TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet Hawks Dual Registration Statement

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1 HunsletHawks

HunsletHawks
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

The club stated that our dual registration strategy for 2013 would be an arrangement whereby we would have 4 players from Leeds Rhinos joining the club on long term dual registration agreements. Since that initial announcement, we have always been open and honest about our plans in both our communications to our supporters and the rugby league community in general.

The dual registration agreement has in fact only seen us take 3 players on long term dual registration agreements for the 2013 Kingstone Press Championship, in Jimmy Keinhorst, Jimmy Watson and Liam Hood.

Since our strategy was put in place it has become clear that other Kingstone Press Championship clubs would be using a much wider selection of dual registration options with Workington Town for example dual registering the entire Widnes Vikings squad.

We also note with interest that the high profile option of fielding Kylie Leuluai and Richard Moore in last week’s game at Leigh Centurions drew much attention. When In actual fact Dewsbury, Doncaster, Keighley, Swinton, Whitehaven, Workington and York all fielded dual registration players with over 100 Super League appearances between them at the weekend. Two of these players represented Dewsbury. This is not a criticism by any means, we are simply highlighting that this is happening across the majority of clubs. These clubs are operating within the rules, but it does outline that the change in our approach to dual registration is necessary to remain competitive.

It also outlines a significantly unfair and bias press attitude to the Hunslet and Leeds partnership given that we are operating no differently to a number of other partnerships. In fact we would like to place on record here the very positive way in which Gary Hetherington and his team at Leeds have approached our partnership.

Our key responsibility as a Board of Directors is to react quickly to changing circumstances to ensure we remain competitive and retain our current League status whilst maintaining financial sustainability and viability moving forward. To that end it would be foolish of any business not to maximise the opportunities available within its market place. Accordingly we will now look to do that by working closely with Leeds Rhinos to dual register other players where we feel that will offer a potential benefit to both clubs. It is important to note that all playing decisions at Hunslet Hawks will be the sole remit of our Director of Rugby Darren Williams and our Head Coach Barry Eaton.

In an ideal world of course, ourselves and all Championship clubs would not need to enter into partnerships or dual registration agreements. In our case as a 'supporter owned' club and without a significant benefactor or significant crowd levels we have to look to other means of sustainability to maintain and grow our club and more importantly to make Hunslet Hawks competitive on the field. To that end we make no apologies for acting within the rules.

#2 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

The rules are wrong. Keep abusing them and it simply highlights the fact.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#3 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

No need for 6 paragraphs. You could of just said we have no shame in using the system it keeps us in the Championship.

#4 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

No need for 6 paragraphs. You could of just said we have no shame in using the system it keeps us in the Championship.

Puts to bed your claim that Leeds have dual reg'd the full squad though.
Can't blame clubs wanting to stay up,maybe if dodgy Des hadn't ruined your club,you'd be doing the same.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 12 February 2013 - 12:03 PM.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#5 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Puts to bed your claim that Leeds have dual reg'd the full squad though.
Can't blame clubs wanting to stay up,maybe if dodgy Des hadn't ruined your club,you'd be doing the same.

Its still just as bad playing Richard Moore ect it doesn't make a difference if the whole squad is registered if these players can get a run out.

If dodgy Des had invested his money properly then we'd be in the position of featherstone so therefore wouldn't use the system. The situation we're now where we have one season to try and build a squad to compete with SL players is where we would be most likely to use it, yet we haven't. We can still link up with any club we want apart from Widnes and St Helens also yet we haven't.

#6 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Its still just as bad playing Richard Moore ect it doesn't make a difference if the whole squad is registered if these players can get a run out.

If dodgy Des had invested his money properly then we'd be in the position of featherstone so therefore wouldn't use the system. The situation we're now where we have one season to try and build a squad to compete with SL players is where we would be most likely to use it, yet we haven't. We can still link up with any club we want apart from Widnes and St Helens also yet we haven't.

Yet you kept stating that the whole squad was registered.you were quite simply,wrong,yet you fail to admit it.

#7 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

Yet you kept stating that the whole squad was registered.you were quite simply,wrong,yet you fail to admit it.

If their is only 4 registered how come kylie was going to play until the RFL stepped in? It's more of a statement of what they want you to hear than an actual truth statement.

#8 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

If their is only 4 registered how come kylie was going to play until the RFL stepped in? It's more of a statement of what they want you to hear than an actual truth statement.

Read it again,3 are on LONG TERM dual reg.Others may be registered as and when.Unlike other clubs,who have registered nearly whole squads.

#9 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

3 registered on long term dual reg deals, 1 on short term Richard Moore, 1 never happened Visa issues, read it again.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#10 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Read it again,3 are on LONG TERM dual reg.Others may be registered as and when.Unlike other clubs,who have registered nearly whole squads.

Mark my words if the muppet hetherington wants hunslet to field 10 first teamers they will FACT.

#11 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,861 posts

I see Gary's even writing the press releases now!

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#12 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Mark my words if the muppet hetherington wants hunslet to field 10 first teamers they will FACT.

Are you for real? :rolleyes:

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#13 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

I see Gary's even writing the press releases now!

No i wrote it, nothing to do with Leeds, Gary and the Leeds club got it same time you did.

#14 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

A "FACT",really,I'll have a pint of what you've just had :rolleyes:

#15 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Are you for real? :rolleyes:

Everyone knows what the DRs are for and where they are heading. So your telling me if the last game of the season and you need a win to stay up you won't have half the Leeds first team in your squad? Please

Edited by thundergaz, 12 February 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#16 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

Ill admit I got it wrong, but we'll see come the end of the season how many Leeds players play for Hunslet during 2013. My bets will be on nearer double figures than 4.

#17 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Ill admit I got it wrong, but we'll see come the end of the season how many Leeds players play for Hunslet during 2013. My bets will be on nearer double figures than 4.

We shall see.I suspect many clubs will have used more dual reg players.

#18 Grebo Guru

Grebo Guru
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Very sad to see the system being abused and then the clubs which aren't abusing it faced with an unlevel playing field on game day.

Anyone remember a club called Bramley who entered a similar arrangement with Leeds not so long ago?

#19 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Everyone knows what the DRs are for and where they are heading. So your telling me if the last game of the season and you need a win to stay up you won't have half the Leeds first team in your squad? Please

No we wont. because for one we can only have 5 players playing at any one time, which we already have 4 players, 3 who are young kids and 1 who is Richard Moore, which leaves one space left, can you please tell me how we could possibly play "Half the Leeds first team" in one available position?

#20 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

Again you can only play 5 at anyone time, never going to happen, have you not read the rules?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users