Hunslet Hawks Dual Registration Statement

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,603 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

They were in a partnership with Leeds as well similar to yours.

Still not explained how it was similar to Hunslets.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#22 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Did'nt Leeds help Bramley out when they lost there ground and said they could use Headingley............What big ears you've got Grandma and the cheques in the post , I think Bramley should have had a contract drawn up to be honest.........fell right into Leeds hands...

#23 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Nobody can complain about Hunslet (or others) working within the rules. We at Leigh have used a number of D/R's over the past two seasons, because we can't afford (honestly) to assemble a squad of more than 23 players on our strict budget. The difference is that, up to this season, the rule has clearly stipulated younger S/L players - and I feel everyone benefits from that; the SL club (as always!), the Championship club, and most importantly, the young player who got to play a better standard than S/L under 23's.

Up to last week, you had originally signed four young D/C's from the Rhinos - Hood, Keinhorst, Watson and Sunley. However, Leeds' attempt to saddle you with Leuluai and Moore is obviously a short-term strategy on their part. (as is Warrington's with Wood and McCarthy; or St Helens with Gardner) I can fully understand your desire to be competitive, and keep up with everyone else that is doing it, but what happens when the SL club wants its players back? The best illustration of this is the way that Swinton/Warrington have abused the spirit of the rule - are we seriously expected to believe that FIVE of Warrington squad have signed permanent contracts at Swinton? What happens come Easter weekend, when Warrington's resources are stretched by two games in four days? I know what happened when we had D/C's from them - they took them all back. Are these 'permanent' signings to be allowed to play for Swinton in the Challenge Cup, and become 'cup-tied', so that they are barred from representing Warrington who are far more likely to go to Wembley than Swinton? When McCarthy was on D/C with us, a couple of years ago, he played at Wembley, as did Keinhorst last year. What will Swinton do if/when Warrington want their players back?

What is the attitude of your squad players, at having trained throughout the pre-season, and then not getting a game? I know what the reaction of trhe Leigh players is - they don't like it!

Also, in creating the 'partnership' ruling on D/C's, the likes of Leigh, Featherstone, Halifax, Sheffield and Barrow are NOT ALLOWED any D/C players. Is that not a restriction of trade? What happens if there is an injury crisis at one of those clubs?

We requested one of the Warrington youngsters on loan, but were told he would only be loaned to a S/L club, at this stage of his development. He then turned out for Swinton! Surely you can't have one rule for some and not for others?

The whole thing is the usual RFL mess! I say let's revert to the original spirit of D/C's and treat everyone equally. And let's not bend over backwards, to help the SL clubs. Remember, they started this fiasco, by jettisoning their under 23 squads.

P.S. Good luck for the rest of this season

Edited by AlanE, 12 February 2013 - 05:24 PM.

#24 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

Alan didnt Richard Moore play for you on loan not so long ago?
Posted Image

#25 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Two points about the statement you have issued.

1. It sounds like you are saying that you had to take the dual registered SL- Championship link up because others were doing it and you didn't want to be left behind when in actual fact you and Leeds linked up before any other clubs. In fact you linked up and announced it prior to the Championship clubs meeting in September to discuss the matter. SL clubs had been discussing this since April 2012 in various meetings.

2. Mentioning other clubs without checking the details of what you were saying doesn't exactly do you any favours with those clubs. Much was said about Widnes making their entire squad (except loan players and visa players) available for dual registering and many took this as if Workington would be using all these players at some time. However, in 2 games Town have used a 20 year old who has yet to play in SL in 2 games and a 21 year old with 1 SL game and a 23 year old with 5 SL games to his credit, that have played in 1 game each. Each club that has a link up can change the 5 DR players every week if they so wish as long as the SL club makes them available so there is no difference.

Last year we had dual registered players that became unavailable at the discretion of the SL clubs and we were left short of players at the end of the season, culminating in our infamous defeat at Gateshead with only 15 players (two out of retirement, a 17 year old prop on the wing and others out of position and two injured players named on the subs bench to avoid getting a fine). The only thing wrong with the system last year was this sort of thing brought about by SL clubs withdrawing their players at the wrong times. If this sort of problem had been discussed properly by the Championship clubs at constituted meetings then we may have come up with a better system than last years and certainly better than this years. However, once one partnership was announced that was it, others jumped on the bandwagon and we are where we are.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#26 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,497 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Two points about the statement you have issued.

1. It sounds like you are saying that you had to take the dual registered SL- Championship link up because others were doing it and you didn't want to be left behind when in actual fact you and Leeds linked up before any other clubs. In fact you linked up and announced it prior to the Championship clubs meeting in September to discuss the matter. SL clubs had been discussing this since April 2012 in various meetings.

