400
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#2 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Depends if Hodson and England are playing. If they are then 38-12 to Rovers. If not then 26-12 to us. crowd 2,500. MOM Kain.

First try Hodson (if playing).

#3 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

After yesterday I think the players will be up for this one and DP will probably be looking for a better performance. ( even though it was very hard to perform in that weather) So I'm going

Fev 62 barrow 6

1st try hardman

MOM Lamont (quickly becoming my fav player) or Briggs if he plays stand off

ATT 1250 ( as I doubt many barrow fans will make the trip after the start to the season they have had)

#4 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Unfortunately as a barrow fan i think you could be about right gaz..

#5 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

So you reckon only half the fev fans who turned up for the leigh game will be present fpr the barrow game???
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#6 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

So you reckon only half the fev fans who turned up for the leigh game will be present fpr the barrow game???

Yeah robin because a lot at the Leigh game I had never seen before and I reckon they might have just come out of the woodwork for that big game. Hope I'm wrong though robin because we deserve 5k watching us at present.

#7 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Unfortunately as a barrow fan i think you could be about right gaz..

It's just an estimate lifer and I sincerely hope I'm well out because I don't like one sided games unless its a final or against one of the so called top teams in our league๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

#8 AJ & TJ

AJ & TJ
  • Coach
  • 454 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

I think Sundays exertions may tell a little in the legs of our players but expect a comfortable win none the less.
42-10 rovers

Mom Kain
1st try saxton.

Att 2345

#9 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

I reckon we could pass the 50 mark sunday.
I had hoped barrow would have been able to recruit a bit stronger. I guess the legacy daft dez left em with still hangs round their necks
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#10 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

I reckon we could pass the 50 mark sunday.
I had hoped barrow would have been able to recruit a bit stronger. I guess the legacy daft dez left em with still hangs round their necks

To be fair to barrow robin. Before the season started I thought they had recruited well. I thought they had recruited better than the 3 that came up with them. But with this stupid DR system going on I think its slowly killing barrow for not linking up.Which I don't like to see because they are going it alone and rightly so but are being punished for not linking up.

#11 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Fev 52 v 12

AT. 1820

#12 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

We simply have to break the 2k mark at every home game to keep the momentum going so lets spread the word about this Sundays game via facebook /twitter and to everyone we speak to this week.

Lets get the place ROCKING with Cappers :D :D
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#13 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

Cricket score

Fev 66 Barrow 10

Att 2246

1st try Hardman

MoM Kain

#14 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Nice to see Barrow back in the elite..they will soon be making their mark again;
FEV...38.......BARROW...16
MOM............HEPWORTH
ATT..............2608
"BRING A FRIEND"

#15 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

To be fair to barrow robin. Before the season started I thought they had recruited well. I thought they had recruited better than the 3 that came up with them. But with this stupid DR system going on I think its slowly killing barrow for not linking up.Which I don't like to see because they are going it alone and rightly so but are being punished for not linking up.

Three forwards due to come back from injury in next couple of weeks will help us out no end TG. We were just a bit unlucky Sunday against Donny - the game could really have gone either way but I am sure even a Donny fan would say they got the touch of luck when it mattered. Taking nowt from them though it was a good old fashioned slog in the mud last week and they took the spoils. By the way at Hunslet we were woeful.
Anyway see you lot Sunday. My predictions: Barrow by 30 & Ellis sent off :).

Posted Image

#16 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

My head says Fev 72 Raiders 0

My heart would love a bonus point Fev 32 Raiders 20

Not very confident after what ive seen so far especially without Kurt Haggerty who is suspended.

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#17 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Easy Rovers win based on early form for both teams.

Shame we can't throw the game, to give a helping hand to one of the other independent, real clubs.

#18 febreze

febreze
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

fev 48 barrow 12
1st try heppy
mom worthington
att2500 :rolleyes:

#19 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Easy Rovers win based on early form for both teams.

Shame we can't throw the game, to give a helping hand to one of the other independent, real clubs.

Agree with you. :) Come on Barrow ;)

Edited by Maureen T-k, 17 February 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#20 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

I think this year will be all about survival for Barrow. I hope they stay up at the expense of one of the "feeder" clubs.

Fev 46 - Barrow 6

Att: 2050

MOM: Lamont Bryan

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users