Sunday 2pm

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#61 WRknight

WRknight
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

so you reckon that would have been a different result ??? In that case if we had had Walmsley, Moore and top try scorer last season Potts in the line up then it would have been more ??? its all ifs and buts mate.....get over it

Where do I say that I reckon the result would have been different, I only said more of a contest.

#62 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

I went to the game today and to be honest from 5 mins in I feared the worst, Batley simply had far too much fire power all over the park for us, yes Stokes pegged us back time and time again but even without that honestly we were no match for the Dogs. Our forwards worked hard but did they break the line once ? Not that I can remember, How many off loads did they manage? maybe one at the most.
Honestly thought with a classy open field kicker like Browny in our ranks and a coach who knows that pitch inside out that for the first time in years we would go there with a real chance of at least a bonus point, instead they pinned us in our own 20 and we could not break out part from a kick to nothing. Their lads clearly wanted it and the way they ran onto the ball in both halves is a lesson we must learn quickly, even our better forwards lacked any go forward with the exception of Sully who was Knights MOM for me.

3 games in, two away from home and 4pts- would have still taken that before season kick-off so we shouldn't over react, however think we still need some more size if we want to try and compete with the top 6, backs look pacy enough when we decide to throw it wide.

Oh how I wish we had signed John Davies, absolutely outstanding player today, he was everywhere in defence and the dart out of the line to smash Presley was the sort of drive we are missing a little.

Heads up lads onto the next game.

Edited by ANDYPK, 17 February 2013 - 07:53 PM.

Posted Image

#63 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

I think you will find most of the York supporters at the game agree that you were much the better side. As for the Presley 'try' it is academic at the end of the day.

Just try to be a bit more graceful in victory, we are all supporters who only want the best for our team, and no body likes to be at the end of a 40 point scoreline.

I agree to some extent, however it's equally frustrating when opposing supporters blame the pitch/ground and the referee when they get beat by almost 40 points. Look on the Swinton/Workington/keighley boards to see the same old predictable reactions. Accept losing with grace too! We are a decent team too you know.

#64 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

You watch, we'll have Laughton next week.

#65 WRknight

WRknight
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

I agree to some extent, however it's equally frustrating when opposing supporters blame the pitch/ground and the referee when they get beat by almost 40 points. Look on the Swinton/Workington/keighley boards to see the same old predictable reactions. Accept losing with grace too! We are a decent team too you know.

Ok, I'll shut up then :)

#66 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Rather that clown than Hewer. His performance in our game against Keighley earlier this season was one of the worst i''ve seen in 20 years.....and we won by 30 points.

The standard seems to get worse year after year. Leatherbarrow is about the best i've seen at the moment IMO.

#67 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Ok, I'll shut up then :)

Ha ha, no need. I do think though that people need to take a breath and think before they put on the forums their feelings straight after they lose.

#68 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

I don't think anyone blamed the ref for us getting beat. What pizzas me off is that we were robbed of a decent game within 30 minutes of kick off. Had Brown not been binned for being a captain, Batley wouldn't have got another try in the first half - from there its all to play for. But instead, man down, 2 dodgy tries and halftime hooter. 2nd half is just 40 minutes.

Nicholson got injured, so wed never beat your forwards, our star wing wasn't on, so we'd never beat your wing. 42 v 4 is not how it wouldve ended under a fairer ref - prob 24 v 16 - and we'd all still be mates.

#69 ashbourneknight

ashbourneknight
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Knights fans are passionate about Rugby league and yes we don't like to lose, but I will be watching out when the Dogs have a bad day at the office, as for the man in the middle well he's a class act,what goes round comes around,somtimes I feel I've watched a different game to others posting on here,but we will have our day and that's why we go on supporting our club passionatley. :rolleyes:

#70 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

I don't think anyone blamed the ref for us getting 42 v 4 is not how it wouldve ended under a fairer ref - prob 24 v 16 - and we'd all still be mates.

Lol you just blamed the ref! You would not have got within 8 points of us if you had started playing on Tuesday!

