Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

dual registration

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: dual registration (31 member(s) have cast votes)

does dual registration enhance or detract from teams/supporters in the championship

1. enhances (8 votes [25.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

2. detracts (23 votes [74.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 74.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 440 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Does dual registration enhance or detract from teams and their supporters in the championship.

#2 Christophe

Christophe
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

FFS
he's not the messiah..he's a very naughty boy

#3 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

What did you expect he dreams Dual Registration.

#4 Blakemore

Blakemore
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Boring now

#5 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 440 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#6 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

I can't answer or vote...my interpretation of the rules is different from the rules therefore I cannot vote on rules that I think should be different.....

#7 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

I don't vote as a rule!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#8 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

I can't answer or vote...my interpretation of the rules is different from the rules therefore I cannot vote on rules that I think should be different.....

no but if we dont moan about this we only have to find something else to moan about.

i think the white on this seasons kit isn't white enough!
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#9 MALCOLM WHO ?

MALCOLM WHO ?
  • Coach
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Hahaha this is so daft its funny or is it just boring?

We always sign the wrong brother.

#10 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hahaha this is so daft its funny or is it just boring?

I agree with you. The DR is going to continue no matter what until at least the end of the season. So we might as well just accept it and move on now. I don't agree with the system at the minute but if rules were to be put in place ie no one over the age of 23 can be DR or no players named in the SLs 25 man squad can be DR then I personally wouldn't have a problem with it. Also if them rules were to pass I wouldn't mind how many players were DR to the champ clubs as I'm all for improving young talent especially British young talent.

#11 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

I agree with you. The DR is going to continue no matter what until at least the end of the season. So we might as well just accept it and move on now. I don't agree with the system at the minute but if rules were to be put in place ie no one over the age of 23 can be DR or no players named in the SLs 25 man squad can be DR then I personally wouldn't have a problem with it. Also if them rules were to pass I wouldn't mind how many players were DR to the champ clubs as I'm all for improving young talent especially British young talent.

At long last you are begining to talk sense.
I agree entirely that there does need to be restrictions on the use of dual reg players and I think the under 23 rule would be a very good move.

As I have stated before clubs like swinton arn't in the fortunate position of teams like Fev and unlike yourselves arn't able to fund a under 20's operation. I think I speak for most lions fans in saying if finances allowed we would love to do this, indeed I would also go as far to say the RL should enforce the running of A team rugby but sadly it doesn't.

It was interesting to note that previously you were very critical of clubs like Swinton Lions and York who are taking Dual Reg yet Fev were prepared to play York in a friendly for your under 20's, a touch of double standards there i think.

In general I think we all agree that the system isn't perfect and changes need to be made but it's here and untill those changes happen we should get on with enjoying our rugby league.

#12 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

At long last you are begining to talk sense.
I agree entirely that there does need to be restrictions on the use of dual reg players and I think the under 23 rule would be a very good move.

As I have stated before clubs like swinton arn't in the fortunate position of teams like Fev and unlike yourselves arn't able to fund a under 20's operation. I think I speak for most lions fans in saying if finances allowed we would love to do this, indeed I would also go as far to say the RL should enforce the running of A team rugby but sadly it doesn't.

It was interesting to note that previously you were very critical of clubs like Swinton Lions and York who are taking Dual Reg yet Fev were prepared to play York in a friendly for your under 20's, a touch of double standards there i think.

In general I think we all agree that the system isn't perfect and changes need to be made but it's here and untill those changes happen we should get on with enjoying our rugby league.

The problem with the youth set ups is we had to get a friendly with someone or our young uns wouldn't of had hardly any games marshy. Also I don't think it's York , swinton and hunslet etc that most of are fans are against its the system itself as its flawed at the minute. But like I said marshy the situation isn't going to change anytime soon so we just have to accept it until at least the end of the season by the looks of it anyway. But we have been forced down this road before ourselves and we fought tooth and nail to stop it and we did. I just think the system at the moment is a recipe for disaster. That last comment is more of a helpful comment than a go at the DR clubs I just think it needs monitoring very carefully by the champ clubs involved in it that's all.

Edited by thundergaz, 13 February 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#13 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

The penny drops!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#14 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

The penny drops!

The penny had always dropped mate. It was more of a concern on my part for the champ clubs than any ill feeling towards the Partnered champ clubs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users