TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet Hawks Dual Registration Statement

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Hunslet Hawks ... the natural choice of lepidopterists everywhere ;)

They say that February is the coldest moth , were on the wrong page here , keep getting drawn towards the brightest topic

#42 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

nevermind moths rick, remember the toad scenes from the league of gentlemen...
Posted Image

#43 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

nevermind moths rick, remember the toad scenes from the league of gentlemen...

Class Steve pure class , Don't mention the F-word..........

#44 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

In this Forum we never mention the F word rick, as Papa Lazarou would say to the Rhinos- you,re my players - Now
Posted Image

#45 Ironhawk

Ironhawk
  • Coach
  • 738 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

Your a couple of real educated Dudes :lol: :lol: :lol:
Posted Image

#46 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

To make this topic easy to understand ( at least by me) can anyone list the Championship clubs and the number of dual registered players they each have.

#47 Mycoe For Knighthood

Mycoe For Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

To make this topic easy to understand ( at least by me) can anyone list the Championship clubs and the number of dual registered players they each have.

Surely that's an easy one to answer Frisky... as I understand any club can have 5 DR players in their starting line up... and basically the 5 players can be anyone from the partnered club. Apart from those with certain visas at this point...

#48 Penola

Penola
  • 610 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Class Steve pure class , Don't mention the F-word..........

No solids in the downstairs toilet

#49 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

No solids in the downstairs toilet

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#50 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Surely that's an easy one to answer Frisky... as I understand any club can have 5 DR players in their starting line up... and basically the 5 players can be anyone from the partnered club. Apart from those with certain visas at this point...

Except swinton who have signed 6 x 1 year contracts with warrington players and then 5 dual registered players, So they can have 11.

#51 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Except swinton who have signed 6 x 1 year contracts with warrington players and then 5 dual registered players, So they can have 11.

Exactly, so they have only got 5 on dual reg :blink:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#52 Dewsbury Rams

Dewsbury Rams
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

I would like to correcct your comments regarding Dewsbury Rams. The Rams featured two dual registration players against Featherstone Rovers. These two players were James Donaldson who had made a total of 32 appearances for Bradford Bulls and Adam O'Brien who had made 8 which is well under the 100 appearances that you claim they have. We also had two players, Lucas Walshaw and Stepehen Nash who are on season long and month long loans respectively. All the other players that played in that game have contracts with us and no other club and all are Dewsbury Rams registered players. It is important that readers of this forum are aware of facts and not speculation.

#53 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

Ackropj, i beleive your a Halifax supporter, any comments about when Fax signed about 8-9 Aussies in one go what i mentioned earlier in this thread ?
Posted Image

#54 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

I would like to correcct your comments regarding Dewsbury Rams. The Rams featured two dual registration players against Featherstone Rovers. These two players were James Donaldson who had made a total of 32 appearances for Bradford Bulls and Adam O'Brien who had made 8 which is well under the 100 appearances that you claim they have. We also had two players, Lucas Walshaw and Stepehen Nash who are on season long and month long loans respectively. All the other players that played in that game have contracts with us and no other club and all are Dewsbury Rams registered players. It is important that readers of this forum are aware of facts and not speculation.

The club statement noted that a number of clubs (not just Dewsbury) fielded players who (between them) had accumulated 100 SL appearences.

#55 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

When In actual fact Dewsbury, Doncaster, Keighley, Swinton, Whitehaven, Workington and York all fielded dual registration players with over 100 Super League appearances between them at the weekend

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#56 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 933 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Thanks for that comment from Dewsbury ... I watched your match on TV last week and to be honest had very little idea who most of the Dewsbury players were or where you'd got them from!

However, this has just served to confuse me even more. Fair enough about the two Bradford dual-regs, but of the two "loanees", isn't one on the books at Wakefield, and the other one at Castleford? How do we differentiate between "loan" and "dual-reg"? How many "loans" are we all allowed, and can they be from any club (unlike Dual Regs)?

I've no doubt whatsoever that Dewsbury played to the rules as they stand, but what's the logical limit to all this? Could Hunslet for example, at least theoretically, field five dual-regs from Leeds, plus say Sam Tomkins on loan from Wigan, and Gareth Ellis on loan from Hull ?? Could we loan even more players ??

And what's to stop the non-twinned clubs without access to dual-reg just using loans (which they can apparently agree with any club) instead ?

The rules are so labyrinthine and convoluted I'm on the point of giving up trying to understand them ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users