Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

15/02/13 - St Helens v Hull FC - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. St Helens (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Hull FC (6 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Draw (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,607 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Should be an interesting one. Neither side showed anything impressive in attack during the opening weekend but Hull's win over Bradford seemed far more reassuring than our win over Widnes.

I'll be positive and go for a narrow Saints win, though I won't be at all surprised if we come up short.

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

St Helens, by 8.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Hull FC squad: Joe Arundel, Tom Briscoe, Jason Crookes, Ben Crooks, Ben Galea, Chris Green, Aaron Heremaia, Daniel Holdsworth, Richard Horne, Danny Houghton, Paul Johnson, Andy Lynch, Shannon McDonnell, Mark O'Meley, Jay Pitts, Brett Seymour, Joe Westerman, Richard Whiting, Kirk Yeaman.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

St Helens squad: Paul Wellens, Ade Gardner, Jordan Turner, Sia Soliola, Francis Meli, Jonny Lomax, James Roby, Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Tony Puletua, Jon Wilkin, Willie Manu, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Flanagan, Josh Jones, Lee Gaskell, Tommy Makinson, Joe Greenwood, Alex Walmsley, Anthony Walker.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 Jill Halfpenny fan

Jill Halfpenny fan
  • Coach
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

St Helens squad: Paul Wellens, Ade Gardner, Jordan Turner, Sia Soliola, Francis Meli, Jonny Lomax, James Roby, Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Tony Puletua, Jon Wilkin, Willie Manu, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Flanagan, Josh Jones, Lee Gaskell, Tommy Makinson, Joe Greenwood, Alex Walmsley, Anthony Walker.

No James Child?
Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

#7 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

No James Child?

He he....

Saints need to find another gear or they're in for a kicking.....Is this walmsley's first game?....

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

No James Child?

Huddersfield and Wigan's turn this week. Shame he wasn't doing the Sunday game at the John Smith's Stadium...

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hull by 2.
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#10 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,883 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Strangely for me, a feel a slight undercurrent of confidence. Being Saints away, this is a very odd feeling. Saints' attack should ask more questions than the Bulls' did last week but, reading some of their fans' comments, they sound like they're struggling a bit.

Don't think I'll be making it down the East Lancs Highway for this one so that's another reason for thinking we might sneak a win.

Saints 18 Hull FC 22. :o

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#11 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Saints by 10.

#12 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

I wish Saints would move Wellens to loose, Lomax to full back, Gaskell in at 6 release Lance Hohaia and sign a proper scrum half. I think they'll be a much more of attacking threat with that set up. Game could go either way. Hope Walmsley does well in his first game.

#13 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

I wish Saints would move Wellens to loose, Lomax to full back, Gaskell in at 6 release Lance Hohaia and sign a proper scrum half. I think they'll be a much more of attacking threat with that set up. Game could go either way. Hope Walmsley does well in his first game.

I agree they'd probably be much a better attacking threat structured that way, but I'm not too disappointed that they're not. ;)
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

FT 22-22, no-one wins the coconut.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#15 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,888 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

That's it - I'm predicting draws for every game left, the only way ill improve my prediction record ;)
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#16 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

good game, good game???

#17 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

good game, good game???

Given that we were leading for most of that match I'd say Hull won a point and we lost one! Good game in the first half but progressively worse in the second, and I rather think that whatever Brown is doing with us, it is killing us in the last 10 minutes. We are not fit enough and I want to know why Brown thinks that Saints are Canterbury Bulldogs?? We don't have the talent to pass at the line. Only two forwards actually ran forward and did so to make yards; the rest ran like crabs.

#18 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Cor just think how bad it will be when Browns team suffers its end of season collapse

#19 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,883 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

Saints 18 Hull FC 22. :o

If only Saints hadn't got that lucky try.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#20 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

Given that we were leading for most of that match I'd say Hull won a point and we lost one! Good game in the first half but progressively worse in the second, and I rather think that whatever Brown is doing with us, it is killing us in the last 10 minutes. We are not fit enough and I want to know why Brown thinks that Saints are Canterbury Bulldogs?? We don't have the talent to pass at the line. Only two forwards actually ran forward and did so to make yards; the rest ran like crabs.

We did make some very basic errors, including not playing the ball correctly on two occasions. Not too sure why Wellans threw the ball away when the ball was deemed to have hit his foot! Overall, I though Hull were the better side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users