League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

15/02/13 - Warrington Wolves v Catalan Dragons - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Warrington Wolves (8 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. Catalan Dragons (5 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

3. Draw (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,566 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

Pitch made this a closer game, hard going, discipline was ok by warrington.
A few sloppy errors by warrington, building game by game..... Won without briers and Myler is getting better all the time.... Now talking more.

Catalans will go well, hard, determind team with a few naughty niggling players, but so what it's a mans game.

#122 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,870 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

Great game that. The Wolves were slightly the better team. Thought Catalan got some really tough calls, which for me made the difference in the score line.

Having watched Elima for the last couple of years I'm convinced that referees are quite happy to penalise him on suspicion alone.

Mr Pryce has got some serious explaining to do. That knee jerk reaction to Myler looked terrible.

glad somebody else enjoyed it, the sky team just focused on the negative aspects of the game for much of it.

#123 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,898 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

glad somebody else enjoyed it, the sky team just focused on the negative aspects of the game for much of it.

i enjoyed it partly because the season gives us such a diversity of conditions, seeing how teams cope, what tactics they use on a heavy pitch etc provides an extra dimension that I enjoy. Enthralling at times
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#124 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

I watched it without the commentary. It had its moments and even an average game is better than pretty much anything else you'll see. It could have been much better, though, but for the ref/violence on both sides/paranoia from the Cats. It felt like there was a good game waiting to get out. I agree it's good to have a bit of variety. I am guessing that the return game will be tasty.

#125 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

I'm gonna go for i) Westwood to punch Webb, ii) Elima to punch Westwood.

This isn't gonna be a classic, pitch too heavy and already a willy-waggling precedent set. Something tells me 'niggly' will be a decent summation.

Perfectly succinct.

#126 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

Perfectly succinct.

I scare myself with my brilliance sometimes.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#127 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,488 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

I scare myself with my brilliance sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh78T--ZUxY

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#128 Jasper

Jasper
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

The game certainly made an impression with the BBC. This morning, 8.30am, on BBC news I heard " the Warrington Warriors defeated the Catalan, err, Catalans in a bad trempered game last night." Great coverage by our national broadcaster.

#129 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

The game certainly made an impression with the BBC. This morning, 8.30am, on BBC news I heard " the Warrington Warriors defeated the Catalan, err, Catalans in a bad trempered game last night." Great coverage by our national broadcaster.

I think they learneded by 9.30am, I didn't hear that mistake then.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#130 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#131 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Personally I thought that Brian Carney was way out of order for his comments regarding Catalans and the intonation that they were simply spoiling the game whilst Warrington were simply yearning to provide an R/L spectacular and were being thwarted by those thugs on view opposing them.

BOTH sides were dishing the biff from the word go, only when Warrington did it, that it seemed was fair and acceptable, yet when the opposite side did that was deemed to be unacceptable.

I was not amazed that the game became so fraught with anger (from both sides) but I did think that many decisions given were unfairly awarded Warrington's way. Even the incident between Westwood and Webb was carried on more by Westwood for even after webb had walked away he persisted in following Webb and in my opinion carried on the incident which resulted in a fracas, yet Warrington were then, after both players were sin-binned, even awarded the penalty!?

Having watched the Catalans so many times on Sky I do have some sympathy with their claim that they do not seem to receive a fair crack of the whip from the officials when playing their away fixtures.

#132 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

Catalans get some lousy decisions when playing at home.
The Westwood/Webb incident is ridiculous.
Webb backed off for over 10 meters when Westwood went after him, once Webb stood his ground Westwood threw a punch, Webb defended himself and a brawl broke out. They have both been cited for fighting.
Webb is as indiciplined as anyone but in that incident he was defending himself.
Westwood should have gone to the bin alone.

#133 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,756 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

I like how the two previous posters have ignored the two sly digs in tackles that Webb put in on Westwood when, of course, Westwood was powerless to defend himself. Of course, Webb retreated faster than Ryan Bailey once Westwood was in a position to take him on.

For those who mentioned the commentary team, they were all as pathetic as one another as they slated the officials for about 5-7 minutes solid for a decision they got absolutely spot on.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#134 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Catalans get some lousy decisions when playing at home.
The Westwood/Webb incident is ridiculous.
Webb backed off for over 10 meters when Westwood went after him, once Webb stood his ground Westwood threw a punch, Webb defended himself and a brawl broke out. They have both been cited for fighting.
Webb is as indiciplined as anyone but in that incident he was defending himself.
Westwood should have gone to the bin alone.

I don't disagree that Westwood was foolish for following Webb. But Webb threw the first punch not Westwood.

#135 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

I like how the two previous posters have ignored the two sly digs in tackles that Webb put in on Westwood when, of course, Westwood was powerless to defend himself. Of course, Webb retreated faster than Ryan Bailey once Westwood was in a position to take him on.

For those who mentioned the commentary team, they were all as pathetic as one another as they slated the officials for about 5-7 minutes solid for a decision they got absolutely spot on.

And I like the manner in which you single out Webb ( correctly mind you ) for sly digs in the tackle! Tell me who was not doing that also? You need look no further than Atkins for a niggardly tackler and, that is in every match in which he is involved and, incidentally from the very start of each and every game too.

In Friday's game not a player on view did not at some time have a dig (slyly) and if Elima had been a Warrington player there would have been a thousand contributors on here vindicating his every action for the sh*** he had thrown at him, both by the opposition and the officials likewise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users