2. Mentioning other clubs without checking the details of what you were saying doesn't exactly do you any favours with those clubs. Much was said about Widnes making their entire squad (except loan players and visa players) available for dual registering and many took this as if Workington would be using all these players at some time. However, in 2 games Town have used a 20 year old who has yet to play in SL in 2 games and a 21 year old with 1 SL game and a 23 year old with 5 SL games to his credit, that have played in 1 game each. Each club that has a link up can change the 5 DR players every week if they so wish as long as the SL club makes them available so there is no difference.

Last year we had dual registered players that became unavailable at the discretion of the SL clubs and we were left short of players at the end of the season, culminating in our infamous defeat at Gateshead with only 15 players (two out of retirement, a 17 year old prop on the wing and others out of position and two injured players named on the subs bench to avoid getting a fine). The only thing wrong with the system last year was this sort of thing brought about by SL clubs withdrawing their players at the wrong times. If this sort of problem had been discussed properly by the Championship clubs at constituted meetings then we may have come up with a better system than last years and certainly better than this years. However, once one partnership was announced that was it, others jumped on the bandwagon and we are where we are.

1, what evidence have you to back this claim up? And even if true, maybe Hunslet should be applauded for seeing what was on the horizon, and taking prompt action to make sure if we did indeed have to partner with a super league club, that we made sure that we partnered with the biggest and most successful club of the modern era?

2, I've checked the details of the Workington / Widnes and both clubs have stated that Workington have indeed dual registered all the Widnes sqaud bar oversees players so I don't see how you can misconstrue our quote to be anything than the truth?

3, you can try and blame Hunslet all you want but I know full well that ALL championship club had the opportunity to speak up and either say yes or no to dual reg, which 4 clubs did, Workington said yes, so ul have to deal with it, accept that it was your clubs OWN choice, just like it was the HIST boards own choice to go into partnership, it just turns out we got the world champions you got a Widnes, that's just how it goes!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#27 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

1, what evidence have you to back this claim up? And even if true, maybe Hunslet should be applauded for seeing what was on the horizon, and taking prompt action to make sure if we did indeed have to partner with a super league club, that we made sure that we partnered with the biggest and most successful club of the modern era?

2, I've checked the details of the Workington / Widnes and both clubs have stated that Workington have indeed dual registered all the Widnes sqaud bar oversees players so I don't see how you can misconstrue our quote to be anything than the truth?

3, you can try and blame Hunslet all you want but I know full well that ALL championship club had the opportunity to speak up and either say yes or no to dual reg, which 4 clubs did, Workington said yes, so ul have to deal with it, accept that it was your clubs OWN choice, just like it was the HIST boards own choice to go into partnership, it just turns out we got the world champions you got a Widnes, that's just how it goes!

1. Try reading this from the RFL website - RFL News dated 10th February 2012 (sorry I can't get the link to work)

2. Your statement was to give the impression that Workington were using players with a lot of SL experience when they haven't done anything of the sort.

3. I am not blaming Hunslet for anything other than you trying to make out that it was because of other clubs forming these partnerships that caused Hunslet to form one with Leeds, when in actual fact you were the first.

I don't suppose you had any choice either seeing as it was Mr Hetherington's pet subject. ;) ;)

Edited by Keith T, 12 February 2013 - 08:04 PM.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#28 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Firstly well done to HIST for issuing this statement and keeping OUR fans aware of the thought process.
Secondly well done to HIST for reacting to what appears to be an ever changing situation.

However, the feedback that must go from our club and others back to the RFL is "get your act sorted out and give some clear direction". The situation which has unfolded is just not good enough for a professional sport where fans pay good money to watch.

If fans can come up with flaws in the system in a few exchanges on a forum what process, if any, did the RFL go through in determining the rules.

It would be nice to hear a view from the RFL press officer. That is who angry fans should be venting their feelings to, not Hunslet.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#29 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

just because fans think they find flaws, it doesn't mean that the clubs/rfl view them as flaws.

#30 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Firstly well done to HIST for issuing this statement and keeping OUR fans aware of the thought process.
Secondly well done to HIST for reacting to what appears to be an ever changing situation.

However, the feedback that must go from our club and others back to the RFL is "get your act sorted out and give some clear direction". The situation which has unfolded is just not good enough for a professional sport where fans pay good money to watch.

If fans can come up with flaws in the system in a few exchanges on a forum what process, if any, did the RFL go through in determining the rules.

