Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

15/02/13 - Leeds Rhinos v Salford City Reds - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds Rhinos (12 votes [92.31%])

Percentage of vote: 92.31%

2. Salford City Reds (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,497 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 brooza

brooza
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

Can't see past Leeds for this one, but I thought that last week
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Leeds, by 30.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Leeds by about 60 I think.

Salford are struggling to field a team with the following players doubtful

Wild
Nero
Gleeson
Fages
Gibson
Williams D
Not sure how Jewitt is doing he may be on he list as well

we have a thin squad and this doesn't help.

Hope we get the new recruits soon.

#5 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 936 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Not taking anything away from Cas as they muscled up and deserved the win, but the forecast after todays Snow is much warmer and dry, plus with Headingleys undersoil heating, the pitch shouldn't be a bog. Leeds will win this convincingly. We are playing a team that has scored 6 and conceded 82 so far this season. We are looking at having up to 6 players out injured but even then, with McGuire, Sinfield and Burrow all playing, it wont dent us too much. I just hope we can finanally get through a game without picking up any more injuries.

On the Leeds forum I said Leeds by 18 but in reality I reckon anything up to 30 or so.

Edited by Harrigan, 13 February 2013 - 12:40 PM.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Leeds squad: Zak Hardaker, Kallum Watkins, Joel Moon, Ryan Hall, Danny McGuire, Rob Burrow, Kylie Leuluai, Paul McShane, Jamie Jones-Buchanan, Carl Ablett, Kevin Sinfield, Stevie Ward, Ian Kirke, Chris Clarkson, Mitch Achurch, Darrell Griffin, Richard Moore, Jimmy Keinhorst, Liam Hood.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Salford squad: Jack Murphy, Jodie Broughton, Ashley Gibson, Rhys Williams, Danny Williams, Ryan McGoldrick, Marc Sneyd, Lee Jewitt, Wayne Godwin, Shannon McPherson, Matty Ashurst, Andrew Dixon, Stephen Wild, Stuart Howarth, Ben Gledhill, Ryan Boyle, Jordan James, Adam Neal, Gareth Owen.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#8 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 936 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Leeds squad: Zak Hardaker, Kallum Watkins, Joel Moon, Ryan Hall, Danny McGuire, Rob Burrow, Kylie Leuluai, Paul McShane, Jamie Jones-Buchanan, Carl Ablett, Kevin Sinfield, Stevie Ward, Ian Kirke, Chris Clarkson, Mitch Achurch, Darrell Griffin, Richard Moore, Jimmy Keinhorst, Liam Hood.

Hardaker
Keinhorst
Watkins
Moon
Hall
Sinfield
McGuire

Griffin
Burrow
Kirke
Jones-Buchanan
Ablett
Ward

McShane
Clarkson
Leuluai
Achurch

Hood & Moore to miss out for me.

Talk about shot to pieces in the forwards though missing 3 or our best in Peacock, Bailey and Delaney.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#9 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Haven't voted, but I'd say the Red's chances were similar to that metaphorical snowball in hell. Can't see Leeds being troubled. Biggest question might be will Salford trouble the scorer?
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#10 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,633 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Leeds 32 Salford 18
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#11 MikeTommo

MikeTommo
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

My prediction (In Mr. T voice) Pain. This will not be pretty. Hopefully we'll get through this without any more injuries, put it behind us and move on to next week. Leeds by 50

#12 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Will we trouble the scorer? Unlikely, but you never know. I was born in Hope Hospital so I can hope we score. :)
Will we keep Leeds under 50? That's possible, but they are the reigning World and Super League champions. I'll be happy with another 40. :(

In fact, I'll be delirious if we score, ecstatic if we keep Leeds under 30, and if by some miracle we win, well ... I might even buy Mick a pint! :o :D

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#13 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,857 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

C'mon Salford! Rhinos by 30 sadly :(
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#14 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

I am surprised that Hardaker is in the Leeds squad given his injury he sustained on Sunday,during their defeat to another less-fancied side.
I am pleased to see the opportunity given to Sneyd and the return of Wild,who missed the game in France,and Howarth who was an ever present last year.
A victory at the home of the reigning World Club Champions should be a good way to start the Salford season and encourage some spectators to the next two home games against other sides who have not got off to the best of starts.
Just need to contain Sinfield,McGuire and Burrow and Salford may just do it.

#15 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,075 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

This one's going to be painful watching for the Salford fans. Just keep reminding yourselves that the future will be brighter.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#16 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

This one's going to be painful watching for the Salford fans. Just keep reminding yourselves that the future will be brighter.

Salford City Oranges?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#17 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,633 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Leeds will have a few missing either injured or rested,and it is a dodgy time of year for Leeds with this WCC challenge on their minds
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#18 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

The only way that Leeds will score less than 50 is if their minds are on next week - nasty accident for Salford coming up, I'm afraid.

#19 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Let's face it, I don't think this fixture is at all by coincidence.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#20 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Salford getting a 36 point start with SkyBet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users