Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet Hawks Dual Registration Statement

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#41 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

And why shouldn't he be? He's a director and supporter of Hunslet, I don't know about you but I'd do anything necessary to keep my club afloat and competing. Just give it a rest man, you must have written nigh on 200 posts regarding dual-reg and it doesn't concern you or your club one bit. Go for a walk or something.

It would have been better for him not to have written anything than to include other clubs the way he has.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#42 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

That statement contains so much rubbish and it is easy to see why it took 6 paragraphs to write it.

Widnes made available for dual registration the majority of their playing staff with the exception of loan players and visa players. Workington didn't dual register anyone. This is no different to other other clubs taking different players week after week.

Where have Workington played players with over 100 SL appearances. First game they played they had one 20 year old player Declan Hulme and in the second game they had Hulme, Grant Gore and Ben Davies with only a handful of SL appearnces between them.

I don't see any mention of Hunslet working behind the scenes with Leeds and actually announcing their partnership before the Championship clubs meeting to discuss the proposal in September 2012. This statement just looks as if it is a weak example of saying "not us guv'".

So Workington have played 4 dual reg players in two games? is that correct? Hunslet have played 4 dual reg players in two games, so can you please let me know how that makes Hunslet the bad guys?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#43 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

I'm disgusted with my club Swinton for how they have interpreted the dual reg arrangement.Wont be attending another game until the rules are amended by the RFL.

#44 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

A minor point, but York's DR players had 55 Superleague appearances between them, not 100+

40 of those were by Joe Arundel.

When In actual fact Dewsbury, Doncaster, Keighley, Swinton, Whitehaven, Workington and York all fielded dual registration players with over 100 Super League appearances between them at the weekend.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#45 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

There's a huge difference between playing 3 or 4 players who have 50 odd SL games between them and trying to play a player who has well over 100 appearances and a few GFs on his own, especially when said player is still very much one of the first choice players for hs parent club.

#46 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

I'm just waiting for the day one of these pesky little upstart clubs who've borrowed a couple of players have the audacity to beat the mighty Fev, then I reckon these boards may just turn themselves inside out.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#47 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

So Workington have played 4 dual reg players in two games? is that correct? Hunslet have played 4 dual reg players in two games, so can you please let me know how that makes Hunslet the bad guys?

One player (20year old) played in both games and two other (21 and 23 yrs old) played in the second game and I am not making Hunslet out to be the bad guys over that other than I couldn't see what including Workington in your argument had to do with your statement.

As I said why don't you make a statement outlining how you were setting up your "partnership" with Leeds before the matter had even been discussed fully in a Championship clubs meeting in September. You had announced your partnership prior to that meeting.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#48 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

I'm just waiting for the day one of these pesky little upstart clubs who've borrowed a couple of players have the audacity to beat the mighty Fev, then I reckon these boards may just turn themselves inside out.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#49 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

The ONE division where there really was something to play for and the RFL have even managed to **** that up too!

#50 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Again you can only play 5 at anyone time, never going to happen, have you not read the rules?

I meant as in play for Hunslet during the 2013 season, not in one game.

#51 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

You need the sinfields and burrows of the game to upset the apple cart. But just say they do its not the yorks, hunslets of this world that will have beaten us is it? It's the whinos, hulls of this world that will have beaten us so nothing to be ashamed of really is there if one of these clubs turn us over?

#52 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

You need the sinfields and burrows of the game to upset the apple cart. But just say they do its not the yorks, hunslets of this world that will have beaten us is it? It's the whinos, hulls of this world that will have beaten us so nothing to be ashamed of really is there if one of these clubs turn us over?

Arrogance beyond belief,what if Hunslet beat Fev with two dual reg players,Watson and Hood, players who have very little SL experience.Surely then it's down to the Hunslet players.

#53 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

You need the sinfields and burrows of the game to upset the apple cart.

Dewsbury very nearly did on Sunday though didn't they, and they would have done if Alibert had got the right call. Although you won't have gone to that game would you, what with you not going to any games at the grounds of feeder clubs 'cos you don't want to put money in SL clubs pockets etc etc ad nauseam

Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#54 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

Arrogance beyond belief,what if Hunslet beat Fev with two dual reg players,Watson and Hood, players who have very little SL experience.Surely then it's down to the Hunslet players.

If that is the case then I will stand corrected. As for arrogance not at all. We were once in the situation these clubs are in probably a worse position and we fought tooth and nail to stop the merger/ feeder club system and all the hard work we did seems to have been forgotten by these teams linking up. The RFL and SL clubs have wanted this for a long time and now they have their wish. As long as the elite can survive who cares if the hunslets of this world dissapear to keep them afloat? It's just disgusting how the teams outside the elite league are treated. Us for instance we have to jump through flaming red hot hoops to get in SL where some clubs haven't had to lift a finger and their in. If you are in the elite or fit the expansion bracket your safe or in.

#55 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

How are clubs like Hunslet disappearing,they have their own Stadium,etc,they are in a partnership with another club,not only sharing players but other resources.So far you haven't used one fact to back up your views.

#56 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Dewsbury very nearly did on Sunday though didn't they, and they would have done if Alibert had got the right call. Although you won't have gone to that game would you, what with you not going to any games at the grounds of feeder clubs 'cos you don't want to put money in SL clubs pockets etc etc ad nauseam

I didn't attended the game and won't be attending any feeder clubs grounds this season as I don't agree with the DR system so I definitely am not going to fund it.

#57 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,344 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Having read that statement, I think Hunslet would have been better off simply not saying anything.

It sounds like some kind of guilty self-justification along the lines of we're-not-worse-than-any-of-the-others-who-are-doing-it.

The system is wrong.

It's not Hunslet's fault.

But it's still wrong.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#58 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

How are clubs like Hunslet disappearing,they have their own Stadium,etc,they are in a partnership with another club,not only sharing players but other resources.So far you haven't used one fact to back up your views.

I didn't say they were disappearing. I'm just saying if they do, do you honestly think the SL clubs and RFL who are involved in this will care as long as the SL clubs save a few quid and stay afloat?

#59 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

I didn't say they were disappearing. I'm just saying if they do, do you honestly think the SL clubs and RFL who are involved in this will care as long as the SL clubs save a few quid and stay afloat?

Yes.

#60 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

I didn't attended the game and won't be attending any feeder clubs grounds this season as I don't agree with the DR system so I definitely am not going to fund it.

I don't agree with tax avoidance (which is one of the things funding Fev incidentally) but I'm still going to go to your ground, as I support my team and I'm not petty and pathetic.

alldesignandprint.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users