TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

One for the statisticians

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

Has something like this ever happened before?

Huddersfield Giants v Wigan Warriors, John Smith's Stadium, Saturday 16th February
Huddersfield Town v Wigan Athletic, John Smith's Stadium, Sunday 17th February

I like coincedences!

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#2 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

Probably not but I like it too.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#3 Walter Ego

Walter Ego
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

Yep, it's interesting.

Good opportunity for a bit of cross sport promotion. Only a small mention on the Warriors site and no mention on latics though (I think the Giants site mentioned it too, but I haven't checked). At least it'll give the losing windyball team a nice scapegoat.

I've no problem with the moving fixture as it's a nice common sense solution to a problem, but why is it that the rugby moved and not the football if the SL fixture is fixed and therefor booked in advance?

#4 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

I've no problem with the moving fixture as it's a nice common sense solution to a problem, but why is it that the rugby moved and not the football if the SL fixture is fixed and therefor booked in advance?

Television, I believe.

Would have been an interesting fight if the match was on Sky, but as it's not and the football is being televised, it was always RL that was going to move
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#5 Walter Ego

Walter Ego
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Television, I believe.

Would have been an interesting fight if the match was on Sky, but as it's not and the football is being televised, it was always RL that was going to move

Ahh of course. Cheers

#6 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Ahh of course. Cheers

And saying that, if it was on TV it would be Friday or Saturday, so no clash there
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users