Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet Hawks Dual Registration Statement

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#101 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 256 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Fans will walk away from the game.

Seven of us went to watch Keighley as a group,now that is down to five because of this link up shenanigans ,and I'm one of them that has called it a day.Its a sad time for RL

#102 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,000 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

When In actual fact Dewsbury, Doncaster, Keighley, Swinton, Whitehaven, Workington and York all fielded dual registration players with over 100 Super League appearances between them at the weekend.

Hardly difficult seeing as Ade Gardner played for Haven and has probably played more than 100 SL games himself
My 2nd best hero - Jamie "Super Noodles" Peacock, but he'll never overtake my dad.....

#103 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,357 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

No I wrote it....

:o

What did you tell them that for? All you were going to get is a load of griff (sorry Griff) erm grief.

The whole purpose of a press release is to facelessly hide behind it and keep referring to it if pressed.

You didn't hold the line for long BH.

As long as independent CC fans are frightened dual reg CC clubs with SL players will start beating them knocking them out of the queue for Superleague you won't win.

As it stands no effect on Fev Leigh and Fax yet...........

#104 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,357 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

They have only introduced this to save the SL clubs £100k a season, but that is all the RFL are bothered about, they haven't given two hoots for anything outside of SL for years.

I'd hope the RFL are highly bothered about SL, without it the game would be in tatters.

#105 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

I'd hope the RFL are highly bothered about SL, without it the game would be in tatters.

I disagree the champ was a great comp till the RFL got hold of it. It's the same with everything they touch it goes belly up.

#106 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

:o
As long as independent CC fans are frightened dual reg CC clubs with SL players will start beating them knocking them out of the queue for Superleague you won't win.

As it stands no effect on Fev Leigh and Fax yet...........

Rubbish Parky, I'm surprised at you. It's got absolutely nothing to do with independent CC clubs being frightened. The system is reducing a fantastic competition to an A team league as you yourself have stated more than once. There won't be any effect on Fev, Fax, Sheffield or Leigh. Hard graft and astute business practice are commodities which are available to all clubs. Some of these feeder outfits could learn a lot from the aforementioned clubs.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#107 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,357 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

I disagree the champ was a great comp till the RFL got hold of it.

Oh give up. Your fed up with it and want to be off to Superleague.

When you get there you'll want the RFL to be bothered about you.

You'll want to be DR'd with Cas.

#108 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,630 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

So if Hunslet had a few fringe players from Leeds would they class as part of a wolfpack?

Looks like they were trying ti field players who were a bit more than fringe.

#109 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,357 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

1. Rubbish Parky, I'm surprised at you.

2. It's got absolutely nothing to do with independent CC clubs being frightened.

3. The system is reducing a fantastic competition to an A team league as you yourself have stated more than once. There won't be any effect on Fev, Fax, Sheffield or Leigh.

4. Hard graft and astute business practice are commodities which are available to all clubs. Some of these feeder outfits could learn a lot from the aforementioned clubs.

1. I can do rubbish as well as the next man.

2. Rubbish - you can smell the fear off the pages of what Powell and Aston wrote and others are typing.

3. Well that's all right then isn't it??

There's no need for this big fuss is it's not going to change things is there. The top four can battle away for SL and the rest can do what they want. The Championship isn't that fantastic a competition when it contains four Superleague wannabees who want promotion not cups, and ten clubs running scared of demotion.

4. Rubbish Terry, put these clubs in SL and ask them to find a £4M+ turnover and compete and watch them struggle.

#110 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Oh give up. Your fed up with it and want to be off to Superleague.

When you get there you'll want the RFL to be bothered about you.

You'll want to be DR'd with Cas.

Where have I ever stated I'm fed up with the champ? Our BOD want SL and are probably fed up with the champ but that's not me is it? Every Fev fan would probably love c@s to be our feeder club I guess. ( Which is a real possability i guess) But I'm totally against the system so for me no I wouldn't be happy us gaining at another clubs expense.

#111 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,357 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Where have I ever stated I'm fed up with the champ? Our BOD want SL and are probably fed up with the champ but that's not me is it? Every Fev fan would probably love c@s to be our feeder club I guess. ( Which is a real possability i guess) But I'm totally against the system so for me no I wouldn't be happy us gaining at another clubs expense.

If Fev were sitting where Blackpool Hawk is you'd soon be for it.

#112 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

If Fev were sitting where Blackpool Hawk is you'd soon be for it.

Do you forget we have been their and probably in a worse state than most of the CC link up clubs? We fought tooth and nail to stop our club going down the merger/feeder route. Why would we change our opinions now if we were in that position again?

Edited by thundergaz, 12 February 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#113 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

1. I can do rubbish as well as the next man.

2. Rubbish - you can smell the fear off the pages of what Powell and Aston wrote and others are typing.

3. Well that's all right then isn't it??

There's no need for this big fuss is it's not going to change things is there. The top four can battle away for SL and the rest can do what they want. The Championship isn't that fantastic a competition when it contains four Superleague wannabees who want promotion not cups, and ten clubs running scared of demotion.

4. Rubbish Terry, put these clubs in SL and ask them to find a £4M+ turnover and compete and watch them struggle.

1. Obviously

2. Fear of what? Their only fear is for the integrity and credibility of the Championship and a proper efficient pathway for young talent to prevail whether it be towards SL or Championship. Their other concern is the policing of the salary cap as it's not fit for purpose anymore. If its not important then remove it altogether.

3. No, it's not alright for the Championship to become an A team league. Fev, Fax etc will always be stronger than any reserve side but that doesn't make it right. The competition has been cheapened.

4. I wasn't talking about being successful in SL as I suspect you did realise. Only one, if any, of the independent clubs will make SL anyway. Fev et al have excelled without anyone's help due to being well run entities at Championship level through their own busines skills and hard graft. As I said, commodities available to all.

#114 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,136 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

I disagree the champ was a great comp till the RFL got hold of it. It's the same with everything they touch it goes belly up.

havent they always had hold of it?

#115 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

havent they always had hold of it?

Yes but they never tinkered with it for a long time till now and look what's happened now they've touched it😉

#116 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,357 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Fear of what?

They were worried about the value of talent available to rival clubs, I read it.

ANYWAY just looked on the Leeds Rhinos Website and Hunslet's game against Leigh plus a photo of a Hunslet player appears on there.

It's like they're married.

Family of RL??

#117 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Rubbish Parky, I'm surprised at you. It's got absolutely nothing to do with independent CC clubs being frightened. The system is reducing a fantastic competition to an A team league as you yourself have stated more than once. There won't be any effect on Fev, Fax, Sheffield or Leigh. Hard graft and astute business practice are commodities which are available to all clubs. Some of these feeder outfits could learn a lot from the aforementioned clubs.

Leigh, astute business practice? Heard it all now, Is over spending and getting the buckets out a commodity? Give me using dual reg, than putting my club at the risk to the tax man anyday!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#118 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Leigh, astute business practice? Heard it all now, Is over spending and getting the buckets out a commodity? Give me using dual reg, than putting my club at the risk to the tax man anyday!

Leigh have got their house in order big style. To be fair the Arthur Thomas situation was unavoidable and even he didn't see it coming. Leigh have since worked a minor miracle. Credit to them.

#119 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

They were worried about the value of talent available to rival clubs, I read it.

ANYWAY just looked on the Leeds Rhinos Website and Hunslet's game against Leigh plus a photo of a Hunslet player appears on there.

It's like they're married.

Family of RL??

Can't buy that exposure, wait till Harry Hawk is running up and down the touchline with Ronnie Rhino at Headingley Friday nights ;)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#120 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

I'm sure there'll be clips of our second string (under 19 and under 20's) on the Rovers website when their season starts. Hunslet have sold their identity to the Rhinos for the privilege sorry to say.