Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

16/02/13 - Bradford Bulls v Castleford Tigers - KO 4.45pm (Sky Sports)

Club news release

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Bradford Bulls (11 votes [84.62%])

Percentage of vote: 84.62%

2. Castleford Tigers (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

This Jobi Murphy looks a talent.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#42 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Well the Bulls fans have soon changed there opinion on the officials

#43 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

interesting game.....well played Bradford, unlucky Cas......nice to see the ball thrown around so much

#44 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

interesting game.....well played Bradford, unlucky Cas......nice to see the ball thrown around so much

That Dan Marino pass in the first half was a corker

#45 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

That Dan Marino pass in the first half was a corker

yeah it was only 5m forward......however, the rest of that play leading to the try was belting.

that last try was jokes.....Huaraki sold an outrageous dummy

#46 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Best team won, not sure thy deserved that much of a margin but there you go.

Game ruined by officials but still a performance to be proud of on the whole
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#47 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

yeah it was only 5m forward......however, the rest of that play leading to the try was belting.

that last try was jokes.....Huaraki sold an outrageous dummy

Yes I agree it was, good game of rugby for 70 mins a shame about the last 10 Cas didn't deserve to lose by so much.

#48 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Great win. Impressed with Addy's kicking and thought Walker and Whitehead were strong. Kearney must be a shout for Exiles.

Ref wasn't too bad, if players weren't messing about he wouldn't have to blow whistle. Every 'game' thread on here ends up having a go at refs!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#49 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,925 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

How many times did Stevo say "they'll take the two" when Bradford kept getting penalties near the try line at 20-12 and with Cas having a man in the bin?!
Why on Earth would they take two points when they're 8 clear and clearly dominating a Cas side with a man down in good field position?! He said this about three times and they tapped each time! How couldn't he work this out?!
Posted Image

#50 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Great win. Impressed with Addy's kicking and thought Walker and Whitehead were strong. Kearney must be a shout for Exiles.

Ref wasn't too bad, if players weren't messing about he wouldn't have to blow whistle. Every 'game' thread on here ends up having a go at refs!

Ref wasn't too bad I think the majority of your supporters had a difference of opinion in the first half with all the constant booing you could hear on the telly.

Edited by westhuller, 16 February 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#51 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Maybe it's the laws rather than the refs. This team on a warning business will nearly always lead to a sin bin. Take a drive, loose carry and they're in the bin for a ball steal.

Do people genuinely believe that, as tonight, Cas were put on a team warning and the very next tackle Ellis deliberately stripped the ball? Same in the first half when a addy was binned

It ruins the game
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#52 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Ref wasn't too bad I think the majority of your supporters had a difference of opinion in the first half with all the constant booing you could hear on the telly.

I think when ur at the game it's easier to think the calls are wrong, but most on here have seen it on TV with replays! Although its also frustrating that Sky commentary seem to spend there time finding errors in calls rather than getting excited about the skill and promoting the game. When Eddie got excited by accident about Walkers '100th' try ...... I want that after other tries when it's good skill!!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#53 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Reckless, shoulder to the head - 2 games

https://mobile.twitt...7962241/photo/1

Posted Image

#54 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Reckless, shoulder to the head - 2 games

https://mobile.twitt...7962241/photo/1

Must admit, I thought it was shoulder to shoulder on the replay, but that does appear to show head contact. Be interesting to see the RFL naughty list on Monday.

#55 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Maybe it's the laws rather than the refs. This team on a warning business will nearly always lead to a sin bin. Take a drive, loose carry and they're in the bin for a ball steal.

Do people genuinely believe that, as tonight, Cas were put on a team warning and the very next tackle Ellis deliberately stripped the ball? Same in the first half when a addy was binned

It ruins the game

I think that's a really good point. The 'non-offending' team will be, shall we say, 'doing their best to get a penalty' in that situation.

A new can of worms was opened up tonight as the team warning rule might have cost Cas the game. I'm not a ref basher by the way but we've all heard the phrase "The Steve Ganson Show" many times....

#56 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Pleased with that. The first thing my mum said when we came back was "Millward's not happy!" It's a shame it became the Ganson Show once again, it ruined the game as a spectacle. I didn't give Cas nearly enough credit, I thought they battled hard - even with that second try <_< - I was impressed with Jordan Thompson, he got his nose through the line often, Tansey was a handful. Jarrod Sammut, new YouTube sensation with that error.

Our mutual friend Nigel Wood was sat a few seat down from me, I had a quick word with him at the end about his brother-in-law who was a former colleague.

Anyhoo, I'll have to watch the game back, comfort in the knowledge of 2 points, to see the overall perspective of the game. But first, cottage pie and a delve into the murky world of this thread... Oo I can't wait.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#57 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

The decision when Dixon was taken out and Bradford got the penalty was an absolute joke. And L'estrange should have gone for 10 minutes when after the Bulls were put on team warning, Ellis scored and L'estrange nearly took his head off in the attempted tackle to stop the try.
Bulls deserved the win awith some cracking handling and offloads, not too disappointed. And we all know Scruton will go unpunished.

#58 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Penalties looked fair to me & Cas looked like they were going to crack from halftime onwards

Much as it pains me to say the Bulls were much better

#59 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

Oh apart from Dixon taken out and Cas penalised, that one was mental

#60 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,930 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

Thought both teams looked pretty good, always happy to watch them - mind you the only superleague Team i don't like watching are hull fc
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx