Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

16/02/13 - Bradford Bulls v Castleford Tigers - KO 4.45pm (Sky Sports)

Club news release

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Bradford Bulls (11 votes [84.62%])

Percentage of vote: 84.62%

2. Castleford Tigers (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Bradford, by 16-18.

I'm feeling confident... not really, but hopefully we'll come good.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Narrow win for the Bulls here I think. Home advantage on the back of an improvement from last week. The Tigers have had two good performances so far and we'll need to shut down Chase and the centre pairing in particular.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#4 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

Fancied this game with chase playin but now hes not n we have to use a mis fit half back (tansey,milner or clark) its not looking good il hope for bad weather keeping things low scoring n say cas 12-8 brad
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#5 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

we'll need to shut down Chase and the centre pairing in particular.

Chase is banned, so advantage Bulls IMO.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#6 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,079 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

Sorry Cas, but No Chase means No Chance.

Course, I'll most probably be wrong again.
:)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#7 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Sorry Cas, but No Chase means No Chance.

Course, I'll most probably be wrong again.
:)

Ha ha, I've been caught out too many times underestimating Cas, so I ain't doing it again!

For all that, I have to say I slightly fancy us, being at home and then with them having Chase out, it cancels out our loss of Gale and maybe having to move Kearny to FB again. I think they know they underpreformed last week at Hull so there should be plenty of desire.

Hopefullly though, If Platty is out then I hope they put, say Whitehead, in at centre, rather than putting Foster in the threequarters and dropping BK in at fullback again. Donaldson or Addy can come in for second row wthout skipping a beat. Elliott's played centre before and didn't look out of place, for me it's the best move rather than moving two and three players around.
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#8 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Tough one to call

Castlefords buoyed up boys battling Bradford Bulls's bouncebackability

#9 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Castleford squad: Richard Owen, Justin Carney, Michael Shenton, Jake Webster, Kirk Dixon, Jamie Ellis, Jonathan Walker, Daryl Clark, Craig Huby, Lee Gilmour, Weller Hauraki, Grant Millington, Jake Emmitt, Adam Milner, Nathan Massey, Oliver Holmes, Jordan Thompson, Jordan Tansey, Gareth O'Brien.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Bradford squad: James Donaldson, Adam Sidlow, Michael Platt, Manase Manuokafoa, Jamie Langley, Matt Diskin, Brett Kearney, Nick Scruton, Heath L'Estrange, Matty Blythe, Keith Lulia, Elliott Whitehead, Elliot Kear, Jarrod Sammut, Danny Addy, Tom Olbison, Chev Walker, Jobe Murphy, Jamie Foster.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Bradford by 18.

#12 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Castleford Tigers head coach Ian Millward has named his 19-man squad ahead of the side’s away fixture against Bradford Bulls on Saturday.

Kirk Dixon has recovered early from his calf tear to re-join the squad whilst Mason has been left out following a hamstring injury picked up before the the Rhinos game last week. His progress will be reassessed next week.

Warrington Wolves’ Gareth O'Brien has been brought in on a month’s loan to replace Rangi Chase who received a two match for a Grade B reckless strike on full-back Zak Hardaker in the 63rd minute of Sunday's fixture against Leeds Rhinos. Despite the club's disappointment, the move follows its decision not to appeal the ban. 21 year old O'Brien made 11 appearances and scored three tries and 28 goals for the Wolves in 2012.

Head coach Ian Millward said, “I have been an admirer of Gareth’s for some time and Tony Smith speaks highly of him as both a person and a player. Warrington currently has no injuries in their half backs so they were happy to loan him out and give him some good playing experience.”

Kick off at Odsal Stadium is 4.45pm.

Tigers 19:

1 – Richard Owen 2 – Justin Carney 3 – Michael Shenton 4 – Jake Webster 5 – Kirk Dixon 7 – Jamie Ellis 8 – Jonathan Walker 9 – Daryl Clark 10 – Craig Huby 11 – Lee Gilmour 12 – Weller Hauraki 13 – Grant Millington 14 – Jake Emmitt 15 – Adam Milner 16 – Nathan Massey 17 – Oliver Holmes 18 – Jordan Thompson 19 – Jordan Tansey 26 – Gareth O’Brien

Claire Lakhera
Media Manager

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#13 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

This thread seems a bit tame without Fev fans...

Anyway, I can hear the sound of knive edge derisory wit being sharpened already.

*cough, Browny!!!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#14 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

First game back for me after the bitter taste of the goings on last season that still upset me.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

First game back for me after the bitter taste of the goings on last season that still upset me.

Don't expect a classic, just reading the T&A and a heavy pitch is expected. Hmm. Anyhoo, welcome back! Your round yeh?!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

How come it's not Warrington again?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#17 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,536 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

How come it's not Warrington again?

That's next week in the council house

#18 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

At least you'll feel at home.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#19 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

This thread seems a bit tame without Fev fans...

*cough, Browny!!!

It's too easy, it's not even sport anymore

#prayforcas #weakestofthethree

#20 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

I'm sure that makes sense to somebody......... :huh:
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users