Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet Hawks Dual Registration Statement

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#81 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Great if you're in the team. Not so good if your place is taken.

And, of course, half the teams lose every week - draws excepted, obviously.

But we have squad of 30 contracted player any way so that means 13 missing out every week, i am sure their not happy every week they dont play.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#82 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

But we have squad of 30 contracted player any way so that means 13 missing out every week, i am sure their not happy every week they dont play.

And that's why you will be DR ing more whinos players before you know it because the players that are not getting a game will eventually get fed up and want to leave. See what I mean its very large swings and small roundabouts.

#83 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,056 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

And that's why you will be DR ing more whinos players before you know it because the players that are not getting a game will eventually get fed up and want to leave. See what I mean its very large swings and small roundabouts.

Even if they didn't have DR players would not be selected. :rolleyes:
Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#84 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Even if they didn't have DR players would not be selected. :rolleyes:

But 5 more contracted players would get a game. Plus the other contracted players would find it easier to take a place off another contracted player than a seasoned SL player.

#85 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

:rolleyes:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#86 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,056 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

But 5 more contracted players would get a game. Plus the other contracted players would find it easier to take a place off another contracted player than a seasoned SL player.

Hunslet haven't played 5 DR players in a game,that's the maximum amount they can have playing.Still not actually stating any facts are you.

#87 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Hunslet haven't played 5 DR players in a game,that's the maximum amount they can have playing.Still not actually stating any facts are you.

But that's what I'm getting at every link up team in the champ will be fielding a reserve SL team before long. The RFL haven't put any rules to this only that you can only DR 5 players. Right an example for you. Lets say hunslet are in the last game of the season and needed to win the game to stay up and Leeds sent them burrows, McGuire , sinfield , Zak and hall so they could stay up and protect leeds's interests. Would you say that's fair on the team they are playing and the comp itself?

#88 brooza

brooza
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

But that's what I'm getting at every link up team in the champ will be fielding a reserve SL team before long. The RFL haven't put any rules to this only that you can only DR 5 players. Right an example for you. Lets say hunslet are in the last game of the season and needed to win the game to stay up and Leeds sent them burrows, McGuire , sinfield , Zak and hall so they could stay up and protect leeds's interests. Would you say that's fair on the team they are playing and the comp itself?

I get the feeling Leeds would prefer to have them playing for Leeds, particularly as that's the start of the season

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#89 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

I get the feeling Leeds would prefer to have them playing for Leeds, particularly as that's the start of the season

Hey? If hunslet were in a relegation battle their season would be over before the SL play offs started so Leeds could send them any 5 players they wished to keep them in the champ.

#90 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,056 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

You can only have 5 DR players in a game.It has gone up from 4.By the way it's BURROW (no "s" )
Again,you have no factual base for saying that they will be reserve teams.
If that was the case,i hope it's against the mighty Fev,you'd explode ;)

#91 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,678 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

You can only have 5 DR players in a game.It has gone up from 4.By the way it's BURROW (no "s" )
Again,you have no factual base for saying that they will be reserve teams.
If that was the case,i hope it's against the mighty Fev,you'd explode ;)

Jesting apart, that is one of the main drawbacks of this system though. The rules state that there is no fixed number on SL players that can be dual registered with a Championship club, so in effect every player at each SL club (except loan players and overseas players with visas) can be a dual registered player. Championship clubs at the moment claiming only to have 4 or 5 players dual registered are wrong as if say 2 or 3 of them got injured they would be replaced by 2 or 3 others and the number goes up accordingly. So, what thundergaz is saying is a possibility but I would suggest unlikely to happen.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#92 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,056 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Jesting apart, that is one of the main drawbacks of this system though. The rules state that there is no fixed number on SL players that can be dual registered with a Championship club, so in effect every player at each SL club (except loan players and overseas players with visas) can be a dual registered player. Championship clubs at the moment claiming only to have 4 or 5 players dual registered are wrong as if say 2 or 3 of them got injured they would be replaced by 2 or 3 others and the number goes up accordingly. So, what thundergaz is saying is a possibility but I would suggest unlikely to happen.

It's not players registered,it's actual players playing.

#93 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,678 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

There is nothing to stop the five players that thundergaz named actually playing as long as they are officially registered with the RFL which is a simple matter of filling in a form.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#94 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Do you see it just staying at 5 though in the future? I don't before long we will see champ clubs full of SL players.

#95 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,056 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Do you see it just staying at 5 though in the future? I don't before long we will see champ clubs full of SL players.

Yes I do.

#96 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,056 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

There is nothing to stop the five players that thundergaz named actually playing as long as they are officially registered with the RFL which is a simple matter of filling in a form.

True,but highly unlikely.

#97 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

I agree it is but if hunslet are a good asset to Leeds I can see it happening to protect leeds's interests.But it's not just Leeds and hunslet the rest could do the same especially the ones who have all the SL clubs squad registered.

Edited by thundergaz, 12 February 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#98 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,678 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

As I said, unlikely, but what sort of a system is it that could allow that to happen? Much has been said about only playing 5 DR players or 5 loan players or a combination of both up to 5, but those 5 can be any five from the SL clubs registered players and that brings in your Woods, Leuluai's, Gardner's, Moore's, etc, in to the equation.

#99 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,056 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

As I said, unlikely, but what sort of a system is it that could allow that to happen? Much has been said about only playing 5 DR players or 5 loan players or a combination of both up to 5, but those 5 can be any five from the SL clubs registered players and that brings in your Woods, Leuluai's, Gardner's, Moore's, etc, in to the equation.

That is something for the RFL to deal with.

#100 Pride & Heritage

Pride & Heritage
  • Coach
  • 464 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

That is something for the RFL to deal with.

It should be, but sadly the RFL have put this Swiss cheese of a system in, in the first place. The original system worked really well, the only lads you could DR were players under 23 years of age, so why mess about with it?

They have only introduced this to save the SL clubs £100k a season, but that is all the RFL are bothered about, they haven't given two hoots for anything outside of SL for years. What they have effectively done is valued the whole of the Championship at £1.4M.

The sooner Hetherington is out of the sport the better it will be for all concerned. After all it was his big idea back in 2011, just like the mergers was!

Edited by Pride & Heritage, 12 February 2013 - 05:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users