Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet Hawks Dual Registration Statement

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#21 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Again you can only play 5 at anyone time, never going to happen, have you not read the rules?

Swinton got round it I'm sure the rest of the SL Reserve teams will if needs be.

#22 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Very sad to see the system being abused and then the clubs which aren't abusing it faced with an unlevel playing field on game day.

Anyone remember a club called Bramley who entered a similar arrangement with Leeds not so long ago?

Dont think dual reg was around then, we dont play at Headingley, we have our own ground, so its not a similar arrangement?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#23 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

Swinton got round it I'm sure the rest of the SL Reserve teams will if needs be.

No, they still had 5 dual reg, and the rest were contracted Swinton players!

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#24 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

No, they still had 5 dual reg, and the rest were contracted Swinton players!

You are so blinkered beyond belief. Just let your club keep doing what they are doing and we will see where it ends up. I'm predicting disaster wish I could get 1000-1 on it but even the bookies won't take bets on it๐Ÿ˜‰

#25 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,710 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

That statement contains so much rubbish and it is easy to see why it took 6 paragraphs to write it.

Widnes made available for dual registration the majority of their playing staff with the exception of loan players and visa players. Workington didn't dual register anyone. This is no different to other other clubs taking different players week after week.

Where have Workington played players with over 100 SL appearances. First game they played they had one 20 year old player Declan Hulme and in the second game they had Hulme, Grant Gore and Ben Davies with only a handful of SL appearnces between them.

I don't see any mention of Hunslet working behind the scenes with Leeds and actually announcing their partnership before the Championship clubs meeting to discuss the proposal in September 2012. This statement just looks as if it is a weak example of saying "not us guv'".

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#26 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

You are so blinkered beyond belief. Just let your club keep doing what they are doing and we will see where it ends up. I'm predicting disaster wish I could get 1000-1 on it but even the bookies won't take bets on itํ ฝํธ‰

Blackpool Hawk is replying to your blinkered statements.If it does all end in disaster,it won't only be Hunslet and the other partnership clubs that suffer but yours too.Let's hope it doesn't.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#27 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Blackpool Hawk is replying to your blinkered statements.If it does all end in disaster,it won't only be Hunslet and the other partnership clubs that suffer but yours too.Let's hope it doesn't.

My club will still be standing even if the partnered clubs topple. ( Even if we have no one to play)I personally don't want any club to go out of business especially a fellow champ club. But this system is a recipe for disaster and making the champ comp comical beyond belief. Apart from the top 5 clubs the rest in the league will probably be in a false position come the end of the season..How can a club do business when they don't really know where their club stands?

#28 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

You are so blinkered beyond belief. Just let your club keep doing what they are doing and we will see where it ends up. I'm predicting disaster wish I could get 1000-1 on it but even the bookies won't take bets on itํ ฝํธ‰

How can i be blinkered when i clearly know a lot more about the facts of not only the dual reg system and how it works, but also Hunslet Hawks. You continue to post stupid statements on here with no knowledge of what it is your talking about, or no facts to back up your statements. You obviously are against dual reg, and that's your opinion and your entitled to it, but posting non factual, hear say statements based on nothing more than conspiracy theories makes you look stupid and belittles your argument against dual reg.

#29 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

My club will still be standing even if the partnered clubs topple. ( Even if we have no one to play)I personally don't want any club to go out of business especially a fellow champ club. But this system is a recipe for disaster and making the champ comp comical beyond belief. Apart from the top 5 clubs the rest in the league will probably be in a false position come the end of the season..How can a club do business when they don't really know where their club stands?

Is that another "FACT"?

#30 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,710 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

No we wont. because for one we can only have 5 players playing at any one time, which we already have 4 players, 3 who are young kids and 1 who is Richard Moore, which leaves one space left, can you please tell me how we could possibly play "Half the Leeds first team" in one available position?

Clubs can register players week by week there isn't such a thing as a long term dual registration, just dual registration full stop. A player registered on the first day of the season is registered just the same as someone halfway through the season. Hunslet can get other players if some of those that they are using are injured, can't they? Although your statement says Widnes dual registered the whole of their squad to Workington, other clubs could use more dual registered players over the course of the season.

Edited by Keith T, 12 February 2013 - 12:51 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#31 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Is that another "FACT"?

Your all for this system because it doesn't effect your comp or your team the whinos. It's a win win situation for the SL clubs at the expense of the champ clubs. But as long as the elite teams are fine who cares hey?

#32 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Your all for this system because it doesn't effect your comp or your team the whinos. It's a win win situation for the SL clubs at the expense of the champ clubs. But as long as the elite teams are fine who cares hey?

Wrong again,I'm for strong links between clubs and these partnerships do just that,it's not only about players but using other resources and facilities.Shown your true light there calling Leeds the "whinos".

#33 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

A minor point, but York's DR players had 55 Superleague appearances between them, not 100+

40 of those were by Joe Arundel.
Posted Image

#34 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

You are so blinkered beyond belief.

And why shouldn't he be? He's a director and supporter of Hunslet, I don't know about you but I'd do anything necessary to keep my club afloat and competing. Just give it a rest man, you must have written nigh on 200 posts regarding dual-reg and it doesn't concern you or your club one bit. Go for a walk or something.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#35 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,654 posts

Wrong again,I'm for strong links between clubs and these partnerships do just that,it's not only about players but using other resources and facilities.Shown your true light there calling Leeds the "whinos".

Ok then if your for the string links as you say and probably most SL fans would say the same I'm guessing. Why haven't you so called fans gone to watch your reserve teams and supported them which it's the gate money they really need not your facilities or your players.

#36 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,167 posts

Everyone else is doing it so we are too. That's always a good justification for your actions. <_<

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#37 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Ok then if your for the string links as you say and probably most SL fans would say the same I'm guessing. Why haven't you so called fans gone to watch your reserve teams and supported them which it's the gate money they really need not your facilities or your players.

2 players doesn't make a reserve team.How do you know i haven't been to watch not only Hunslet but other teams too?

#38 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

2 players doesn't make a reserve team.How do you know i haven't been to watch not only Hunslet but other teams too?

So you put the one on the 490 hunslet got at their last home game? ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

#39 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Oh, and now my club has equalled the number of wins we got last year thanks to the help of a few young lads from Hull on dual-reg, I can now state that dual-reg has been very good for us, so knackers to what anyone else thinks.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#40 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

So you put the one on the 490 hunslet got at their last home game? ํ ฝํธ„ํ ฝํธ„ํ ฝํธ„

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users