TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Online Petition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#1 Haven Horizon

Haven Horizon
  • Whitehaven
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Bring Back Promotion & Relegation

Haven Horizon, a supporters group of Whitehaven RLFC, is calling on the Rugby Football League to review the current Super League licensing system and consider bringing back promotion and relegation. Since the move was made in 2009 to move to a franchise model, teams in the lower divisions have had their chances of reaching the top tier significantly reduced.

In all the other major sports in the UK, football, cricket, rugby union, promotion and relegation exists successfully, so why has it been taken away from rugby league?

Haven Horizon want to obtain as many signatures as possible to highlight that the rugby league community wants to see promotion and relegation return. If you agree and would like to see this happen, please sign this petition!

To sign the petition, click here - http://bit.ly/ULxxyD

Spread the word and share this link with your friends!

#2 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

And if you dont want P & R to return where do you sign???

#3 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,752 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

I see what you mean, but it is a petition not a poll. I applaud this opportunity for people to express their opinion in this free and open way. Of course,the hundreds of thousands of those who do not agree with the petition will not sign, so obviously their views must be taken into account. In any case, to have any influence, the petition statement must be watertight, which I am afraid it is not.

#4 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

And if you dont want P & R to return where do you sign???

Do your own petition

Edited by Ackroman, 12 February 2013 - 09:51 AM.

#5 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

I see what you mean, but it is a petition not a poll. I applaud this opportunity for people to express their opinion in this free and open way. Of course,the hundreds of thousands of those who do not agree with the petition will not sign, so obviously their views must be taken into account. In any case, to have any influence, the petition statement must be watertight, which I am afraid it is not.

And the 'hundreds of thousands who do not agree' is watertight? Where's the results of that survey published?
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#6 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

With all due respect this subject is not about choosing a candidate in an election, it's about gauging whether there's a groundswell of support for P&R and to try and evidence it. There is no need to take into account any other alternative way of separating teams of differing abilities whether that be licencing, franchising of some other despotic approach.

People who support that way of working can do their own petition.

#7 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,463 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Cricket only has P&R between the two divisions of the County Championship - the least supported of its competitions. It does not have P&R in Twenty20, CB40 or whatever else the ECB has dreamed up this week.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#8 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

Why not just sign Andy Burnhams existing petition?

#9 bimbo101

bimbo101
  • Coach
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Come on people,sign the petition,lets get the Super League closed shop CLOSED.

#10 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

"Oh thanks for this, we thought everyone loved the current system" - The RFL
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#11 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

I won't be signing it.It will only encourage more clubs to spend beyond there means,leading to more clubs going to the wall.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#12 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

sorry but i agree with twig, my club spent beyond their means just to get promotion and they went bust.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#13 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

P&R will be back within two years.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#14 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

The sports you list all have P& R with strings attached - clubs need to meet criteria over facilities, etc. That is also true in Rugby League, it's just that we do it every three years instead of every year.
"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#15 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

the nrl has performed extremely well without p&r it will be a return to the bad old days of ###### or bust management........
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#16 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,463 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

I think that the only divisions in professional football with no strings attached P&R are Leagues One and Two. (Tier 3 and 4 on the pyramid).
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#17 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,752 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

The

Come on people,sign the petition,lets get the Super League closed shop CLOSED.

no. No. NO. NOOOOOOOO!

It is NOT a closed shop.

#18 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,752 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

With all due respect this subject is not about choosing a candidate in an election, it's about gauging whether there's a groundswell of support for P&R and to try and evidence it. There is no need to take into account any other alternative way of separating teams of differing abilities whether that be licencing, franchising of some other despotic approach.

People who support that way of working can do their own petition.

The fundamental platform of the petition is flawed. A single factual error and the petition is doomed to failure. No need to set up an alternative. If you sign, you have indicated your view. If you don't sign, you have done the same.

#19 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

I think that the only divisions in professional football with no strings attached P&R are Leagues One and Two. (Tier 3 and 4 on the pyramid).

Won't that be the only tier in the whole pyramid?

I know down the bottom the criteria is strictly enforced and grounds graded which plays a part in determining who can and can't be promoted, which can only be a good thing as clubs with any sort of ambition are motivated to improve facilities year on year, even if its just the small jobs being done by hardy bands of volunteers its an improvement on letting things stagnate.

#20 bimbo101

bimbo101
  • Coach
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

I won't be signing it.It will only encourage more clubs to spend beyond there means,leading to more clubs going to the wall.

Like the use of the word MORE.So Super League hasn't eradicated the problem then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users