Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Batley v Knights

Sunday 2pm

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

The referee at the LoveRugbyLeague.com stadium on Sunday for Batley Bulldogs v York City Knights RLFC will be Mr G.Stokes.

The game also kicks off at 2pm.
Posted Image

#2 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

You havent renamed the 'Nine oil' as well have you, Gav ? :D

#3 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Will be grafting so will have to miss this one, never been to Mount Unpleasant and seen the Knights get anything but hammered, so another good display and if not a win a bonus point would be nice. To all you lucky enough to be going, enjoy :)

#4 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

You havent renamed the 'Nine oil' as well have you, Gav ? :D

Not yet...! ;)
Posted Image

#5 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

Not yet...! ;)

Show us the money!!!

#6 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

Fordy 50/50 for Sunday, George Elliott, Aaron Lyons & Haynsey all playing at Fev
tonight as possibles to replace him.

#7 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

Shock, horror - Kingy has rejected new contract terms, original contract
was annulled due to his no-show at the club so far this pre-season/season.

Joe Hemmings not training at the moment due to work & family commitments,
but still registered with us.

#8 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

Shock, horror - Kingy has rejected new contract terms, original contract
was annulled due to his no-show at the club so far this pre-season/season.

Joe Hemmings not training at the moment due to work & family commitments,
but still registered with us.

Dont think we need Kingy, rather play someone who wants to play for the club, Sully, Aldos, Stenchion, Nicholson etc:.

#9 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Dont think we need Kingy, rather play someone who wants to play for the club, Sully, Aldos, Stenchion, Nicholson etc:.

And so say all of us. Kingy's too old and brittle to put any money into now. Get him in to help coach the u20s pack.

#10 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

On batley site they think it will be a walkover . Saying that GT tactics are 5 drives and a kick . Ha ha they are in for a surprise !!!!!!

#11 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Not really everybody though is it. Most saying it Will be close. However you would expect us to win given recent form wouldn't you?

#12 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Not really everybody though is it. Most saying it Will be close. However you would expect us to win given recent form wouldn't you?

Absolutley. I'm just hoping for a good performance and at least a bonus point. Anything more would be a Brucey Bonus!
Posted Image

#13 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Away Gav - I'm hoping to put 30 on them. We live in hope, not necessarily reality

#14 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

And you could of course. I do not think we are running smoothly yet - as noone is - and as it's early in the season we are all fighting to find our level in the pack.

#15 Willie the Pimp

Willie the Pimp
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

And so say all of us. Kingy's too old and brittle to put any money into now. Get him in to help coach the u20s pack.

Well not quite all, the management did offer him a new contract

#16 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Well not quite all, the management did offer him a new contract

Yep, on reduced terms to what he signed in August. Which is perfectly reasonable.
Posted Image

#17 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

So where are your strengths then? I reckon we are a little weaker up front and we miss Gareth Moore too. We do have plenty of pace in the backs though. Hopefully it will be enough to keep those young lads quiet.

#18 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

So where are your strengths then? I reckon we are a little weaker up front and we miss Gareth Moore too. We do have plenty of pace in the backs though. Hopefully it will be enough to keep those young lads quiet.

Personally I believe we have the best kicker in the league in Simon Brown, so if our forwards can match yours and give him and Nicklas room to play then anything could happen...
Posted Image

#19 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

I'd say we're strongest at half back, second row, and the back 5. Our props and hookers aren't bad either ;)

I'd say our kicking game gives us a big advantage in both attack & defence, we kept out 5 consecutive sets last Sunday, with Browns drop-outs twice reaching the opposition 20m, and Nicklas kicking a mean 40-20 9 (more like 20-10) when we were under the cosh. If we play like we did on Sunday, certain Batley fans might be surprised at the style Thornton has us playing.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#20 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

I'd say we're strongest at half back, second row, and the back 5. Our props and hookers aren't bad either ;)

I'd say our kicking game gives us a big advantage in both attack & defence, we kept out 5 consecutive sets last Sunday, with Browns drop-outs twice reaching the opposition 20m, and Nicklas kicking a mean 40-20 9 (more like 20-10) when we were under the cosh. If we play like we did on Sunday, certain Batley fans might be surprised at the style Thornton has us playing.

Hardly worth us turning up then :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users