Edited by Piggy's mate, 17 February 2013 - 10:13 PM.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#71 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

I can hear the 'Thornton out' chants already.

Enjoy your journey under sir Gary, reminded me of some harrowing defeats we had under him during his reign at Batley.

2nd best in all departments against a side that didnt break sweat.

Sign of things to come under GT?

You have been warned!
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#72 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

I can hear the 'Thornton out' chants already.

Enjoy your journey under sir Gary, reminded me of some harrowing defeats we had under him during his reign at Batley.

2nd best in all departments against a side that didnt break sweat.

Sign of things to come under GT?

You have been warned!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#73 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

Knights fans are passionate about Rugby league and yes we don't like to lose, but I will be watching out when the Dogs have a bad day at the office, as for the man in the middle well he's a class act,what goes round comes around,somtimes I feel I've watched a different game to others posting on here,but we will have our day and that's why we go on supporting our club passionatley. :rolleyes:

I am not entirely sure what you mean by this but . . . .no one is suggesting the ref was perfection itself, and as batley supporters, no one knows better than us about what goes round comes around. Of course we will have a bad day at the office, plenty of them I guess, and some of us will blame the ref. I am not disputing that. All I know is York simply, on the day, not as good as us, no matter what the circumstances were.
Oh and good for you for being passionate about your team, believe it or not, there are some Batley supporters who are passionate too, and don't like losing.

#74 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

Plus having a perfectly good try turned down for a forward pass where you saw Joe Arundel actually turn & throw the ball to Jonny Pressley who was behind him beggared belief

We were stood directly opposite play and the pass was forward by quite a distance. Hard to tell whether your Centre delayed it too long or whether Pressley overran it, but it was certainly the correct call.

One of our tries should also have been disallowed for a forward pass too. We got lucky I guess.

Not strictly lucky, Nick. Stokes was up with play for the pass to Pressley and called it correctly. He was behind play for the pass to Hemingway and it was half a yard forward. So not luck - the ref ( in this case ), though couldnt disagree that 6-4 after 35 flattered the Knights. The second half was a forgone conclusion as we had lost four players to injury by the hour mark. Has Ben Black counted his ribs yet cos there are probably a few missing after that shot someone put on him as he set up the last try !!

#75 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

Rather that clown than Hewer. His performance in our game against Keighley earlier this season was one of the worst i''ve seen in 20 years.....and we won by 30 points.

The standard seems to get worse year after year. Leatherbarrow is about the best i've seen at the moment IMO.

We had him today and he was a complete and utter joke.

#76 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

Thought Elliott may have made the 17, if not a starting place yesterday.

#77 steve56

steve56
  • Coach
  • 376 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

I think that this is an example of how we are still well behind the top 5 or so and shouldn't worry too much about getting beat by Batley.It's when we play the teams around us that victories and bonus points are essential to avoid the drop.
Oh and to those (particulary the top sides)who are complaining about dual reg it looks to me that the table is resuming it's normal state and the usual suspects are still top of the pile and shouldn't panic about us little teams catching them up with our Super League stars!

#78 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

Think everything has been covered there, Batley deserved to win, but teams like that
don't need to get all the 50/50 calls from that idiot to win a game.

Only thing I would add is that I thought Aaron Lyons went really well when he came on.

#79 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

Very good and fair match report in today's press. http://www.yorkpress...City_Knights_4/

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#80 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

Not strictly lucky, Nick. Stokes was up with play for the pass to Pressley and called it correctly. He was behind play for the pass to Hemingway and it was half a yard forward. So not luck - the ref ( in this case ), though couldnt disagree that 6-4 after 35 flattered the Knights. The second half was a forgone conclusion as we had lost four players to injury by the hour mark. Has Ben Black counted his ribs yet cos there are probably a few missing after that shot someone put on him as he set up the last try !!

Interesting Andy - spoke to one of our coaching staff this morning who has since watched the video &
insists the pass was not forward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users