It would be nice to hear a view from the RFL press officer. That is who angry fans should be venting their feelings to, not Hunslet.

The RFL have a rule book which they refer to Cas Hawk its in Australia B)

#31 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

I think a lot of people have got very short memory .It was just a short time ago the headlines in the papers and the news about the MPS expenses and the millionaires paying next to know tax all within the rules but do you honestly think that was right ??????

#32 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,497 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

1. Try reading this from the RFL website - RFL News dated 10th February 2012 (sorry I can't get the link to work)

2. Your statement was to give the impression that Workington were using players with a lot of SL experience when they haven't done anything of the sort.

3. I am not blaming Hunslet for anything other than you trying to make out that it was because of other clubs forming these partnerships that caused Hunslet to form one with Leeds, when in actual fact you were the first.

I don't suppose you had any choice either seeing as it was Mr Hetherington's pet subject. ;) ;)

Hunslet Hawks, innovators not imitators ;)

All the best for the season!

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#33 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Or even instigators!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#34 firebasher

firebasher
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hunslet Whino's, Hetheringtons ##### !!

#35 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,603 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Hunslet Whino's, Hetheringtons ##### !!

A very informed,erudite post,well done.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#36 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Well, fellow supporters of Championship clubs, what a sad and depressing read this thread makes.

I see it is also "trending" on the main TRL site but I haven't summoned up the courage to go in and read it.

The fact that most of the posts are intelligent and make perfectly valid points in their own way just highlights how totally ludicrous this dual-reg so-called "system" has become. It's like the Wild West, with rules and interpretations seemingly being made up on an on-going basis.

And as a result we now have

i) supporters of the same club divided as to whether dual-reg is good for them
ii) supporters of twinned clubs arguing with each other as to the way they're using dual-reg
iii) supporters of non-twinned clubs arguing with those of twinned clubs arguing whether anybody should even use dual-reg at all

Not good at all, and even though we're told everything that is happening is "within the rules", there is the very real risk that if things go on this way, the Championship is in danger of tearing itself apart.

I'm worried now that the RFL's "wait till the end of the season" stance might be too late, and no matter who you support, every club in the Championship deserves better. We desperately need some fair and proper governance in place NOW ... but unfortunately the slim chances of that happening makes me even more worried.

.. I think I'd better go back and read the moths thread again now to cheer myself up :(

#37 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,497 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Well, fellow supporters of Championship clubs, what a sad and depressing read this thread makes.

I see it is also "trending" on the main TRL site but I haven't summoned up the courage to go in and read it.

The fact that most of the posts are intelligent and make perfectly valid points in their own way just highlights how totally ludicrous this dual-reg so-called "system" has become. It's like the Wild West, with rules and interpretations seemingly being made up on an on-going basis.

And as a result we now have

i) supporters of the same club divided as to whether dual-reg is good for them
ii) supporters of twinned clubs arguing with each other as to the way they're using dual-reg
iii) supporters of non-twinned clubs arguing with those of twinned clubs arguing whether anybody should even use dual-reg at all

Not good at all, and even though we're told everything that is happening is "within the rules", there is the very real risk that if things go on this way, the Championship is in danger of tearing itself apart.

I'm worried now that the RFL's "wait till the end of the season" stance might be too late, and no matter who you support, every club in the Championship deserves better. We desperately need some fair and proper governance in place NOW ... but unfortunately the slim chances of that happening makes me even more worried.

.. I think I'd better go back and read the moths thread again now to cheer myself up :(

When in doubt read about moths ;)

#38 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Alan didnt Richard Moore play for you on loan not so long ago?

No, he was actually one of our signed players for our (in) famous Sooper Dooper League season in 2005, when his main contribution was to press the self-destruct button at every opportunity! Since then he has learned a lesson, overcome a terrible illness and looked an impressive athlete on Sunday.

Having been impressed with his display, where it looked as though the game meant something to him, I still don't think he should be allowed to play in the Championship. In all honesty, I would feel the same if we were to have someone like him as a D/C. (if we were allowed to have any, that is! ;) )

#39 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

When in doubt read about moths ;)

Hunslet Hawks ... the natural choice of lepidopterists everywhere ;)

#40 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,497 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Hunslet Hawks ... the natural choice of lepidopterists everywhere ;)

Gary Hetherington has just informed us we must rebrand to "Hunslet Moths" and our mascot should be "Mathew Moth" if we do this we will have an unlimited amount of moths available on dual reg! Ralph Rimmer has said that dual reg for moths is beneficial not only for the moth outside its natural habitat but will benefit the moths development in the long run

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users