Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Batley v Knights

Sunday 2pm

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#21 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

dont bother then we will be there

#22 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

I can't believe some folk! Why don't you have a word with Gary Thornton then you can send 'em our game plan as well! Don't you think it would be wiser to let 'em find out on Sunday where our strengths are?

#23 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

I can't believe some folk! Why don't you have a word with Gary Thornton then you can send 'em our game plan as well! Don't you think it would be wiser to let 'em find out on Sunday where our strengths are?

DVD's of all games are available to coaches direct from the RFL. I very much doubt a coach of the calibre of John Kear gets tips from here.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#24 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

I'm fairly sure John Kear will already have an inkling that Simon Brown is quite good at kicking.
Posted Image

#25 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 616 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

I wonder if Kear knows that Thornton is aware of the slope...

Walmsley's out, which knocks a good 18 foot and half a ton off their front row. We might just do better than our last visit if we keep our fingers crossed.

#26 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Personally I believe we have the best kicker in the league in Simon Brown, so if our forwards can match yours and give him and Nicklas room to play then anything could happen...

Yep, and he was at our game against sheffield, was brown, watching, so he knows are weakness, and will try to exploit it

#27 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

oh dear.........maybe next time

Yeah, maybe. Still, at least we get to go home to York.

Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#28 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

im in leeds mate.......alwoodley
Is that what you said when you lost at whitehaven lol :D

Yep, being saying it every away game since June 2011.

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#29 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 655 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Love to know what averages are of batley winning home ties with that slope would it be the same on a flat pitch

#30 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

On batley site they think it will be a walkover . Saying that GT tactics are 5 drives and a kick . Ha ha they are in for a surprise !!!!!!

Ha, ha.

#31 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Love to know what averages are of batley winning home ties with that slope would it be the same on a flat pitch

Same for both sides in fairness JK. Up until 2/3 years ago we seemed to strangely play better going uphill.

Was a little anxious before today's game, but and not looking to cause an arguement, expected more from York. Although at the same time we played very well for the majority of the game. Your forwards didnt seem to really run hard and we completely dominated the collision, which gave the halves and backs the freeedom to dictate the game. There was also a visible difference in intensity in the two sides on defence too, which made a massive difference.

Your number 26 looks a pretty handy player though.

#32 WRknight

WRknight
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

oh dear.........maybe next time

Yes maybe without a certain ginger ######, without a doubt the worst refereeing display I have seen for a long long time. Worth going just to see GH offering the ref a bung.

#33 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Hardly worth us turning up then :)

Very happy york didnt bother playing in the second half lol

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#34 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 655 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

What I mean is playing on a sloped pitch every other week must be an advantage in batleys favour as every other club play on a flat pitch not taking away that you didn't play well because you did I'm talking run of the ball

#35 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

What I mean is playing on a sloped pitch every other week must be an advantage in batleys favour as every other club play on a flat pitch not taking away that you didn't play well because you did I'm talking run of the ball

It's called home advantage, every club gets used to playing on their own pitch and therefore should use it to their own benefit. It's a bit like your team know where all the pot holes are in your sand pit!

#36 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

I can see your point, especially in relation to weighting kicks as you can practice regularly.It's only the last couple of years that we seem to have become a bit more adept at it though.

Dont forget Fev and Dewsbury has a slope too, although ours is probably the most pronounced. I suppose you just get used to playing your own pitch though. We always seem to struggle at the more narrow ones like Dewsbury and York too, so I think there is definitely some merit to what you have said.

But with the greatest respect we would have won playing uphill both halves today. Your lads, although skillfull at times with the play didnt really seem 'up for it' from a physical aspect. In my opinion anyway. We seemed to win every collision and put your forwards down too easily.

#37 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 616 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Stokes was very poor even for Stokes. 2nd half was decided by the first. Sh+t match, scoreline flatters Batley.
Enjoy your win.

#38 KNIGHTS2009

KNIGHTS2009
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Home bound to spend some time with the family great effort from the boys today but cant beat 14 men joke.

Tom Carr on twitter so it seems it is just not some of the Knights fans who were not impressed about Stokes performance today.

Edited by KNIGHTS2009, 17 February 2013 - 05:27 PM.

TOUCH THE MAGIC OF THE YORK CITY KNIGHTS

Posted Image

Posted Image

YORK CITY KNIGHTS CHAMPIONSHIP 1 PLAY OFF FINAL WINNERS 2010

#39 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Stokes was very poor even for Stokes. 2nd half was decided by the first. Sh+t match, scoreline flatters Batley.
Enjoy your win.

You would say that, you lost!

#40 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

You would say that, you lost!

And we had tries disallowed too